PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are You Scared Of The Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a healthy amount of respect for the Colts.

And I am nervous before every game, especially in the playoffs.

But "fear" is not nearly the right word. The right word is more like "bring-'em-on,-d-bag".

And I am nervous before every game, especially in the playoffs.

But "fear" is not nearly the right word. The right word is more like "bring-'em-on,-d-bag".

I am the same way. I am pumped up for our next game, I hope it's Jacksonville so we can out-physical them. We've got another blowout left to start 2008.
cheers.gif

The colts have managed to put a good defense and running game on the field. The deserve utmost respect.

Face it, they are a top organization and are playing well despite injuries.

I'm nervous about all of the playoffs, but the guys have proved that this is a special year! Let's just sit back and hope we are enjoying quality Pat Football and wins!!!!

Bring on those COLTS!!

I expect Adalius Thomas being on the field this time around will help out. I also think the Pats are going to present a substantially different look to the opposition in the playoffs. The way the Pats play the Colts in the regular season is rarely indicative of how they play them in the post-season, in terms of game plan and approach. Dungy himself has said as much.

With far fewer penalties due to horrifically biased officiating (fingers crossed), home-field advantage, more experience in high-intensity games this season, key Colts injuries (Freeney) and Belichick opening up the playbook, I think the Pats will have this one in the bag, to be honest.

In short, Indy is usually a serious threat and can go toe-to-toe with the Pats on any give Sunday. But this year we're looking at a perfect storm in the Pats favor and I don't see that changing.

I expect Adalius Thomas being on the field this time around will help out. I also think the Pats are going to present a substantially different look to the opposition in the playoffs. The way the Pats play the Colts in the regular season is rarely indicative of how they play them in the post-season, in terms of game plan and approach. Dungy himself has said as much.

With far fewer penalties due to horrifically biased officiating (fingers crossed), home-field advantage, more experience in high-intensity games this season, key Colts injuries (Freeney) and Belichick opening up the playbook, I think the Pats will have this one in the bag, to be honest.

In short, Indy is usually a serious threat and can go toe-to-toe with the Pats on any give Sunday. But this year we're looking at a perfect storm in the Pats favor and I don't see that changing.
Excellent post.

I am also crossing my fingers that a top of the line, most experienced officiating crew will be assigned the game and call it fairly. I'm not someone who wants to get all the calls, like if anyone has ever watched a Cowboy game knows, they seriously get calls... I just want a fair shake.

A win is a win, I just hope for some cushion so it's not a nail-biter. A decisive, maybe 10pt win would be awesome.

Of course the Colts provide our biggest obstacle to 19 & 0..

WHY

would

Brady
Moss
Welker
Stallworth
Watson
Maroney

be scared of

-Manning ( funny you did include him ... I will for you)
-Wayne
-Harrison
-Gonzalez
-Clark
-Addai

IN OUR HOUSE ? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The only thing that bothers me is, when we played them in Indy they had 5 starters out with Harrison being the most dangerous out.

Even when he was healthy, Harrison wasn't the Colts #1 receiver this year. Reggie Wayne is their #1 WR now. And let's be realistic, Harrison isn't TO, sitting at home in his own personal hyperbaric chamber that he bought for $20k. He's just a very talented WR and one who was in his twilight before this injury, which he has been told might persist for the remainder of his career.

I do believe we would have stumbled and lost that game had harrison been in simply because he draws double coverage away from our secondary which would have surely taken them to a victory.

It's possible, but as I said, Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark have more than picked up the slack for the Colts' passing attack. Something else to keep in mind is that if Harrison were active and a difference maker, then the game would turn into a shootout like last year's AFCCG. The type of shootout Belichick and Pioli seemed to specifically build this offense for.

Dungy has been sandbagging his best starters

There's a delicate balance between resting starters and keeping them sharp. Dungy has been forced to do the former and largely at the expense of the latter. That will hurt the Colts more than help.

if our weather is terrible, windy, snowy and so on...You all can forget our deep passing game (which BTW brought us here in the first place)

The threat of Moss and the deep ball helped get us here. Brady's ability to always find the open receiver, keep him out of harms way and use the short passing game in support or replacement of the running game is what has carried us here.

More importantly, Tom has more experience and more comfort playing in bad, New England weather. And that includes his ability to run a strong passing game. Keep in mind, the Patriots will have been practicing in this weather for weeks and played in one playoff game in it already. The Colts will have been in their dome for weeks before heading up to Gillette. It's a pretty substantial difference.

and then it would be up to both team's running plays and quick outs for one to be the victor and in this case the Colts do have a slight edge.

I don't buy this argument anymore. Maroney has proven to all but the most squirrelly of the Chicken Little bunch that he can run the ball when he's called upon to do it.

Plus, you also have to factor in Manning's no-huddle offense running all the time.

This is a weakness for his offense on the road.

If you all remember last year in the dome, our boys were flat out winded on the sidelines with trainers rubbing cramps out of their legs.

Road game. After a previous road game in San Diego. Dome heat. Defense had the flu. Defense was missing several key starters. We still nearly won that game. Not comparable at all.

Like I said. if weather shuts down our passing attack then the Colts have the edge.

You haven't in any way proven this.

We just have to hope for 'Lucky Breaks'...AKA, TURNOVERS!

Brady has one of the (if not the) lowest interception rates in playoff history. Manning does not. The defense can pressure Peyton and force fumbles. They proved that this year. Peyton tends to implode in the playoffs, even last year. Brady does not.

Boys, I don't want to admit it, but I'm scared like a yellow-belly coward that they'll come in our house, spread us out, and work us.

This man be the deciding factor in it all...

img9830738.jpg

-Wayne
-Harrison
-Gonzalez
-Clark
-Addai

Let's be honest, there's a chance our dream ends at 17-0.

I read some of the posts, and it's like some guys really believe we're going to cruise to 19-0. That AFC Championship game is a 3pt game either way. :(

I basically subscribe to the same line of thinking as Reiss - the Colts are pretty much on our level, and very well could come in and beat us. I think we're better, but the margin is slim. We'll have to play a great game to beat them and vice versa.

So yes, I am scared of the Colts, and I think all patsfans should be, just as I think all Colts fans should be scared of the Pats. They're - by far - the two best teams in football and they have two of the greatest QBs in the history of the game. They're bound to meet and it should be a hell of a game.

Last edited:
Boys, I don't want to admit it, but I'm scared like a yellow-belly coward that they'll come in our house, spread us out, and work us.

This man be the deciding factor in it all...

img9830738.jpg

-Wayne
-Harrison
-Gonzalez
-Clark
-Addai

Let's be honest, there's a chance our dream ends at 17-0.

I read some of the posts, and it's like some guys really believe we're going to cruise to 19-0. That AFC Championship game is a 3pt game either way. :(

Why is everyone answering this kid as if he's a Patriots fan? Look above PLEASE! he has a pic of Addai and a list of Colts players AND he said he's scared like a "yellow-belly coward"? What Patriot fan would say that?

Why are we entertaining this idiot?

Last edited:
Why is everyone answering this kid as if he's a Patriots fan? Look above PLEASE! he has a pic of Addai and a list of Colts players as his signature.

Why are we entertaining this idiot?

That's not his signature, that's his post.

I was in 2003, and again in 2004. But that got old. Bring 'em on!! :cool:

Excellent post.

I am also crossing my fingers that a top of the line, most experienced officiating crew will be assigned the game and call it fairly. I'm not someone who wants to get all the calls, like if anyone has ever watched a Cowboy game knows, they seriously get calls... I just want a fair shake.

A win is a win, I just hope for some cushion so it's not a nail-biter. A decisive, maybe 10pt win would be awesome.

Cowboys game????????

No team in this league at any time in history outside of Shula's Dolphins has ever gotten even close to the amount of calls and repeated non-calls that benefit the Colts.

It is not even close. The Colts cheat openly on every play. Last week they had a blatant helmet to helmet hit that was seen by every viewer that watched the game, fresh off of the NFL's latest recommendation to the refs about suspending players that do that crap, and guess what? No call.

That's not his signature, that's his post.

Even still, if you read his post, he's obviously a Colt fan playing with this board. No patriot fan would say he was scared like a yellow bellied coward...would you?

He has also never tried to defend himself of my accusations. All you guys are doing is enterning him by participating in his childish game.

Last edited:
No team in this league at any time in history outside of Shula's Dolphins has ever gotten even close to the amount of calls and repeated non-calls that benefit the Colts.
Yeah Colts get a lot of calls too. Cowboys been getting calls for years too though. Their game with Carolina was terribly officiated.

I'm more afraid of the officiating during a Pats-Colts game than I am of the Colts themselves.

That's the same with me. I think Polian has pictures of most of the refs in the league, doing funny things with barnyard animals. I can't prove it, but I think this is so.

Even still, if you read his post, he's obviously a Colt fan playing with this board. No patriot fan would say he was scared like a yellow bellied coward...would you?

He has also never tried to defend himself of my accusations. All you guys are doing is enterning him by participating in his childish game.
Don't need to, don't want any drama. You're entitled to your opinion.

Have a nice day.

He's a troll, as his history here and on at least one other Patriots forum shows. As to whether or not he's a Colts fan, I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back