Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Bad Boston"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Jan 24, 2007.

1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,711 / 14 / -10

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

2. patsgo

patsgo Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

its real bad in this town the negative talk and writing is awful there arent many good ones Riess is good and Mike Lowe of the Portland Press in maine met both and both are claas acts and objective good writers the rest are trash eei sucks i listen to espn on xm

3. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wrote to WEEI once a couple of years ago, to complain about Ordway's disrespectful, rude and overbearing manner and the way he shouts down callers. I got a phone call (!) from the station manager who, rather than accepting that my point of view was representative of at least a portion of his potential market and thanking me for taking the time to share it with him, told me that Ordway was a "very good talk show host". It would be a waste of time to ask that station for anything. The only thing that will change things over there is to stop listening. Which I did. When their advertisers see falling ratings, the station will lose revenue and will either be forced to listen or will sell their broadcast license, leaving an opening for a sports talk show oriented to something greater than the lowest possible element.

4. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Did you expect them to tell you they agreed, and that your opinion was shared by the majority?

BTW, BostonDirtDogs is my homepage. :D

I don't agree with everything they say, but I think a lot of what they do say does get a bad rap. They (he) certainly doesn't hold anything back, and I credit Steve for that.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  5. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wrote to EEI once about the morning show's biggotted comments, lack of sports talk, and lack of general sports knowledge; and was told that I was the one who needed to change because the ratings were high and I was the problem, not the show.

This is the price we pay for success. As the teams succeed, the sports station's ratings increase as the interest by the casual fan is piqued and they tune in. Since the winter of 01, you have had a pretty good run here with the Celtics having a deep run in 02, the hype over the Pats in 02, the super bowl runs that followed, the sox world series (and a near miss), and then two deep playoff runs by the pats the last two years. If this were circa 1994 and things were not going well for any of the teams, ratings would be down.

6. SWelker

SWelker Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I use to think DirtDogs was a pretty funny site until that whole Pedro Campaign he put on last June, that was a pathetic display by Silva.

7. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I expected them listen respectfully, to thank me for taking the time to give them my opinion, and to weigh it along with other opinions in determining whether they were reaching the audience they want to reach.

8. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +94 / 8 / -1

I can't believe Dennis & Callahan are still on the air. How many times do they have to get suspended for racist comments before they get **** canned?

I like the Big Show, they are pretty funny ragging on each other, but these asses in the morning need to go.

9. oldskool138

oldskool138 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I feel exactly the opposite way. D&C are alright (except when they talk about their man-crush on Jack Baur :rolleyes: ).

I don't like Ordway or his crew because they spend too much time with "guest callers" who I suspect are on WEEI's payroll (i.e.- "Dakota" and Frank from Glouster). Besides the fact the Big O (I guess he got that nickname because his head looks like the number 0 or letter O) is a big-time shill for the Celts because he covered them once upon a time.

I really hate that guy who does the terribly un-funny bits and intros (you know, the guy who says "Yeah, bay-be!).

Bottom line, all the on-air personalities try to make themselves part of the Boston sports scene and then dump all over the fans for being optimistic "homers" (stupid term, IMO). And then turn around and say the town is too negative. Those guys have no idea how lucky they are to have the job that they do. They get to go to all the sporting events on their company's dime. Eat free (or at a reduced cost) food brought in by the team and get to rub shoulders with Boston sports icons, that you and I will never meet outside of a autograph signing. And the write about it...

Am I jealous? A little, but mostly because I feel that I can do a better job.

10. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Any obsession with 24 is healthy.

'Headlines' is a great segment.

Ordway isn't too bad, but some of the guests can be irritating.

Pete Gustin is hilarious.

petesbits.com

One reason why DeOssie annoys me. Whenever he and Ordway call Sheppard and Smerlas "homers" or "pom-pom wavers" for simply being optimistic, I cringe. It's like this forum at some times.

Some could.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007