PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle Thoughts - The "where do you start" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anybody happen to have the link/ website for the Falcons Fan forum?

I'd really love to see how to their fans went from 100 to -1,000,000 in methodical fashion.

Thank you..
Talk About the Falcons

Topics----

I might legit cry

Time Management still an issue

Game Rigged? TV said Patriots win before game over...

Grading SuperBowl Referees (As if you needed more confirmation that ESPN was the Pats Network)

(my favorite)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
No schadenfreude, I remember SB 42 and what it did to us.......

Great analysis as always, Ken.

Obviously, down 28-3, the chance of getting back were small, but I never completely lost faith, thinking of the 2013 comeback against the Broncos and the (almost) 28-points comeback against the 49ers in 2012. I thought that, being so far ahead, the Falcons would go into a run-only mode, leading to shorter drives and more stops. Well, I was mistaken...but in the end, their pass-first mentality didn't close the game either. Which lead me to my next point...

Matt Ryan. I believe people never change. Obviously, players gets better over time (until they get old, except for Tom Brady), but at the core they don't change. Peyton Manning never was a great player under pressure. The 2 Super Bowls he won, his defense won them for him. Ryan is no different; might be a great regular season QB, but in the playoffs, under pressure, he'll do a mistake. Tom Brady has mistakes too, but he's able to put them behind, and he does not let these mistakes affect him for the rest of the game. Ryan's play just crumble when it happens. Once the Pats started to get closer, Ryan just had a meltdown. I don't know why he got that 'Matty Ice' nickname, that's just not him. Taking all those sacks in the 4th quarter, that's just bad football.

Lesson learned from the past : I always hated it when Belichick started to get after points too early. Super Bowl 42 4th and long instead of going for a 47-yard field goal is an example. Going on 4th down 2 times against the Broncos in last year AFC Championship, missing out on easy field goals. This time however, he took the points each time, and it ended up being the right decisions. I don't think anybody would have blame him to try to go for a touchdown down 21-0 at the end of the first half, or down 28-9 with less than 10 minutes in the 4th quarter. But he didn't, and in the end the Pats needed these 2 field goals to tie the game.

Julio Jones : I wonder how he feels today. The guy caught all 4 passes thrown to him, and the last one, at the Pats 22 yard-line, should have put the Falcons in a position to win. But instead of going for a 40 yards field goal, the Falcons next 3 plays were all negative plays, putting them out of field goal range. Football is the ultimate team game, but I guess he probably feels he did his part, and the rest of the team let him down.

Jamie Collins : yes, he got his contract...with the Browns. I wonder if he watched the Super Bowl at all, or just didn't care. If he would have listened to the coaches here, he would have been a 2-time Super Bowl winner. I might be unfair, but I think he just didn't care, he'll take the money over championships.

PS. I'm watching the Parade, and Belichick is on the mic saying 'no days off, no days off !' to a group of people who just skipped work to go to the Parade...funny stuff !

A lot will be said in the next few weeks about Bennett's comment about superbowl winners getting overpaid. Bennett made $5MM this season and supposedly turned down a $7MM extension offer mid season.

Superbowl winner or not I have to wonder who is going to pay more than that long term for a 30 year old TE who would be playing on his his 5th team in 7 years, And is someone who in the wrong locker room or with the wrong staff could be a problem

Ken, not sure if you saw this Tweet but he clarified the statement.

The dude is such a wildcard that I can't say with certainty what he wants to do. He rides the waves with every ripple. BTW, tonight he had an AWESOME Twitter rant of the things that he wants to do in the offseason. I recommend everyone read his Timeline. The dude wants to not be known just as a football player. He wants to change lives. But it's clear he loved it here for the short time.

So football wise, I think he would be a good keeper here. He was a good fallback for Gronk even though his targets were not that lofty. The blocks he made for Blount and the running game were a big part of Blount leading the league in rushing TDs (James Develin also, he gets absolutely NO credit).

But as far as him and what he wants to do...........I'm thinking more and more that this championship has catapulted him to want to do more. He wants to write more children's books, build art centers and computer labs for kids to learn coding. We all know (you especially) how important education is. It may be even more important than ever now (not to get political). That's why I think Bennett is a wild card.

@patfanken , I love you ken. But at some point, you have to learn not counting TB and the team out regardless of the deficit. I learned my lesson from the Saints game in 2013. With just one minute to go, TB drove down the filed and hit Kenbrell Thompkins for a 17 yard TB. Yeah,,, Kenbrell Thompkins

So football wise, I think he would be a good keeper here. He was a good fallback for Gronk even though his targets were not that lofty. The blocks he made for Blount and the running game were a big part of Blount leading the league in rushing TDs (James Develin also, he gets absolutely NO credit).

His targets would have been rather loftier if he had been healthy most of the season. Don't forget -- he looked pretty damned good early on when he was healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back