PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you also losing your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS (running) is how I keep myself sane during "the long wait." The morning of the game (as I always do the morning of ANY big Pats game) I will run...and the jitters melt away.

Big games calls for big runs, so this Sunday I'm thinking it's a double-digit day.

This. I do long slow runs on Sundays and have been building up all year. Last week I did 10 miles and probably will this Sunday also. No pregame nerves whatsoever.

I am running my first half marathon in late February and fully intend on wearing my Patriot SB XLVII shirt while doing it.

I've been losing my mind all week. At this rate I won't get any work done until after the Super Bowl.

I need to know.

Are you also going out of your skull in anticipation of this game?

I don't go more than five minutes without thinking about it. And this has nothing to do with confidence level as I am extremely confident. I just can't wait for this game to happen and it's WAY BEYOND NORMAL.

Tales of Pats obsession before this AFC Chhamp game go in this thread.

:rocker:

P on a cops car ,that should keep you busy till sunday afternoon :D

The nervousness really set in today. Until now I've been surprised at how calm I've been. Probably because I've been preoccupied with silly stuff like work.

I also try to work off the anxiety with running and lifting.

And then it comes back in the evenings so I have to get hammered. Just a little hammered.

Yeah...like a Ball Peen instead of a sledge. I gotcha.

I am actually calm.... But, I know that I will be losing it on Sunday if the game is a close one.... Every 3rd down will be a heart-pounding, nail-biting, torture-fest....

My Pats obsession has reached new heights this year. It's getting bad. I draw up plays and fake stat summaries. Constantly listening to sports radio and reloading the message boards. I'm totally obsessed and there's nothing I can do about it. Thank god it's a three day weekend; win or lose I'm going to need time to decompress before going back to work and at least pretending to be invested.

I like to get deeply into a great video game. The hours fly by!

I'm going to hit the gym this afternoon and play some old dude basketball. I already know who I want to guard - this big hairy guy who we think has some neurological problem because he feels no pain when we wail on him when he gets the ball in the post. Pounding away on his sweaty back and arms will definitely help get some of this anxiety out.

Sign the beast ;)

Little worried Pats fans don't seem worried. This will be a 15-round slugfest. I'm more worried than excited...cautiously optimistic, hope we win, but will pull out all my superstitions.

Last edited:
Here is the Inside the NFL game summary from last year's AFCCG vs BAL.

It is about 9 minutes long, but is a must watch for those who would like to re-live the moment.

There are also many good sound bites from both teams/players, and it is set up in the traditional "NFL films presents" vein, which is always high quality:

Ravens vs Patriots AFC championship film - YouTube

Last edited:
Little worried Pats fans don't seem worried. This will be a 15-round slugfest. I'm more worried than excited...cautiously optimistic, hope we win, but will pull out all my superstitions.

They will need to play much better than last year's AFCCG matchup in order to win.

The positive is that we have better talent and more experience which should lead to positive results.

I started feeling anxious about this game on Wednesday. Now, I'm just pissed at all the media "experts" picking Baltimore and claiming the Pats can't compete in certain areas of play. Also sick of the Ray Lewis hype, Suggs, and John Harbaugh's soprano sphincter.

I am glad to hear all that , I couldn't even finish an important project at work , I work for like 10 minutes max then I start browsing anything related to Sunday's match , going crazy

I am glad to hear all that , I couldn't even finish an important project at work , I work for like 10 minutes max then I start browsing anything related to Sunday's match , going crazy

well, that's five minutes more than my sexual performance these days, so you're actually doin' all right...and no wisecracks from the shriveled 'nads crew....as Joe Kerr has said many times ...I gave at the orifice..

bigBS.gif

Last edited:
The whole "ravens can match brady on offense vs our secondary and how brady hasnt done well with ravens inthe past" has made me more anxious not to mention the "Ravens are the giants of this yr" factor being talked about which isnt easy to handle.

The whole "ravens can match brady on offense vs our secondary and how brady hasnt done well with ravens inthe past" has made me more anxious not to mention the "Ravens are the giants of this yr" factor being talked about which isnt easy to handle.

Then you should do what i do. Stop listening to idiots who talk bull**** because well...it's their job to talk bull****. I haven't felt this confident going against the ravens in quite some time. I thought they were a better team last year.

The Ravens haven't looked anything special. At times last week i thought their D looked weak,CBs were getting abused,no pressure on Manning,Flacco couldn't sustain drives - the only thing they had was going after Bailey.

Then you should do what i do. Stop listening to idiots who talk bull**** because well...it's their job to talk bull****. I haven't felt this confident going against the ravens in quite some time. I thought they were a better team last year.

The Ravens haven't looked anything special. At times last week i thought their D looked weak,CBs were getting abused,no pressure on Manning,Flacco couldn't sustain drives - the only thing they had was going after Bailey.

It's funny that you say that because I said last Saturday night that I was actually more worried about Houston's revenge factor and skill players on offense than I would be about a rematch with Baltimore. I was feeling practically giddy at the thought of facing them again.

Now, not so much....I think the media hype and all of the talk all week about the matchups has worn me down a bit.

That, and I never tend to take ANY team lightly, as is my cautious side of me. That all said, I think that we "should" win if they play up to their potential, no doubt about that.

well, that's five minutes more than my sexual performance these days, so you're actually doin' all right...

And somehow you still better me by a full 2-3 minutes, imagine that.. ;)

I need to know.

Are you also going out of your skull in anticipation of this game?

I don't go more than five minutes without thinking about it. And this has nothing to do with confidence level as I am extremely confident. I just can't wait for this game to happen and it's WAY BEYOND NORMAL.

Tales of Pats obsession before this AFC Chhamp game go in this thread.

:rocker:

I feel exactly like that! i just want to see the game already. Well it's just a day away. Can't wait to have some buddies over, crack open a few cold ones, and take in some unhealthy food. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST