PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Asante...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needless to say I'm not going to comb through your 300,000 posts on this board, but the fact you're a homer is self-evident. You should really just embrace your homerism.

Look, I realize that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. That's become obvious. But can't you at least try to actually comprehend what's being written before you post your drivel? I posted a link to a comment I made about Samuel from when he was still on the team. Is reading and comprehending something that simple beyond you?

Last edited:
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. No one gets lucky as much as he has INTs. The guy puts himself in position to make plays. So many people just refuse to give Asante credit on these boards because of blind homerism.

My opinion has nothing to do with being a homer. Tavarious Jackson threw the damn ball right at him!

Look, I realize that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. That's become obvious. But can't you at least try to actually comprehend what's being written before you post your drivel? I posted a link to a comment I made about Samuel from when he was still on the team. Is reading and comprehending something that simple beyond you?

Woo-hoo! Boy, you're a bitter little fella, aren't you? OK, you're not a homer....your posts are all very objective and well thought-out. OK? Does that make you feel better? (None of that's true, but maybe it'll help you.) Now, go take your meds and lie down for awhile.

Woo-hoo! Boy, you're a bitter little fella, aren't you? OK, you're not a homer....your posts are all very objective and well thought-out. OK? Does that make you feel better? (None of that's true, but maybe it'll help you.) Now, go take your meds and lie down for awhile.

I'm not bitter. You made a claim about me. I refuted it with evidence that actually exists and wasn't just "feelings". You either ignored it because it undercuts some of the ridiculous assertions you've been making or your reading comprehension failed you once again.

Last edited:
Aluminium you realise by resorting to snide comments whatever objective posting credibility you may have raised during this discussion becomes null and void and Deus' argument stacks truer the more you attack on a personal level?

The best you could do is research in depth the topic at hand, make comment then debate necessary opinions.

When a poster starts attacking another, more often than not, they subconsciously realise they are losing the argument.

Aluminium you realise by resorting to snide comments whatever objective posting credibility you may have raised during this discussion becomes null and void and Deus' argument stacks truer the more you attack on a personal level?

The best you could do is research in depth the topic at hand, make comment then debate necessary opinions.

When a poster starts attacking another, more often than not, they subconsciously realise they are losing the argument.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. "Deus" has consistently and repeatedly made snide (and worse) comments about "reading ability," "ridiculous threads" etc. etc. etc. I know you agree with him on this point, but your point about snide comments misses the mark here.

1/11/2009 at 5:51 pm:
Why would I care about the word "former" when I'm evaluating a player? Try to get this through your head:

1.) I think Asante is a good corner, but not a top 5 corner, which is the kind of money he's getting. AmIAnnoying.com - USA Today's 20 Highest Paid NFL Players [November 6, 2008]

2.) I thought the same thing when he was on the Patriots...

1/11/2009 at 5:55 pm:

You would care about the word "former" because you're a homer, and when a player is a "former" Patriot you react to him differently...

1/11/2009 at 6:10 pm
What part of "I thought the same thing when he was on the Patriots." is so difficult for you to grasp? Are you genetically incapable of comprehending the English language?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/53749-adam-schefter-weei-page2.html#post394767

So much for the "homer" theory....

The post in that link...

4/6/2007

Why are people anointing Samuel as a top 5 cornerback when he's arguably not even the best CB on his own team? Some non-teammate examples follow:

Bailey
Barber
Clements
Hall
Jammer
Law
Mathis
McAlister

All the above players can make a fair argument that they are as good as, or better than, Samuel, and that's just a cursory glance up to the M's, where I stopped after McAlister made 10 examples (counting Hobbs). Yes, Ty Law and Ronde Barber are getting older, but does anyone really think that Peyton Manning fears Samuel more than either of them? And, for every one of the above that get knocked off in someone's opinion, there's another one to replace him. Terrence Newman, for example...

Samuel is not top 5 right now.

1/11/2009 at 6:45 pm
Needless to say I'm not going to comb through your 300,000 posts on this board, but the fact you're a homer is self-evident. You should really just embrace your homerism.

And you call my comments about your reading skills "snide"? I think I may have been giving them more credit than they deserve.

1/11/2009 at 5:51 pm:

1/11/2009 at 5:55 pm:

1/11/2009 at 6:10 pm

The post in that link...

4/6/2007

1/11/2009 at 6:45 pm

And you call my comments about your reading skills "snide"? I think I may have been giving them more credit than they deserve.

OK, let's see. You've taken the time to post on this internet message board going on seven thousand times. And you seem to feel that referencing a post or two out of those thousands might in some way invalidate calling you a homer? That's sad.

What is it with all these knee-jerk threads? Wanna know why the Eagles are in this position?

1) The Bucs choked against the RAIDERS at HOME.

2) The Bears choked against HOUSTON.

3) The Cowboys choked YET AGAIN in DECEMBER.

Don't be surprised if they layed an egg in Zona next week.

The Eagles are in this position because they took advantage of their opportunities. They were fortunate to get into the playoffs, but if they're as bad as you think they are, they would have lost to the Vikings, and definitely should have lost to the Giants.

Asante did what any other CB would have done. There was nothing magic or special about that particular play and, in fact, Manning threw another INT just like it to another defender. Manning's throws were off all game. Samuel was lucky to be in the right place at the right time in THAT PARTICULAR PLAY. Doesn't mean he hasn't made great plays on his own. Just not that one. The run back was all him.

Let's apply your logic to the QB position.

There is nothing special about Manning or Brady reading the defense and making the correct throw to the open man.

Rob, certain posters on this board (who shall remain nameless, P.S there are 2) seem to have a certain affinity with one particular ex Patriots player and are not willing to entertain the opinions of others or are eqully dismissive of logical and progressive argument.

Oh the irony..........:eek:

OK, let's see. You've taken the time to post on this internet message board going on seven thousand times. And you seem to feel that referencing a post or two out of those thousands might in some way invalidate calling you a homer? That's sad.

Ummm.... your comment:

You would care about the word "former" because you're a homer, and when a player is a "former" Patriot you react to him differently...

Again, reading comprehension. You should try it sometime.

Dude, in a message board littered with outspoken apologists, you stand out like an ugly fat chick in South Beach. We are not here to hurt your feelings so don't get offended.

dude, in a message board littered with outspoken apologists, you stand out like an ugly fat chick in south beach. We are not here to hurt your feelings so don't get offended.

lol........:d

LOL. Talk about selective reading. Have you read any of Deus's posts? This is so funny. No one circles the wagon like the homer apologists!:D

LOL. Talk about selective reading. Have you read any of Deus's posts? This is so funny. No one circles the wagon like the homer apologists!:D
Talk about trying to detract from the argument you two are clearly losing.

Deus has pulled past commentary to support argumentative claims and the best yourself and aluminium can do is call others "homers"? You can't even give the man credit for having an opinion then backing it up? Dismal fail in my books.

The Eagles are in this position because they took advantage of their opportunities. They were fortunate to get into the playoffs, but if they're as bad as you think they are, they would have lost to the Vikings, and definitely should have lost to the Giants.

I didn't say they were bad-but nonetheless, they have to feel very fortunate all the dominos fell their well.

I can't remember the last time a team backed into the playoffs like this.

BTW-Arizona was pretty lucky too-they're in a division with the lowly Niners/Hawks/Rams(there were 2 games against the Niners and Hawks in Nov they should have lost). But nonetheless, you have to tip your hat to this team for coming on strong in the playoffs as well.

Honestly-I AM enjoying this year's playoffs immensely b/c the Final 4 sans Pitt is filled with lower seeds. All the higher seeds really stunk it up, while the lower ones just rose to the occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back