PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are You Scared Of The Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he made a play. As much as it hurt, it was just a good play in the NFL.

If Maroney had made that play, we'd have been all too happy to call it a great play.

Watch the film again. The key to that run was that Patriots players pulled a keystone cops and ran into each other.

Watch the film again. The key to that run was that Patriots players pulled a keystone cops and ran into each other.

True, our guys did not tackle well or contain well on that play. I have seen other lapses of good tackling though, and I still can't call it a fluke play.

To me a fluke is when a receiver gets knocked out, fumbles the ball, but it isn't a fumble because part of his body was out of bounds.

True, our guys did not tackle well or contain well on that play. I have seen other lapses of good tackling though, and I still can't call it a fluke play.

To me a fluke is when a receiver gets knocked out, fumbles the ball, but it isn't a fumble because part of his body was out of bounds.

to me a fluke is something that is nearly impossible to repeat. the Colts could run that play against us 100 more times and not get that result.

or call it a high variance result.

or call it lucky.

it's really all the same thing, but some people get bothered by certain words.

They are the defending superbowl champs. This is the only team I dread to see in the playoffs. They are the only team that has a chance to beat the Patriots at Gillette. The Colts have a really good football team.

I wouldn't say scared, but I definitely give the Colts the best chance at knocking us out. Their D is very quick and that allows them to play back preventing the deep ball. Running the ball against them should be easier, but without a bruiser like Dillon or Morris in the backfield we're gonna have to depend on the short passing game. If we can catch their front 7 over pursuing then the screen pass should be an affective weapon.

Defensively we have to contain Addai. That long screen at the end of the half was a real back breaker and exposed our tackling weakness. The DBs are gonna have to bring their A game as the front 7 will need to respect the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News