Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you happy with this years patritos draft class.

• No. We should have taken (name the player(s))

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'm too literal because like BB I believe there's ALWAYS room for improvement. I love this year's selections. Were there only an OLB pass rusher found in the pony dropings later in the draft it would have achieved perfection.

I'm very satisfied with year's draft class, especially after the second day. Picking up Hernandez on the third day was especially great. I, like many, was shocked to see the McCourty pick at 27 but after my blood pressure went down I came to realize that it made a lot of sense.

One point I came to think about was BB's other WTF picks in early rounds and saw how they panned out. Logan Mankins, Richard Seymour, and Sebastian Vollmer stick out. It seems that when BB "reaches" (according to those "analysts") in the first two rounds, the players greatly surprise and exceed expectations.

Bethel Johnson and Terrence Wheatley say hello.

Bethel Johnson and Terrence Wheatley say hello.

I do remember Bethel returning a couple of kickoffs for TD's. And i remember him scoring a TD againts the Titans in the playoffs, which was needed for that win.

And Wheatley could still make a decent dime or nickle back. You could have come up with Chad Jackson or someone else. No team, I repeat, no team has perfection in any draft.

I am very surprised on the voting. Even the 1 no vote was declared a mistake by the poster.

Last edited:
I do remember Bethel returning a couple of kickoffs for TD's. And i remember him scoring a TD againts the Titans in the playoffs, which was needed for that win.

And Wheatley could still make a decent dime or nickle back. You could have come up with Chad Jackson or someone else. No team, I repeat, no team has perfection in any draft.

I am very surprised on the voting. Even the 1 no vote was declared a mistake by the poster.

Well, the choice "It's way too soon to tell" wasn't available.

I accidentally selected the wrong one. I meant to choose the top on and accidentally voted on "Yes, but it could have been better". I'll be even happier if Deaderick can make an impact in years to come.

I notice that a Jets fan voted that he didn't like this draft class. That means it was a damn good class.

If it was a bad draft class he would have voted that he liked it.:cool:

Last edited:
They were both 2nd to 3rd round prospects, not eaxactly "WTF?!" picks. Chill out.

Nobody's more of a Kool-Aid drinker than me. But it's just too much to say that BB's "WTF" picks in the first two rounds always pan out. The record is definitely mixed -- and I didn't even mention Marquise Hill or Adrian Klemm. And I don't know how you can say that Bethel Johnson wasn't a WTF pick. Nobody even knew who he was when he got picked. Bill's had some hits in the first two rounds to be sure, but there have been some misses, and weird misses at that.

Nobody's more of a Kool-Aid drinker than me. But it's just too much to say that BB's "WTF" picks in the first two rounds always pan out. The record is definitely mixed -- and I didn't even mention Marquise Hill or Adrian Klemm. And I don't know how you can say that Bethel Johnson wasn't a WTF pick. Nobody even knew who he was when he got picked. Bill's had some hits in the first two rounds to be sure, but there have been some misses, and weird misses at that.

I'm definetely not saying that ALL of the BB's WTF picks in the early rounds will pan out but I feel like he has had a pretty good track record until this point

Yes, I am happy with this. As with other posters, a younger RB might have been nice. Having said that, I understand that there are some very good ones coming out in the top half of the 1st in 2011.

Very happy

1. They seem like great guys.
2. Decent coverage at top need positions (one pass rusher, one low pick but interesting DE, great TE coverage, P)
3. Very good coverage at secondary need positions (CB + ILB + WR, even if no RB)
4. A high pick for next year

OLB is the only remaining position where, before injuries, I seriously fear lack of depth/talent.

If Spikes can be nearly as dominant as he was as a Gator then our defense just drastically improved.

Yes, this looks like a solid draft. In particular at TE - I'd hope this will ease people's worry about the WR position, as they have two guys who can run routes and catch.

One quick note - I've seen alot of complaints about BBs drafting, and there's no doubt there have been alot of misses (although not in the first round). For those of you who like to pull out the number of guys on the roster from the middle of the decade, remember that it was a deep team, and tough to crack the roster at most positions. The last two drafts reflect the fact that it was obvious the roster needed to go through a transition period. With 12 picks last year as well as this year, and 10 picks next year, the renovation is on.

For those of us not ready to shoot ourselves over not having Sergio Kindle or Dez Bryant on the roster, these are good times. :D

I selected the "I think I am happy" response just because every draft is a crap shoot. On the face of it, it looks like a good draft. But I remember years that teams have universally been given the highest draft grade around the league and not get a single starter out of their draft class and teams' drafts that get universally panned that get several Pro Bowlers.

As of right now I am happy with this draft, I acknowledge that two years from now I could either be estatic about this draft or majorly disapointed in this draft.

One thing Mike Reis said on Patriots Total Access last night that resonated with me. He really liked the Pats' selection of McCourty because he said it was better to get the best guy available than reaching for need because typically if you reach for need, that position will be a top priority the next year (indicating the player won't pan out like he should).

Man, I can't even answer whether I'm happy with the 2009 draft class (though I'm leaning towards a 'yes'), or even the 2008 class (though heavily leaning towards a 'no'). And here you are asking about the 2010 class.

Man, I can't even answer whether I'm happy with the 2009 draft class (though I'm leaning towards a 'yes'), or even the 2008 class (though heavily leaning towards a 'no'). And here you are asking about the 2010 class.

OK...ok...we'll take it easy on you...are you happy with the outcome of the Peloponnesian war in 421 B.C.?

OK...ok...we'll take it easy on you...are you happy with the outcome of the Peloponnesian war in 421 B.C.?

Personally, I am estatic with the outcome of the Peloponnesian war, but the jury is still out on the Trojan War. I am still holding out hope that Troy makes a comeback.

Personally, I am estatic with the outcome of the Peloponnesian war, but the jury is still out on the Trojan War. I am still holding out hope that Troy makes a comeback.

If by "Troy" you mean that mythical creature named Shawn Crable, I too am hoping that he makes a comeback before he becomes an archeological site.

Last edited:
:agree::yeahthat:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore