PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are You Scared Of The Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the same with me. I think Polian has pictures of most of the refs in the league, doing funny things with barnyard animals. I can't prove it, but I think this is so.
cheers.gif

You are not alone in thinking this.

He's a troll, as his history here and on at least one other Patriots forum shows. As to whether or not he's a Colts fan, I just don't know.

He needs to grow up...:rolleyes: The damn coward!:D

Ah yes, when someone actually expresses a voice of doubt during our magical season they are not a true fan. This argument seems to apply all over for Pats fans.

Come back to reality. We had a perfect regular season, we're not perfect, we still make mistakes, and we'll face a pretty big challenge if we take care of business in our divisional round. I'm being realistic, the promise land is not guaranteed, we have reason to worry a bit.

Look, I don't know if you're a troll or not, but for the love of all things just please do NOT say WE! You're not on the team! This drives me crazy, you did it in several of your posts but none more egregiously than this. (By the way, if I were a troll I think a way I might try to hide it is by using the term "we" repeatedly.)

I'm nervous about all of the playoffs, but the guys have proved that this is a special year! Let's just sit back and hope we are enjoying quality Pat Football and wins!!!!

Bring on those COLTS!!
cheers.gif

I'm nervous too. Nothing would pleasure me more than watching us embarrass Indy and send them packing, but it will probably be 38-31 type of game. Hopefully Dungy being so conservative and resting them so soon backfires and they're eliminated in the divisional. :D

Jags fan here, as well as first time poster.

Let me start out by saying I find it funny you guys are already discussing a Pats/Colts AFCC game. First of all, the Colts are going to have to beat a team they already lost to this year to even get there. I for one think a 2 week break is going to hurt the Colts, and the Chargers have a pretty good shot at knocking them off.

In a perfect world, the Titans would knock the Chargers off, and come in and beat the Colts. The sheer irony of the Colts letting them into the playoffs, and getting beat by them would make my entire season, even if the Jags lost to the Steelers! Granted the Titans will never beat the Chargers, one can still dream...

Now onto a potential Jags/Pats match up. I think the home field advantage for you guys could actually end up being more of an advantage to the Jaguars instead of you guys. We all know the Pats try to take away what a team does best, so obviously trying to stop our run game will be your number one priority. Even putting 8 in the box doesn't guarantee this.

I am not going to sit here and be a homer and act like our defense can shut down Brady. If the weather is bad, and it is snowing, we definetly have a much better chance of this.

In closing, I think this game is going to be much better than you guys probably think. Worst case, we soften up your geriatric linebackers for the Colts or Chargers :)

Congrats on your season!

Let me start out by saying I find it funny you guys are already discussing a Pats/Colts AFCC game. First of all, the Colts are going to have to beat a team they already lost to this year to even get there. I for one think a 2 week break is going to hurt the Colts, and the Chargers have a pretty good shot at knocking them off.
cheers.gif

I have all the respect in the world for the Jaguars. They are the real deal. I'm not sure that they'll go into Pittsburgh again though and dominate how they did. LaBeau should make some adjustments to keep the bleeding down...

Definitely didn't see you guys winning 11 games, congrats and welcome!

I think the home field advantage for you guys could actually end up being more of an advantage to the Jaguars instead of you guys.

Can you provide me a history of Jacksonville's cold weather games in the last few years under Del Rio? I'm serious. I know of only 2 - the playoff game 2 years ago and the Jags game in Pittsburgh.

I would like some reasoning behind the claim that a Florida team is better for the elements than a team from Massachusetts.

I think the game a few weeks ago in Pittsburgh is a better reference than 2 years ago.

Cold weather and snow would slow down your passing attack, just like it did against the Ravens. This provides the Jags with the best chance to win the game.

You don't agree with this?

I'm going to apply this logic in reverse - if the Pats had to come to Jacksonville, would you agree that the Pats would have more of an advantage than the Jaguars in their stadium simply playing in warmer weather?

Last edited:
Now onto a potential Jags/Pats match up. I think the home field advantage for you guys could actually end up being more of an advantage to the Jaguars instead of you guys. We all know the Pats try to take away what a team does best, so obviously trying to stop our run game will be your number one priority. Even putting 8 in the box doesn't guarantee this.

I am not going to sit here and be a homer and act like our defense can shut down Brady. If the weather is bad, and it is snowing, we definetly have a much better chance of this.

Not to rain on the parade, but Brady likes playing in the snow. It's rain and wind that messes the passing game up. The Patriots always improve as the winter weather worsens, and are a completely different monster in the playoffs. Brady's made a living off of a passing game in Gillette in January with a mediocre receiver corps. Imagine what this offense is capable of in a true playoff atmosphere.

If the Pats offense can get the aerial game in rhythm, no amount of ground game is going to keep up. If I were you, I'd be seriously concerned with how well your passing game is going to do once Belichick finds a way to contain your ground game. And make no mistake about it, he will.

Cold weather and snow would slow down your passing attack, just like it did against the Ravens.

No, an almost fully healthy Ravens defense playing their hearts out in memory of Sean Taylor at M&T Stadium is what slowed down the Patriots passing attack.

I was there. The wind wasn't that bad. Keep in mind, that defense that Baltimore had was, minus Adalius Thomas, the same defense that held the Colts to no touchdowns in last year's playoffs.

In a perfect world, the Titans would knock the Chargers off, and come in and beat the Colts. The sheer irony of the Colts letting them into the playoffs, and getting beat by them would make my entire season, even if the Jags lost to the Steelers! Granted the Titans will never beat the Chargers, one can still dream...

In closing, I think this game is going to be much better than you guys probably think. Worst case, we soften up your geriatric linebackers for the Colts or Chargers :)

Congrats on your season!

Don't believe the substantial media hype about your team. You beat a Steelers team, decimated by injury, by 7 points. You've lost to the Colts twice. We annihilated the Steelers. We beat the Colts, at their house, with 150 yards of penalty yardage against us. We beat you last year when you were playing for your playoff lives, when your team was the same as this year (except now you don't have Marcus Stroud), and our team was nowhere near as good as is this year. The only team that has a decent chance of beating us is the Colts. The media is just looking to stir things up.

If the Jaguars have a chance in the game, in my mind it's not due to the weather. They have a phenomenal running game and a quarterback that makes few mistakes. That's what, as a Jags fan, you should hang your hat on. Because believing the weather will give them an edge or better chance to win the game isn't really accurate IMO.

The Colts are a good team, but then so are we.

Bottom line, either team could win. But, that's life. This year though, they have to come to our house. And that puts a smile on my face. Advantage, Pats.

Now in deference to other teams such as the Jags posting here, you have as much right to be in the playoffs as anyone. So, if you play well, who knows?? But I see a Pats/Colts AFC Championship game. If someone knocks out the Colts, well, make my day.

In the SB, I don't see any NFC team beating an AFC team that makes it.

So, let the games begin. It will be fun.

Well, that is why we play the game. Your defense is highly over rated, and you have a hard time stopping the run. We are probably the best running team you will have seen all year. You guys can sit their and act holier than thou, but if your suspect run defense doesn't make you at least a little bit nervous (especially in bad weather conditions), then you are either lying, or just delusional.

Your whole argument is predicated on the notion that the Patriots can't pass in winter weather. Obviously you have not followed this team for very long at all.

Take this to heart: If the Patriots passing game is in full gear -- and there is no reason to assume it won't be -- you can run on our defense all day and never keep up.

Well, that is why we play the game. Your defense is highly over rated, and you have a hard time stopping the run. We are probably the best running team you will have seen all year. You guys can sit their and act holier than thou, but if your suspect run defense doesn't make you at least a little bit nervous (especially in bad weather conditions), then you are either lying, or just delusional.

You will see a Patriots defense that will stop your run game...I guarantee you that. We're going to force you try to win with your passing game.

Good luck.

I think this Colts team - with a healthy Freeney - would have been historically great.

ie a SB favorite in any other year. what went wrong is their timing and the Freeney injur

still, I think we beat them about 6/10 times, it's not near the lock some people think.

they have a great defense, a great QB, and a couple great recievers. they are weak on ST.

You will see a Patriots defense that will stop your run game...I guarantee you that. We're going to force you try to win with your passing game.

Good luck.

lol at forcing the Colts to throw. after the Pats, that's the one team you DONT want throwing.

lol at forcing the Colts to throw. after the Pats, that's the one team you DONT want throwing.

Why on earth would you say something like this after the game earlier this season? With everything going in the Colts favor, that passing game put up a whopping 20 points, and 7 of those were on that fluke dump pass to Addai at the end of the half. Without them, that offense we DON'T want throwing put up 13 points at home. In the dome. As the beneficiary of a slew of brutal calls.

The Colts have a good offense, but laughing at someone's post after the first meeting between these two teams this season seems a bit silly. Manning is 7-6 in the playoffs and has a history of gas-piping in the big games. As a matter of fact, Ty Law is seemingly his favorite receiver in the playoffs.

passing game put up a whopping 20 points, and 7 of those were on that fluke dump pass to Addai at the end of the half.

I thought he made a play. As much as it hurt, it was just a good play in the NFL.

If Maroney had made that play, we'd have been all too happy to call it a great play.

Pats and Colts game will be an intertesting one and I would like to see it.

1- We need to get our vengence from last year.
2- healthy Colts will be defeated by healthy Pats. I'm tired of hearing how good healthy Colts is.

BB has 10 days to prepare his team for the next game. I hope that our O and D will play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back