PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Article] Should BB and BK trade Zappe?

If someone offered a great trade offer, they should consider it. They shouldn’t be shopping him at this point though.

There are still several good QBs who can be solid back ups in free agency like Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, and Matt Ryan. So if they were to get a can’t refuse offer, they could get a solid back up.

If someone offered a great trade offer, they should consider it. They shouldn’t be shopping him at this point though.

There are still several good QBs who can be solid back ups in free agency like Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, and Matt Ryan. So if they were to get a can’t refuse offer, they could get a solid back up.
Please none of those guys. Maybe Matt Ryan if there was no other option.

Zappe's market value will soar if he is perceived to do well in the preseason, but with all the remaining questions about Mac it would be foolish to trade him unless and until Mac proves out and we find another backup.

Imagine Mac doesn’t take that next step and Zappe does with another team?
Bill wouldn’t survive that move.
Same is probably true vice versa if it’s Mac that gets traded and is great with his new team.

IMO a Zappe trade wouldn’t fetch a lot right now in return. The right time to trade him if the team wanted to was after the Cleveland game and it didn’t happen.

Same is probably true vice versa if it’s Mac that gets traded and is great with his new team.

IMO a Zappe trade wouldn’t fetch a lot right now in return. The right time to trade him if the team wanted to was after the Cleveland game and it didn’t happen.

The time to trade him is after 2023 and 2024 preseason (assuming he does well - I think he will) when we have another #2 lined up to step in.

Zappe appears to be a capable back up with some potential.. but I don't see any value in trading him now.
McSorley won't be here long, he stinks, he's an extra arm in camp.
I'd like to think Cunningham could make it to the PS but all it takes is 1 team to like his talent. Maybe he sticks on the roster as a WR/QB?

I consider Zappe one of the better backups in the League. SI recently ranked him #15, but there are probably 5 guys ahead of him on that list who I feel aren't as good as he is.

If some team wanted to overpay for him - perhaps with the intent of having him compete for the #1 job - then I'd have no problem moving him. Get back to me when that happens though.

So the jury have come in on Mac?? I thought they were still Deliberating. :rolleyes:

Please none of those guys. Maybe Matt Ryan if there was no other option.

We are talking a back up QB. Any of those guys are at least serviceable as back up QBs. We are not talking about them to start.

But no one is likely going to offer enough value for the Pats to trade Zappe. If they were going to, they would have already.

But no one is likely going to offer enough value for the Pats to trade Zappe. If they were going to, they would have already.
I agree, and I don’t see how they could, barring an insane offer and even then. You need a viable back up to keep pace in this league and they’re fortunate to have a pretty good one who costs them little and he’s still got several years left on his rookie deal. Bill would preach patience, and rightly so.

I get it, that article did exactly what it was intended - it created a discussion. But with so much at stake this year, it doesn’t make any sense to move him with no better option in place.

Would definitely be something I’d be nervous about doing. Especially not until we see if Jones rebounds and looks more like the 2021 version of himself.

Trade him for what, he's not worth anything

Whats Hoyer doing?

If you asked your sister she would tell you he signed with the Raiders a while back. But first she probably would insist you finish the chores you've been putting off.

What an idea. let's make Jones feel better and when he is injured, we can just forfeit the season. NOT!
It would send a clear message that the team is all in.

Zappe is at least a capable back up QB on a very affordable rookie contract. I see no logic in trying to trade him especially considering how little he would garner in return.

“Patriots Urged to Trade Promising Quarterback”

I wouldn’t blame anyone if they stopped reading after this title.

“As the old saying goes, if you have two quarterbacks, you don’t truly have one,”

So by trading one of them will mean you now have a QB? Probably the most idiotic cliche in football.
Came here to say the same thing. In addition to that, he’s talking about Pats trading him to a team that needs a quality backup qb? Say whaaat? How does that make any sense? Are you even reading what you wrote my guy?! :poop: :haha:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back