PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you glad we play a weak Kansas City team in Week 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I am sure most of us fans want to see a great game after a less then lackluster preseason and I am glad the schedule helps us out here with a team like KC who most are picking to finish at or near the bottom of the standings.

Not that I don't respect some of the KC players like Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez,Both of whom almost take over that offense by themselves but other than those 2 there is nothing to fear from their offense and the defensive front is sort of in transition from losing their best DE so not really worried about the KC defense being too formidable.

While I expect a competitive game because I do think NE will be conservitive and run the ball alot to slowly get Brady into rhythm,I am glad the opposition is a much easier one than to face some of the better teams down the road and I expect a grind em out game with a win by about 7-10 points.

Are you like me and happy to se the team face what appears to me a mediocre team in week 1 or did you want to see the team face a toughie like Indy or SD? - I would like the team to gel together a little before facing the better teams in the league because I really do not have any idea what type of team the 2008 Patriots will be right now.

Last edited:
Ummmm.....sure. Honestly it doesn't really matter who play. It's nice to get KC, but don't take them for granted. They're capable of playing NE tough and at the beginning of the season you never really know what your gonna get.

Ummmm.....sure. Honestly it doesn't really matter who play. It's nice to get KC, but don't take them for granted. They're capable of playing NE tough and at the beginning of the season you never really know what your gonna get.

I know you cannot take a team for granted and I think that KC will actually beat the point spread which I believe is 12 points but still think there could be a lot tougher challenge in week 1 than KC -

NE IMO should win by about 7-10 points,I don't expect any blowout nor do I expect a game decided in the last minute

I know you cannot take a team for granted and I think that KC will actually beat the point spread which I believe is 12 points but still think there could be a lot tougher challenge in week 1 than KC -

NE IMO should win by about 7-10 points,I don't expect any blowout nor do I expect a game decided in the last minute

I'd go with your analysis. It would be nice if NE could build a large enough lead and treat the 4th quarter like the preseason, but for some reason I think the Pats will be playing with a close lead for most of the game and maybe add another TD late and practice clock control for the rest.

I'd go with your analysis. It would be nice if NE could build a large enough lead and treat the 4th quarter like the preseason, but for some reason I think the Pats will be playing with a close lead for most of the game and maybe add another TD late and practice clock control for the rest.

I see NE using all their 5 RBs a lot in this game saving Brady for future games and grinding out the clock in a decent low scoring affair (yes,there will be 5 RBs on this team after the cuts come out today).

Why risk Brady so early in the season behind that patchwork OL? - I think BB is going to be thinking the same thing here and ground it out in week 1,unless of course Maroney does nothing, then the passing game would be forced into action,Maroney is the key here since he is the featured back - for now anyway.

I am not a Maroney basher but I don't see anything yet that says he will be anything special either so its not impossible he does not slip down the ladder and we see more Jordan and Morris if LoMo does not produce.

Last edited:
Definitely a positive.

The starting offense didn't play a single play together in the preseason. They aren't going to be in midseason form next weekend. Nice to not start with either one of the league's best defenses or a division rival.

Last edited:
I see NE using all their 5 RBs a lot in this game saving Brady for future games and grinding out the clock in a decent low scoring affair.

Why risk Brady so early in the season behind that patchwork OL? - I think BB is going to be thinking the same thing here and ground it out in week 1,unless of course Maroney does nothing, then the passing game would be forced into action,Maroney is the key here since he is the featured back - for now anyway.

There's no doubt that Maroney is our #1 back, but I don't think BB will expose him to risk injury for more than 2 quarters. I think Morris and Jordan split the bulk of the carries in this one.

Are you asking me if I am happy KC is our first opponent?

Well, I don't control the schedule, so I don't worry about that. Each team has to play 16 games in the regular season. I worry about each team on that week. As for the order of the teams, early bye week, late bye week, early home games, late homes -- it is what it is.

And look forward to the challenges presented by Kansas city. But anyone who knows football would not call KC weak. They are great football team that will present us with many challenges. They have an explosive offense, solid on defense, great special teams. They are well coached. They have made some outstanding improvement in the off-season

We are just going to do our best to get ready to play them.

(I tried to answer that as I would envision our leader would)

Well, I don't control the schedule, so I don't worry about that. Each team has to play 16 games in the regular season. I worry about each team on that week. As for the order of the teams, early bye week, late bye week, early home games, late homes -- it is what it is.

And look forward to the challenges presented by Kansas city. But anyone who knows football would not call KC weak. They are great football team that will present us with many challenges. They have an explosive offense, solid on defense, great special teams. They are well coached. They have made some outstanding improvement in the off-season

Plus,

-Both teams are 0-0, and the score starts out 0-0.
-Whoever executes better on Sunday will win.
-Nothing anybody did yesterday, last week, last month, last year matters at all.
-Everyone needs to do their job because they are a talented team and we will have our hands full.
-Injuries? No, I don't have any updates. As we reported, the guy you mentioned has a lower, middle, or upper body issue. ;)

Last edited:

I know BB has lied to the media before or at least hides things from them, but if he said KC was well coached the media would laugh hysterically - no one would ever believe that a Herm Edwards team is well coached :cool:

I am sure most of us fans want to see a great game after a less then lackluster preseason and I am glad the schedule helps us out here with a team like KC who most are picking to finish at or near the bottom of the standings.

Not that I don't respect some of the KC players like Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez,Both of whom almost take over that offense by themselves but other than those 2 there is nothing to fear from their offense and the defensive front is sort of in transition from losing their best DE so not really worried about the KC defense being too formidable.

While I expect a competitive game because I do think NE will be conservitive and run the ball alot to slowly get Brady into rhythm,I am glad the opposition is a much easier one than to face some of the better teams down the road and I expect a grind em out game with a win by about 7-10 points.

Are you like me and happy to se the team face what appears to me a mediocre team in week 1 or did you want to see the team face a toughie like Indy or SD? - I would like the team to gel together a little before facing the better teams in the league because I really do not have any idea what type of team the 2008 Patriots will be right now.

Yes, I am happy. I even think the handling of Brady was affected by who our week 1 opponent is. If he was able to play but they were just resting him, I'm sure the fact that we are not facing Indy or San Diego the first week factored into whether they completely rested Brady or not. Didn't KC have a worse preseason than us (if that is possible)? I didn't see them play, but I remember Johnson not having a great year last year (at least at the beginning of the season). I also read somewhere that they were "punchless" during the preseason. Hopefully they won't "flip their switch" until week 2! ;)

Dwayne Bowe is very good, and KC is better than you are making them out to be.

Last edited:
This will be a one-score differential -- Pats win by 7 or less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick