Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade for Trey Lance?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree. And I am 44 so for the dudes older than I that can give some context....and I understand the coverage/information available at the time was far different....was the knock on Flutie in 88 the batted balls or just simply the height without explanation?

Thing about Flutie in 88 is that linemen weren’t 6’8”.

Shanahan: Hey John, just play it cool. Start with a 5th and maybe we can get a 6th.
Lynch: Shut up. I'm not dumb, jeez. Ok it's ringing, hush... Hey Jerrah! How'd you like a franchise altering QB for a sev---
Jones: Don't F*** with me Lynch. I set the terms here. I'd do a 4th for Lance.
Lynch: ...
Shannahan: ...
Schefter: BREAKING NEWS

I’d be happy with a few 4th quarter 2 minute drives for the win.
I'd be happy with some late game drives to even put us in FG position for a win or 2.. Doesn’t even have to be a TD pass.

After you read the above link.......explain why Pats would not take a shot at this player with a 4th rounder given that they currently have one of the weakest qb rooms in the NFL
BB used to be a forward thinker...not so much since Brady left.

Last edited:
The 49ers packaged 3 first round picks to move up for Trey Lance. They End up dealing him away for a 4th round pick.

What an Epic BRAINFART!

OOF El BUSTO!! Turns out they like 7th round pick Purdy better than Lance!!

49ers deserve to get ROASTED for that move!

Dak Prescott has as many playoff wins in 7 years as the QB of the Cowboys as Brock Purdy does in his first year which is two.

And some wonder why NFL contracts have gotten as outrageous as they have. When you pay guys that haven’t done much it wrecks the market.

Last edited:
The 49ers packaged 3 first round picks to move up for Trey Lance. They End up dealing him away for a 4th round pick.
....and they only expected to get a conditional 6th but in came Jerry.

So the 49ers used three first round picks in 2021 to get get a fourth round pick in 2024. Lynch and Shanahan are playing chess while the rest of the league are playing checkers.
If BB traded three first round picks for a QB and traded him for a fourth, Patsfans.com would implode. Just another example of how the NFL draft in an inexact science.

If BB traded three first round picks for a QB and traded him for a fourth, Patsfans.com would implode. Just another example of how the NFL draft in an inexact science.
I agree. Having said that : I remember at the time thinking that SF was idiotic for giving up that much for an unproven dude who hardly played even in college.

I agree. Having said that : I remember at the time thinking that SF was idiotic for giving up that much for an unproven dude who hardly played even in college.
You certainly were not alone in that evaluation

Show shows how foolish it is to pander to fan opinion.

212 posts …Jesus. And I actually read them. Epic fail.

I just don’t think Lance is the answer….except for possibly the Jete.

Last edited:
I Believe Mac Jones could be emulated into a Matt Ryan type under Shanahan, as speculated at the time of the draft, I think he was convinced into buy this idea that Lance could become some Kaepernick Mahomes type. Well nothing he did in college supported that idea.

He needed a ton of development and getting injured is not how you're gonna achieve that, and SF had a solid QB in Garoppolo but in a denial process inside the organization.

I hope someone smart gave advice to Lance after the 2nd season ending injury to save every penny he made still available from that first contract because chances are is the only money he will see in the NFL.

As an owner of the franchise how do you not burn the whole front office and staff to the ground. You could be going on a Brady farewell tour coming off 2-3 championships instead you traded 3 first round picks for a 4th round pick absolutely absurd
I keep making this argument to my 49ers fan buddy. Imagine the team you could have surrounded Brady with by using those three 1sts on players. And Brady is probably still playing right now. I think Shanahan just didn't want anyone but him getting the credit for a Superbowl he seemed confident he'd win. That guy always rubbed me the wrong way.

Nothing I've read convinces me they even knew what they were going to do with that pick before they acquired it.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back