PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott on Dan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way to completely ignore what's being said and pretend like you're making a good point.

You're the one focusing on one game whereas everyone else with at least a fifth grade education understands that Scott ewas clearly not talking about Brady in one game.

Let me repeat these for you again:

He said he has ONLY seen Brady struggle, as in ALWAYS. He thinks Bradys wilts and cowers when you punch him in the mouth. He didn't say this is what happens to all QBs. He said, you learn a lot about a guy after you punch him in the mouth. If this applied to ALL QBs, then there'd be nothing to learn!!

Learn how to READ!

If the Pats want to shut them up then they need to do it on the field. Otherwise guys are going to run their mouths.

Thanks, and the sky is blue as well.

what I'm saying is this IS trash talking. If the Pats beat the Jets and were gloating about it, would people not say there were getting too ****y? The Jets are still talking like they're the man. One win means nothing. Ask Buffalo if they were the "man" for beating the Patriots once that season. Sure they were, for a week. but I don't consider a win like that to be defining in such a way unless done in a dramatic way like the playoffs. winning a regular season game doesn't convince me anyone is the man, not in week 2.

All I'm saying is we would be saying we're getting ****y if we were merely 2-0 and talking trash after winning. Which the Jets are, and I promise you it will come and bite them the second they're caught slipping.

Dear God...please make the Jets and the media's love for them go away...as many have said, a couple of those passes caught, Welker playing, etc etc and we have a different result. Whether Brady got hit or not is irrelevant. The Pats made mistakes...plain and simple. The freaking Jets do this every freaking year...wow, they are 2-0...super bowl bound...let's chat at the end of the season for Christ's sake. One game...

P.S. what has Bart Scott EVER accomplished? hmmmm? SHUT UP, please...
venting...done...

This is, to a lesser extent, all I'm trying to say.

You're the one focusing on one game

Umm, it is called an example. I'm not focusing strictly on it, but the proof is clearly in the pudding. It's ironic that the guy throwing around all the insults doesn't seem to understand how they apply to himself more than anybody else. Neat trick.

whereas everyone else with at least a fifth grade education understands that Scott ewas clearly not talking about Brady in one game.

Strictly speaking, no was anybody else. You could stand to look up the word "example" in the dictionary and see how it works.

He said he has ONLY seen Brady struggle, as in ALWAYS.

When he is hit hard enough.

He thinks Bradys wilts and cowers when you punch him in the mouth.

Incorrect.

He didn't say this is what happens to all QBs.

Nor did anybody else. Nobody is talking about wilting and cowering. We are talking about playing less effective football. As in throwing fewer completions for fewer yards.

If this applied to ALL QBs, then there'd be nothing to learn!!

It applies to pretty much every non-mobile QB. Arguably the mobile ones even more if you can manage to hit them considering they're usually smaller.

Learn how to READ!

You're like a cheating preacher shouting about everyboy else's sins.

You're the one focusing on one game whereas everyone else with at least a fifth grade education understands that Scott ewas clearly not talking about Brady in one game.

Let me repeat these for you again:

He said he has ONLY seen Brady struggle, as in ALWAYS. He thinks Bradys wilts and cowers when you punch him in the mouth. He didn't say this is what happens to all QBs. He said, you learn a lot about a guy after you punch him in the mouth. If this applied to ALL QBs, then there'd be nothing to learn!!

Learn how to READ!

I think what Bart meant by saying that's "how he always sees Brady" is that whenever Bart's teams played Brady, Brady's always struggled. He's not referring to all the teams that has tried to pressure Brady but from his own experience playing against him. He's got a valid point. Brady's never lit up Baltimore and their pressure defense has always kept Brady in check.

I think what Bart meant by saying that's "how he always sees Brady" is that whenever Bart's teams played Brady, Brady's always struggled. He's not referring to all the teams that has tried to pressure Brady but from his own experience playing against him. He's got a valid point. Brady's never lit up Baltimore and their pressure defense has always kept Brady in check.

always......as in the one other time that scott has played the pats?

You find out a lot about a player when they throw a flag across the field while throwing a hissy fit like a spoiled little 6 year old who didn't get the toy he wanted for Christmas. That's the Bart Scott I know.

Does refusing to shake hands with an opponents coach after a loss fall into this same category? naaaaaaaahhhh.

Umm, it is called an example. I'm not focusing strictly on it, but the proof is clearly in the pudding. It's ironic that the guy throwing around all the insults doesn't seem to understand how they apply to himself more than anybody else. Neat trick.

Strictly speaking, no was anybody else. You could stand to look up the word "example" in the dictionary and see how it works.

When he is hit hard enough.

Incorrect.

Nor did anybody else. Nobody is talking about wilting and cowering. We are talking about playing less effective football. As in throwing fewer completions for fewer yards.

It applies to pretty much every non-mobile QB. Arguably the mobile ones even more if you can manage to hit them considering they're usually smaller.

You're like a cheating preacher shouting about everyboy else's sins.

WOW, you clearly have difficulties with reading comprehe3nsion. An example of one game? You're saying Bart Scott has only watched Brady once, because Scott is CLEARLY talking about more than one game. He's talking about many games.

I can't help you read, I'm sorry.

always......as in the one other time that scott has played the pats?

Twice I believe and now the Jets' game. Whatever the case, I think he was speaking from his own experience, not in general of how Brady does against all pressure defense. TIFWIW, that's how interpret the interview.

Does refusing to shake hands with an opponents coach after a loss fall into this same category? naaaaaaaahhhh.

LOL, well played.

You guys are taking his comments way out of context, He didnt mean brady struggles all the time, He meant that in the times when he has been on the opposing team, brady has struggled and thats true! Sundays game versus, the jets, the 2007 meeting against the ravens which was Brady's second worst regular season game, his worst was against the jets at home, but alot of that was due to the monsoon like weather that day. Brady has never had higher than a 76.3 QB rating against the ravens. Scott has played Brady 3 times btw, and Bradys qb rating/completion percentage in those games are.. 2004 meeting: 67.6/50% 2007 meeting: 76.3/47.4% 2009 meeting: 53.1/48.9%
and in those 3 games combined brady has 2 TDs and 2 interceptions.

Scott obviously wasn't saying Brady struggled all the time, he has 3 rings for crying out loud, he most certainly meant it in the context of when his team is playing Brady!

Last edited:

See, that's exactly what I'm contesting. Brady has put up 27 points in 2007 and 24 points in 2005 against the Ravens. I really don't look at that as wilting. And he's won. How is that a sign of struggle? Look at the last game, 2 TDs and 1 INT, 257 yards. Is that keeping Brady in check? They lost, they have up 2 TDs through the air, they gave up 250+ yards through the air.

Beyond that, the silliest quote is this one: "You really learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

To me, that means that Brady wilts when you punch him in the mouth, and coming off the quote about Brady struggling against the Ravens, that's an attack on Brady's abilities, because it wouldn't even need to be said at all if it applied to every QB. He could have said, "QBs wilt when you punch them in the mouth." But he said instead, "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

Am I interpreting that incorrectly?

You guys are taking his comments way out of context, He didnt mean brady struggles all the time, He meant that in the times when he has been on the opposing team, brady has struggled and thats true! Sundays game versus, the jets, the 2007 meeting against the ravens which was Brady's second worst regular season game, his worst was against the jets at home, but alot of that was due to the monsoon like weather that day. Brady has never had higher than a 76 QB rating against the ravens.

Scott obviously wasn't saying Brady struggled all the time, he has 3 rings for crying out loud, he most certainly meant it in the context of when his team his playing Brady!

2 TDs, 1 Int, 257 yards, 2 victories.

I'll take struggles like that over the next two weeks.

Regardless, you interpret this for me, will ya? "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

What does that mean?

Regardless, you interpret this for me, will ya? "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

What does that mean?

I think what he was basically saying is that when Bart's teams faced Brady, Brady hasn't put up superstar numbers. He's probably drawing from the two previous games specifically because as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Bart was a special teams player when they played in 05 (?). In 07, Brady was on a tear but when we played the Ravens, their defense stifled our offense specifically Brady for the majority of the night. Yes we ended up winning, but Brady wasn't putting up the monster numbers that he was putting up prior to that game. And this past Sunday, obviously Brady struggled. The constant during both games was that Brady was constantly pressured and hit.

You can disagree with him, but I think that's what he's saying.

I think what he was basically saying is that when Bart's teams faced Brady, Brady hasn't put up superstar numbers. He's probably drawing from the two previous games specifically because as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, Bart was a special teams player when they played in 05 (?). In 07, Brady was on a tear but when we played the Ravens, their defense stifled our offense specifically Brady for the majority of the night. Yes we ended up winning, but Brady wasn't putting up the monster numbers that he was putting up prior to that game. And this past Sunday, obviously Brady struggled. The constant during both games was that Brady was constantly pressured and hit.

You can disagree with him, but I think that's what he's saying.

Well, I do disagree with him about the last Ravens game. Losing to a guy you give up two TDs to and 27 points is not struggling.

But, I guess I have to say it again:
What does this mean? "You learn a lot about a guy when you punch him in the mouth."

What did we learn about Tom Brady?

What does that mean?

That means when you put pressure and attack a quarterback like hes never attacked you see that as amazing as he is, hes not superman, he is human and pressure and big hits will affect his game. Scott is saying that you learn alot about a guy (brady) when you punch him in the mouth, meaning that when you actually attack and hit brady hes not the same. He also followed up by saying he is a great symbol for what the league is all about. You dont say a guy sucks or whatever you percieve him saying, and then say he is a symbol for what the NFL is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye