PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bart Scott on Dan Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can say all he wishes..he's a poster child for the primma donna punk athlete..karma will have him eating humble pie one day and I hope all Patriot fans will remember that.

Scott is going to, at some point, write checks for his team that they can't cash.

You don't have a problem with a guy calling your QB a guy who struggles under pressure?

Uh, no. Most QBs do struggle under pressure. And Tom certainly did on Sunday.

Do you suffer from reading incomprehension?

Do you really want to play this game? I don't think you do.

When someone says, Brady struggled and that's the Brady I always see," he's saying this QB always sucks when you hit him.

If you beat up any QB enough and knock him down before any useful route develops he's going to play a lot worse. Brady's historically great against the blitz, but it's certainly possible to disrupt our offense with quick attacks, physical play, and good defensive talent. The Giants did, and now the Jets have. Hell, it's what we used to do against the Rams and Colts, and what BB did with the Giants against the Bills. Why does any self-respecting Pats fan have a problem when they do it to us? It's what you're supposed to do. And the Jets did it.

That's clearly NOT the case, unless you're blind, deaf and dumb.

Incorrect.

Next time, watch the actual games instead of going on a bike ride with your wife.

Oh, it's you. The guy who gets angry and disgusted when his friends don't watch the game with him. How you doing? Btw, 16-9. We lost.

If by punk you mean winner then you guys are right. I don't have any problem with what he said.
By winner, you mean a guy who costs his team the game by picking up a yellow flag and throwing it into the stands? There are a lot of different ideas about what makes a winner, I guess, but that isn't one of mine.

By winner, you mean a guy who costs his team the game by picking up a yellow flag and throwing it into the stands? There are a lot of different ideas about what makes a winner, I guess, but that isn't one of mine.

By winner I mean a member of the team that just beat up the Pats last Sunday. You guys are seriously starting to sound like every other whiny fan on the ESPN boards complaining about how classless the Pats were and how classless BB was when they were the big dogs in town. It's kind of sad.

Really nothing at all wrong with what he said and I don't think he showed any sign of disrespect.

Lets face it, the 'BLUEPRINT' we all laughed about in 2007 when it came out is now reality - Teams are STILL looking at the Giants defense in the SB and planning accordingly.

With this sh!tty OL the plan is simple - Blitz the hell out of Brady and hope he does not get the ball off - its a gamble but if you get to him you will probably beat the Patriots because the OL and the Running game at this point leave much to be desired.

In order for Brady to get his rhythm and confidence back (something he lacks right now) the OL and run HAVE to improve and fast.

Well that wasn't the strategy the giants used but if it makes you feel better saying so. I guess if anything the game plan has now become bring pressure all day. Teams are using everyone and everything to blitz us now, and it hasn't looked like we have a clue how to stop it.

Right now I have no doubts in my mind that Brady is playing scared - First of all he has little to no protection in the pocket and this is coming off delicate knee surgery and he knows that another hit like last year to the same area WILL no doubt end his career prematurely and I don't know about you guys but I dont blame him for being skittish when he has a defender in his face almost everytime he sets back to survey the field?,Brady is NOT Michael Vick where he can simply dodge his way to a 15 yard gain,he is a pocket passer and lately the pocket is collapsing Fast.

I think anyone here would be scared in this situation and it will take time and better protection for Brady to get his swagger back - this ALL depends on protection,if the OL cannot give Brady more than 1.3 seconds of time to find a receiver I don't know how the hell you guys expect him to suddenly become himself again???

If this team is to win more than 10 games this season Brady needs his OL to play like they are getting paid to do,So far its pathetic and for me as a Patriots fan its frustating to watch - 1.3 seconds to throw the ball is not going to result in many completions - Stop blaming Brady for those that are doing so.

Well that wasn't the strategy the giants used but if it makes you feel better saying so. I guess if anything the game plan has now become bring pressure all day. Teams are using everyone and everything to blitz us now, and it hasn't looked like we have a clue how to stop it.

You pretty much have to sacrifice the running back and possibly a TE to keep the pressure off Brady leaving not as many options to throw the ball to but what else can you do when the 5 fat guys in front of you are not doing their job very well?

I literally pulled some hair out on sunday after witnessing the OL being manhandled and this is not just with the 7 man blitz that Ryan used a few times,this was just with 4 guys rushing and still they got there.

Last edited:
"That's the Brady I always see," Scott said.

I don't understand what he meant by that, but I don't have a problem with what he said because they won on Sunday.

For the people on this board that are getting their panties in a bunch because Scott tells it like it is, get over it and get a life! Stop defending the Pats as if they were your family. Whether the Pats win or lose, it's not going to make your life any better or worse. Last but not least, please don't feel bad for anybody on the Pats because you don't know them and they don't give a sh*t about you.

Last edited:
By winner I mean a member of the team that just beat up the Pats last Sunday. You guys are seriously starting to sound like every other whiny fan on the ESPN boards complaining about how classless the Pats were and how classless BB was when they were the big dogs in town. It's kind of sad.

Bull****. We're talking about a team that has talked. I'm so sick of hearing "Well the Jets can talk, they beat us"

We beat these ****suckers like 50 times under Belichick and not goddamn once was it ever thrown in their face. Never did we call it our super bowl. You know what we did? We went out, kicked their ass than shut up and moved on. But all week it's like I'm listenting to the Jets knock the Pats out of the AFC, it's laughable.

These clowns can keep talking all they want, because there's no doubt they can. Hell didn't Rex Ryan say yesterday about the 49ers, "Man I wish we played them"! What the hell is that? Do teams suddenly fear the ground the Jets walk on? One goddamn win and the team is going nuts. But I LOVE it. Because when they blow it yet again, all this talk is going to come back and bite you.

Ryan has talked a lot. Now he's talking like he and his team won the super bowl. It's fine now, the Jets are 2-0. Life has just begun under Rex Ryan. Buts lets see how they handle it when they have adversity and times get tough. Ryan has been called the man already by the NY press. Similar to how they came up with the classic phrase "Mangenius" right? And what did they do the second their boy stopped winning? Exactly. And Mangini wasn't even a talker. Everything Ryan is saying is going to get old, and when he struggles it will be brought back upon him.

I'm not *****ing much about what Scott said, just the fact theyre talking about us non stop like we're their *****.

I don't understand what he meant by that, but I don't have a problem with what he said because they won on Sunday.

For the people on this board that are getting their panties in a bunch because Scott tells it like it is, get over it and get a life! Stop defending the Pats as if they were your family. Whether the Pats win or lose, it's not going to make your life any better or worse. Last but not least, please don't feel bad for anybody on the Pats because you don't know them and they don't give a sh*t about you.

"Tell it like it is?"

This guy has beaten the ****** Patriots one time. ONCE. That's the Tom Brady he knows? The guy who beat him when he thought the victory was all but sealed? That guy?

Telling it like it is is telling the truth. Is that the truth about Brady? No. Again. They walk hard, but how long will they have a mean stick with that walk? They'll grow more ****y and ****y by the week at this rate, and I'm going to love when it's shoved back in their face.

they won, I accepted it. Moved on, over it, fa'get bout it. But the talking is ridiculous. Are these guys playing a game this week or what? It's time to move on for both sides. Because the second we beat those bastards all this and more will be thrown way back in their face by their own media. You'll see.

I'm not *****ing much about what Scott said, just the fact theyre talking about us non stop like we're their *****.

If the Pats want to shut them up then they need to do it on the field. Otherwise guys are going to run their mouths.

Scott is going to, at some point, write checks for his team that they can't cash.

Bingo. I could care less what Bart Scott thinks about the Pats, let alone Tom Brady. Bart Scott showed his credentials after that episode with the ref's flag. I just want him and the rest of the Jets to keep running their mouths and have every team in the NFL frothing at the mouth to play them.

Last edited:
Bull****. We're talking about a team that has talked. I'm so sick of hearing "Well the Jets can talk, they beat us"

We beat these ****suckers like 50 times under Belichick and not goddamn once was it ever thrown in their face. Never did we call it our super bowl. You know what we did? We went out, kicked their ass than shut up and moved on. But all week it's like I'm listenting to the Jets knock the Pats out of the AFC, it's laughable.

These clowns can keep talking all they want, because there's no doubt they can. Hell didn't Rex Ryan say yesterday about the 49ers, "Man I wish we played them"! What the hell is that? Do teams suddenly fear the ground the Jets walk on? One goddamn win and the team is going nuts. But I LOVE it. Because when they blow it yet again, all this talk is going to come back and bite you.

Ryan has talked a lot. Now he's talking like he and his team won the super bowl. It's fine now, the Jets are 2-0. Life has just begun under Rex Ryan. Buts lets see how they handle it when they have adversity and times get tough. Ryan has been called the man already by the NY press. Similar to how they came up with the classic phrase "Mangenius" right? And what did they do the second their boy stopped winning? Exactly. And Mangini wasn't even a talker. Everything Ryan is saying is going to get old, and when he struggles it will be brought back upon him.

Well right now in the East even though its early,the Jets at this point ARE 'the man of the division'.

Like Rick Flair says "To be the man you have to beat the man" and if the Pats are to win the division they better show up in November in Foxboro to beat them this time instead of getting beaten down like they were on offense,The Pats offense and offensive line did not come to play 2 days ago.

Uh, no. Most QBs do struggle under pressure. And Tom certainly did on Sunday.

Nice cherry-picking.

He said Brady always struggles.

He clearly DOES NOT.

Do you really want to play this game? I don't think you do.

If you beat up any QB enough and knock him down before any useful route develops he's going to play a lot worse. Brady's historically great against the blitz, but it's certainly possible to disrupt our offense with quick attacks, physical play, and good defensive talent. The Giants did, and now the Jets have. Hell, it's what we used to do against the Rams and Colts, and what BB did with the Giants against the Bills. Why does any self-respecting Pats fan have a problem when they do it to us? It's what you're supposed to do. And the Jets did it.

Incorrect.

Oh, it's you. The guy who gets angry and disgusted when his friends don't watch the game with him. How you doing? Btw, 16-9. We lost.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You're making ****e up. Go on a bike ride.

If he had said Brady sucked for one game, I understand. That's not what he said.

Once again, you have reading comprehension problems.

I think you're the one taking this too seriously here. Is someone here angered by the Scott quote, or are we just on a message board calling him an idiot? Trust me, I just think he's an idiot. Big difference.

I also don't understand why the Scott quote mystifies ypou. He's saying he always sees Brady struggle when Brady is pressured or hit. He ratcheted that quote up even more when he says "you learn a lot about a player when you hit him in the mouth."

There's nothing mystifying about this quote. Scott claims that Brady struggles under the blitz and has no heart.

Brady has 3 rings, all played under pressure, a lot of comebacks, and he completes 75% of his passes against teams who blitz. If you're going to blitz, Brady will burn you, even if he gets hit. He'll burn you.

The only argument that might be made is that Brady is all washed up at the age of 31. He hasn't looked good in his first two games. So if you're going to trash talk, say, "Brady is all washed up. He's done." Don't tell us that Brady has always been a coward who wilts under pressure, because that makes you look like a stupid idiot.

Well right now in the East even though its early,the Jets at this point ARE 'the man of the division'.

Like Rick Flair says "To be the man you have to beat the man" and if the Pats are to win the division they better show up in November in Foxboro to beat them this time instead of getting beaten down like they were on offense,The Pats offense and offensive line did not come to play 2 days ago.

I really don't think that's what the Flair quote refers to. 1 of 2 regular season games. When I hear that quote, I think of the Pistons getting through the Celtics, the Colts beating the Patriots in the AFCCG. Those teams went through their nemesis and won. That's what the quote refers to.

Nice cherry-picking.

He said Brady always struggles.

He clearly DOES NOT.

He essentially said Brady struggles when you hit him hard enough and often enough. That's pretty fair, since it's true for every non-mobile QB in the league.

I have no idea what you're talking about. You're making ****e up. Go on a bike ride.

Looks like you just want to have a fight, Mr. Anger and Disgust. I'd suggest you re-read if you're having problems understanding what I typed. If it still doesn't work, take a moment, breathe, get that blood pressure down, and then try thinking about what you're reading.

... and he completes 75% of his passes against teams who blitz. If you're going to blitz, Brady will burn you, even if he gets hit. He'll burn you.

Normally Brady is excellent against the blitz, but the Jets and the Giants have both shown that enough pressure reduces his effectiveness. And that's to be expected.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back