PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are You Scared Of The Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The regular season is now behind the Pats...

They will start this at 0-0 for each game of the playoffs and will focus on winning one play, one quarter, one game at a time... Before you know it, they'll be at 19-0

Sure, the AFC Championship game will be tough, probably very close... It may come down to a last minute game winning drive from TB in a clutch kind of situation. But that's what we've all come to expect from this team.

Once they are in the SB, there will be no stopping history.. Dallas or GB will not pose much of a problem.

Last edited:
Concerned ... but not scared.

In 04, I thought "how can we posibly stop all these offensive weapons." But the Pats did. If it does bad this year, I suspect it will be more because of Indy defense.

I am not convinced that home field means a lot to the Pats, but I think it does mean a lot to the Colts -- the noise allows the DLs to get an early jump and limits the ability to audible. So I think it's a bigger deal that we are not in Indy than it is that we are in NE.

Addai? Nope. Not scared. Maroney's been better the last few weeks. If you buy into the lore that the Pats can't run the ball and that we'll struggle playing at home in the weather we've made a living winning championships in, then I can see how you'd be scared.

We beat them in their dome, with everything going their way and 150 some yards in penalties against us. I'm not scared of anyone else.

I agree Karran, especially about the AFC Champ. Game coming down to the wire, I guess that's why I was a little nervous, if the ball bounces a certain way or a call gets blown the game could be adversely effected.

I would prefer playing GB in Super Bowl, as handily as we ended up whipping Dallas I think we'd seriously own the Packers.

Afraid of the Colts?
Afraid of the Colts!
Afraid of the COLTS!

EQUUS!!

Not scared, looking for a beat down.
First of all there will be no Marvin Harrison. He is done and done! You heard it hear first.
Secondly, still no Freeney- I think he is a one trick pony that we have his number on anyway. Won't be a threat even if he did play.
Thirdly, that team is a shell of what it once was due to injuries.
Lastly, the Colts have to get to the AFCCG. Why have you put them in that game already?

I'm more afraid of the officiating during a Pats-Colts game than I am of the Colts themselves.

Thanks. You beat me to it.

The Colts cheat on every play, and will continue to do so until the refs get their heads out of their ass and start assigning penalties in a more even handed manner. They hold our D-Line on every snap, they spear us with their helmets, hit our players late on the ground, and pass interfere.

We will get several fake penalties, including a long pass interference where our DB gets tackled, and the Colts will not get more than a couple penalties the whole game.

Take that aspect away and the Colts would have beat us exactly one time so far in the Brady era, and I am not talking about the championship game.

It's good to focus on one game at a time, if the players didn't follow that mentality it chances are they would've overlooked someone and got a loss or two.

As fans though I think, with so few games left to end the year, we can start being realistic and looking through the competition and assume we won't overlook anyone. If that's the case, the Colts are our biggest threat. Jags are great but inexperienced in playoffs. And no one else worries me including the entire NFC.

Dallas is the biggest threat to the Patriots. Since you are a Colts fan, I doubt the Colts is your biggest threat.

Boys, I don't want to admit it, but I'm scared like a yellow-belly coward that they'll come in our house, spread us out, and work us.

This man be the deciding factor in it all...

img9830738.jpg

-Wayne
-Harrison
-Gonzalez
-Clark
-Addai

Let's be honest, there's a chance our dream ends at 17-0.

I read some of the posts, and it's like some guys really believe we're going to cruise to 19-0. That AFC Championship game is a 3pt game either way. :(
Troll ....... leave!

Agreed. I think the officials that end up doing the Pats-Colts game (Hoculi , please) will be well aware of the previous games miscues.

Well, a true professional wouldn't let other games affect how they call a game. They should just call'em like they see'em.

Since you are a Colts fan, I doubt the Colts is your biggest threat.
Yawns. And if I made this thread about the Jags being a threat, I'd be a Jags fan too. Nice logic. I think some of us are so used to winning that it actually registers a red flag if someone acknowledges the fact that we're beatable.

The Colts pose a very realistic threat, and I think the thought of losing scares every Pats fan, whether they admit it or not. So it's only natural to have a little anxiety should we meet them again. Of course I still believe we'll beat them, but I think it'll be a close game, possibly even a last drive wins type of game.

I love these post, Are you worried about the Colts, Jags etc... Last I checked the Pats have passed every test given to them and won just about every type of game. If anything the games they struggled in made the more battle ready. Is there anyone who believes that the other teams can't wait to play the Patriots, not the delusional fans but the players and coaches know what lies ahead. On top of all that we are talking about the most successful franchise, regular season and playoff, this decade. As a fan I hope they play and beat the highest seed possible in each round which would end all future debates about who was the greatest team

Yawns. And if I made this thread about the Jags being a threat, I'd be a Jags fan too. Nice logic. I think some of us are so used to winning that it actually registers a red flag if someone acknowledges the fact that we're beatable.

The Colts pose a very realistic threat, and I think the thought of losing scares every Pats fan, whether they admit it or not. So it's only natural to have a little anxiety should we meet them again. Of course I still believe we'll beat them, but I think it'll be a close game, possibly even a last drive wins type of game.

Do you have any other snazzy pictures of your scary team to post for us?

Ah yes, when someone actually expresses a voice of doubt during our magical season they are not a true fan. This argument seems to apply all over for Pats fans.

Come back to reality. We had a perfect regular season, we're not perfect, we still make mistakes, and we'll face a pretty big challenge if we take care of business in our divisional round. I'm being realistic, the promise land is not guaranteed, we have reason to worry a bit.

I can smell the fear in your post. Fear is the ultimate cave in to your opponent. Bring them on, we can play with anyone in the league. Could we get beat? Sure there is always that possibility, but by thinking that way, you give undeserved power to your opponent, which can be difficult to overcome.

I'm glad we got home field advantage.

What I'm nervous about is not so much the game itself but what the recent football landscape looks like if the Colts were to win and go on to win the super bowl.

All of the sudden, the two teams recent history starts to look a lot more similar than different. Patriots' success in the last several years has, at times, been at the expense of the Colts. The Colts could get an awful lot of that reversed in one swoop. Three is still better than two, but the Colts' two would be more recent, and they would have beaten a team that many thought unbeatable. Talk of "Manning's greatest season ever" will be in full bloom, and become as much of, if not more of, a story than Brady's year.

Bottom line is that if these two teams play each other, there will be a ton on the line. Patriots will be playing to essentially decisively end the debate and to put the Colts deep in the rearview mirror. Colts will be playing to narrow the gap considerably between the two franchises in the 21st Century. It also would be a very painful blow. Our team went out in the off season to put itself in position to win that game. So far, mission one -- getting the game on our turf this time -- accomplished. But anything can happen in 60 minutes of football. And it's not like our first round game will be a cakewalk either.

It would be an enormous game with an awful lot at stake.

Last edited:
Boys, I don't want to admit it, but I'm scared like a yellow-belly coward that they'll come in our house, spread us out, and work us.

This man be the deciding factor in it all...

img9830738.jpg

-Wayne
-Harrison
-Gonzalez
-Clark
-Addai

Let's be honest, there's a chance our dream ends at 17-0.

I read some of the posts, and it's like some guys really believe we're going to cruise to 19-0. That AFC Championship game is a 3pt game either way. :(

Colts are designed for a domed fast track. Their pass rush was effective for the first half in their house then they tired out. Pats win big.

Ah yes, when someone actually expresses a voice of doubt during our magical season they are not a true fan. This argument seems to apply all over for Pats fans.

Come back to reality. We had a perfect regular season, we're not perfect, we still make mistakes, and we'll face a pretty big challenge if we take care of business in our divisional round. I'm being realistic, the promise land is not guaranteed, we have reason to worry a bit.

Why are you talking like you're a Patriots fan when you're a Colts fan? Grow up & stop acting stupid. You actually had a pic of Addai on your first post you idiot:rolleyes:

Either stop pretending to be a fan of the greatest team of all time, (the Patriots) or leave this board.

I thought I told you to stop pretending to be Patriots fan. It is a FACT you're a colts fan you punk...seriously, you really need to grow up. Are you still in high school or what?

Here's the net/net of this debate. Patriots fans are no more worried about the Colts than Colts fans are worried about the Patriots. Now this too is a fact whether you choose to believe it or not. But I can tell you this, the team EVERY other playoff team is most worried about is the Patriots....another FACT.

Last edited:
That's why I think the NFL is a little rigged sometimes. Maybe some people get paid off, I don't know.

But in the 4th quarter, before the Colts were penalized twice, we had already had 10 penalties to their two, and racked up nearly 150yds of penalties, which is a record in Patriots history.

It was clear and evident that something was going on, that we were battling someone else aside from the Colts that night. Part of me thinks the NFL didn't want the game to be a blowout, knowing how highly viewed it would be and the implications it could have in January, part of me thinks Polian paid off a first year referee.

What happened to you pic of Addai and your list of Colts players you had as your signature?:D

You only wish & dream you were a Patriots fan kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft