PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is up with asante samuel?

He is salty cause Bill did not give him the contract he wanted and lowballed him.

39e793d13ad73c47403e34321d4564ab.jpg

He’s craving attention.

He is salty cause Bill did not give him the contract he wanted and lowballed him.
It's the opposite. He wanted out from the Pats after 2006 and was pissed Bill tagged him. He thought Bill was purposely holding him back during his time in NE so he couldn't get paid.

Asante seems to think it's a good time to go after Bill. As long as Bill keeps having seasons like he has without Tom, it will continue. He also hopes others will join in, but it hasn't happened.

He even ended up getting a bigger contract from the eagles In the 2008 off season.. so I'm wondering what his actual gripe is.. BB never cost him anything.. he cost the team probably the most important Lombardi in NFL history..

This was in Doug Kyed's article in the Boston Herald today: "Gonzalez is absolutely correct. There’s an impressive list of defensive backs who have thrived in New England under Belichick from McCourty to Ty Law, Darrelle Revis, Stephon Gilmore, Malcolm Butler, JC Jackson, Rodney Harrison, Patrick Chung, Jonathan Jones and many others."

It's really simple. Asante was a very good CB, who seemed to get too caught up in creating a brand for himself and comparing himself with the greats (the ghost of Ty Law). He got ****y (and lazy) and missed the most important "easy INT" of his life and wasn't resigned after that. So, he's had a vendetta against BB since. He should be eternally grateful to have 2 SB rings when he was an NFL infant, rather than spurning the Pats every chance he can.

He wasn’t wrong though.

My bad if it's been brought up before I was legit just wondering if I missed something. It's weird at this point

Judon responds when Assante tweets about his contract situation.

Probably angling to get a job in sports media saying provocative things. Not sure if he has one already, although the more he does it, the more likely he lands on a more prominent show with higher pay.

I liked Eugene Wilson better, both were drafted the same year. Actually met Asante a few years back at a Fort Lauderdale restaurant and said hello. When he realized I was from New England by my accent he offered to sign a menu like he was doing me a favor. I politely declined and wished him well.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back