PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying that Samuel is an average "NFL caliber" cornerback? OK, I guess we disagree on that.

That's not what I asserted. You have the same reading disability that several others here seem to have.

Last edited:
Not to take anything away from Samuel, but I could have intercepted that ball. Not hard to intercept a ball when the QB overthrows the receiver and it lands in your breadbasket when you are five yards behind the receiver.

Asante made a nice read and broke off his man to make that play. You guys still make it sound like Asante is the luckiest DB out there. LOL. Yeah, QBs just love throwing him the ball:rolleyes:

Kyle Eckel made a huge tackle on a late Eagles punt too. We are real idiots when it comes to letting these guys get away!

That's not what I asserted. You have the same reading disability that several others here seem to have.

You might find that you run across so many people with reading disabilities because you think and write so incoherently.

You have to be able to separate perception from reality. The reality is that Asante was given a gift wrapped INT by Tavarius Jackson last week and it sounds as though this one was a gimme as well. He's on a lucky streak when it comes to INTs.

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. No one gets lucky as much as he has INTs. The guy puts himself in position to make plays. So many people just refuse to give Asante credit on these boards because of blind homerism.

Asante is not the shut down cornerback which his salary warrants who can shut down the opposing no. 1 receiver. He is a very good cornerback who gambles to jump routes and makes interceptions that way. Unfortunately for the Pats he didn't make the interception when they needed it or couldn't be trusted to cover Burress one on one during the last series.

You might find that you run across so many people with reading disabilities because you think and write so incoherently.

Really?

Actually, we feel that it's ridiculous to make threads about wishing Samuel were still in New England based upon interceptions that any NFL caliber cornerback could come up with.

If you find that incoherent, your disability may be worse than originally thought.

I think what a lot of you who are saying the Pats couldn't have afforded Samuel are missing is that the Pats could have been proactive by locking him up to a long-term contract before his price got out of control. With other players, Warren most recently, they've managed to do that.

The Pats have a GREAT organization, guys. That doesn't mean they're perfect. Too many of you feel that any criticism is disloyal or something.

Don't you know man? Criticism is not allowed on these boards. We have 22 Pro Bowlers starting for our team:rolleyes:

Really?

Actually, we feel that it's ridiculous to make threads about wishing Samuel were still in New England based upon interceptions that any NFL caliber cornerback could come up with.

If you find that incoherent, your disability may be worse than originally thought.

OK, try to put on your little thinking cap now. The theme of this thread is that Samuel is a special player the Pats should have worked harder to retain. Your contribution was to say that Samuel's interceptions are those that "any NFL caliber cornerback" would come up with. If you feel that Samuel is a superior player, that's not really an intelligent thing to write, in that it's not really representative of your thoughts about the player. Do you understand now?

I see corners drop sure interceptions every week. It doesn't matter how he is doing it or how difficult it looks, he is doing his job. I expected to see the usual bitter suspects downplaying his play, and I was right.

+1.

(Ten characters).

OK, try to put on your little thinking cap now. The theme of this thread is that Samuel is a special player the Pats should have worked harder to retain. Your contribution was to say that Samuel's interceptions are those that "any NFL caliber cornerback" would come up with. If you feel that Samuel is a superior player, that's not really an intelligent thing to write, in that it's not really representative of your thoughts about the player. Do you understand now?

No, that was not my 'contribution'. Seriously, have you ever tried taking some remedial reading courses?

Here was the last line in your original post:

And seeing him return interceptions for tds week after week in playoff games is......not fun.

Now, the picks Samuel has made in this postseason have been picks that any NFL caliber player could make. It's one thing to bemoan the absence of Samuel, it's another to act as if the interceptions he has come up with this postseason are some sort of vindication for that complaint. This is especially true since you clearly can't be referring back to last year's Super Bowl and before, since his failure to catch an interception played a big part in the Patriots not getting a 4th Super Bowl victory.

Now, do YOU understand, or do I need to steer you towards your local library for some tutoring?

Samuel is a good player who is getting more money than he's worth in the opinion of many people here. You can disagree with that without pimping the guy for plays any JAG could make.

Last edited:
No, that was not my 'contribution'. Seriously, have you ever tried taking some remedial reading courses?

Now, the picks Samuel has made in this postseason have been picks that any NFL caliber player could make. It's one thing to bemoan the absence of Samuel, it's another to act as if the interceptions he has come up with this postseason are some sort of vindication for that complaint. This is especially true since you clearly can't be referring back to last year's Super Bowl and before, since his failure to catch an interception played a big part in the Patriots not getting a 4th Super Bowl victory.

Now, do YOU understand, or do I need to steer you towards your local library for some tutoring?

Samuel is a good player who is getting more money than he's worth in the opinion of many people here. You can disagree with that without pimping the guy for plays any JAG could make.

Actually, that was your contribution. The interceptions he's making don't exist in a vacuum.....they are representative of the fact that he is a superior cornerback. He's a playmaker. Saying this or that pick could have been made by another cornerback is a stupid point, but it's to be expected by a hysterical homer such as yourself.

... just INT'd Peyton's Little Brother and brought it back to the two. *sigh* :(

Eli couldn't even hit a barn door today.

Plaxico Burress' loss was HUGE, why? B/c he's a GAME-BREAKING 6"5 monster. He pretty much catches EVERYTHING Eli throws up. None of the other Giants' small receivers can get separation worth a darn.

Deus is right. Any reasonable corner makes the interceptions thrown Asante's way of the past 2 games. That said, he's been in position to make them and kudos to him.

NOW, for the socially inept unable to grasp a concept, here i is

1. For $57 million over 6 years is Asante worth that or
2. Keep the front 3 + depth lineman, possibly one of the best defensive lines in tact?

That's what the issue seems to be boiling down too. Personally I'd rather keep the D-Lineman as there was no way we could have forecast the injury decimation to the backfield this season.

I know I'd rather keep the D-Line together

Last edited:
Deus is right. Any reasonable corner makes the interceptions thrown Asante's way of the past 2 games. That said, he's been in position to make them and kudos to him.

NOW, for the socially inept unable to grasp a concept, here i is

1. For $57 million over 6 years is Asante worth that or
2. Keep the front 3 + depth lineman, possibly one of the best defensive lines in tact?

That's what the issue seems to be boiling down too. Personally I'd rather keep the D-Lineman as there was no way we could have forecast the injury decimation to the backfield this season.

I know I'd rather keep the D-Line together

Well, the "socially inept" phrase shows why you'd agree with "Deus." It manages to be both nasty and nonsensical. Well done.

You're missing the point. If the Pats had been more proactive with Samuel, they would likely have been able to lock him up to a deal before the huge numbers of free agency kicked in.

Actually, that was your contribution. The interceptions he's making don't exist in a vacuum.....they are representative of the fact that he is a superior cornerback. He's a playmaker. Saying this or that pick could have been made by another cornerback is a stupid point, but it's to be expected by a hysterical homer such as yourself.

I'm a homer because I think a former PATRIOT that I said last year was a good cornerback is getting pimped because of interceptions that any NFL receiver could make?

What I've said about Samuel:

...It's not that people suddenly think that Samuel sucks, it's that people saw him getting exposed as a bit overrated down the stretch. He doesn't have great recovery speed and he gambles a lot, which makes him succeptible to the pump fakes. He's not particularly physical and he seems to need more help over the top than Hobbs does. He's a good cornerback, but he's not a top 5 type of cornerback...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/78059-anyone-else-still-think-samuel-overrated.html#post804705

Yes, I'm just all about crushing the guy.:rolleyes:

Well, the "socially inept" phrase shows why you'd agree with "Deus." It manages to be both nasty and nonsensical. Well done.

You're missing the point. If the Pats had been more proactive with Samuel, they would likely have been able to lock him up to a deal before the huge numbers of free agency kicked in.

Could you show us the evidence that proves the Patriots did not try to be "more proactive"?

Nice for him to learn to catch Eli's passes now - a year too late.

That was a horrible throw though.

I was thinking the same thing...... Great, NOW you learn to catch Eli's ducks :rolleyes:

I'm a homer because I think a former PATRIOT that I said last year was a good cornerback is getting pimped because of interceptions that any NFL receiver could make?

What I've said about Samuel:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/78059-anyone-else-still-think-samuel-overrated.html#post804705

Yes, I'm just all about crushing the guy.:rolleyes:

The key word in your post is "former." The conversation is no longer about a Patriot player, but a former player and whether the organization did all it could to keep him. That's when the homer kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft