PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you also losing your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to know.

Are you also going out of your skull in anticipation of this game?

I don't go more than five minutes without thinking about it. And this has nothing to do with confidence level as I am extremely confident. I just can't wait for this game to happen and it's WAY BEYOND NORMAL.

Tales of Pats obsession before this AFC Chhamp game go in this thread.

:rocker:
I lost it a long time ago, if you happen to see it let me know. :D

The whole McNabb blowing chunks during Super Bowl 36 is an urban myth.
Where is he "clearly seen" vomiting? I've yet to find visual evidence (i.e. the Fox broadcast) or anyone on either sideline saying he did it.
There was something wrong with him during the game. He's seen spewing Gatorade gulps shortly after swishing it in his mouth and another time he's seen sucking on a towel. Also, another player in the huddle had to verbally relay the plays to the offense once or twice because McNabb was having a hard time annunciating. That's maybe where the "McNabb puked during The Super Bowl" thing got it's legs.
He was under the weather for whatever reason but there's no evidence he ralphed.

Troy Brown has stated that McNabb was dry-heaving on the field.

The whole McNabb blowing chunks during Super Bowl 36 is an urban myth.
Where is he "clearly seen" vomiting? I've yet to find visual evidence (i.e. the Fox broadcast) or anyone on either sideline saying he did it.
There was something wrong with him during the game. He's seen spewing Gatorade gulps shortly after swishing it in his mouth and another time he's seen sucking on a towel. Also, another player in the huddle had to verbally relay the plays to the offense once or twice because McNabb was having a hard time annunciating. That's maybe where the "McNabb puked during The Super Bowl" thing got it's legs.
He was under the weather for whatever reason but there's no evidence he ralphed.

You win the "Are You Losing Your Mind?" pre-game ritual contest!

What a great way to kill these endless hours, going frame-by-frame through Super Bowl XXXIX to see if somebody dry heaved or went for the full technicolor yawn. Bravo!

Is your name Abraham Zapruder?

Troy Brown has stated that McNabb was dry-heaving on the field.

There is still some confusion and debate over what happened.

Some say during the fumble, Bruschi hit him and he lost his breath- essentially being puched in the stomach.

Some say Jarvis Green smacked him good and he also lost his breath- knocked the wind out of him.

No one disputes that he was coughing but good.

Either way, he threw 3 picks and the Pats won.

I was at the Pats game last week and I'm going again this week with my dad. I can't wait.

There is still some confusion and debate over what happened.

Some say during the fumble, Bruschi hit him and he lost his breath- essentially being puched in the stomach.

Some say Jarvis Green smacked him good and he also lost his breath- knocked the wind out of him.

No one disputes that he was coughing but good.

Either way, he threw 3 picks and the Pats won.

I guess we'll have to wait for his book. :rolleyes:

But, Donovan did introduce another term into the NFL glossary: we usually say that QB's are "Miked" for a game, in this case we may have one who "Ralphed." :bricks:

OK. OK. I know. I know! I've got to find something else to do to kill the time between now and Kick Off.

DarrylStingley, that is very cool of you. I like my sons to know that the Pats are important to me, but they are NOT as important as my boys. My older son started crying at the end of last years Super Bowl (he was 7 at the time) and I had to explain to him that watching him make a QB sack or INT in flag football is 10 times as exciting to me as watching the Pats win. That helped calm him down and I hope he and his brother remember that.

On an unrelated note, I ran 10 1/2 miles in 1 hour and 58 minutes (not fast by any means, but both personal bests for me). Now WTF am I supposed to do for the next few hours? We might go fishing for a few hours if the sun peeks out, it's been unseasonably brisk here in Tampa (especially right on the water on base) but hopefully we can get some bites.

DarrylStingley, that is very cool of you. I like my sons to know that the Pats are important to me, but they are NOT as important as my boys. My older son started crying at the end of last years Super Bowl (he was 7 at the time) and I had to explain to him that watching him make a QB sack or INT in flag football is 10 times as exciting to me as watching the Pats win. That helped calm him down and I hope he and his brother remember that.

On an unrelated note, I ran 10 1/2 miles in 1 hour and 58 minutes (not fast by any means, but both personal bests for me). Now WTF am I supposed to do for the next few hours? We might go fishing for a few hours if the sun peeks out, it's been unseasonably brisk here in Tampa (especially right on the water on base) but hopefully we can get some bites.
You sound like a really cool dad. That was awfully nice of you.

How did this thread turn into a debate about whether or not Donovan McNabb was throwing up during the Super Bowl?

How did this thread turn into a debate about whether or not Donovan McNabb was throwing up during the Super Bowl?

I see that you are relatively new here, my young Padawan. Much to learn have you about the way of the Force, er, Forum.

How does any thread into a debate about something totally unrelated turn? Open your mind that you might understand...

...and then let me know if you figure it out because I sure as hell can't. :singing:

Welcome to the Board!

I'm excited, but not as excited as I used to get about these games.

The first Pats/Giants Super Bowl really affected my fandom (fanhood?).

That Tyree helmet catch really sucked some of the joy out of it for me.
To be THAT close to perfection, with that little time left, just to lose on the flukiest of fluke plays.....

It's just hard to get as invested in case that happens again.

Thanks, man.

Good stuff re your kids.

I watch nearly all the games with my son. How could I tell him that he'd have to catch up on his own in another room while we all watch the game without him? Like you, I love my kid more than the Pats (of course), and I couldn't do anything that's inconsistent with that basic notion.

I plan to run about 5 miles at around 1 PM. Have some stuff to do before then.

The run will help.

I have the earlier game against the Ravens on DVR and am thinking about watching it (until the last half of the last quarter).

Then again, I'm not sure...

But between my run and the 3 PM game, there's not a ton of time, so I should be set.

Whoever is reading, sorry for the ramble.

You know, even though it's hard to wait this day out, we are so freaking lucky to be Pats fans. The good thing is that I think we know it. People say that Pats fans are spoiled but I call steaming BS on that. Especially fans who have been fans since the 60s or 70s -- and even the 80s -- we know the not great times and we know how fortunate we all are.

We get to root for Tom Brady!!!!

We get to root for a team that is coached on sound, intelligent principles!

We get to root for a tireless, intelligent head coach.

And we get to root for a team that other fans hate! No one hate the damn Panthers!

The Pats are continually relevant and at the end of the day, that's all we can ask for, right?

Cheers, all of you!

Just got back from the gym where I had a really good cardio workout. I burned off the stress for about 10 minutes and now I'm getting really nervous again. Shiiiiiiit. I wish I could fast forward 10 hours!

I'm just enjoying it anymore. Can't imagine being a Browns fan. Or a Jags fan. Or a Lions fan. Win or lose today or in two weeks, you just know as long as BB/TB are around, next year will bring double digit wins, playoffs, and another opportunity for a SB.

I just enjoy it.

I already have the jitters in my stomach...can't imagine what it'll be like when it gets closer to gametime. :confused:

Yes, losing my mind for a different reason. At my in-law's house in Maine for the weekend. No superstition issues with this place, watched the 2001 AFC Championship in the room I will be in today.

No, my problem is this - father-in-law just got DirectTV. Yesterday the NEW main box in a whole home DVR setup stopped working and DirectTV can't come until Monday. We've put up a over the air HD antenna, working so far, but still not living this setup!

Yes, losing my mind for a different reason. At my in-law's house in Maine for the weekend. No superstition issues with this place, watched the 2001 AFC Championship in the room I will be in today.

No, my problem is this - father-in-law just got DirectTV. Yesterday the NEW main box in a whole home DVR setup stopped working and DirectTV can't come until Monday. We've put up a over the air HD antenna, working so far, but still not living this setup!

Any sports bars nearby just in case?

I know....in Maine that may not be so easy....

I'm excited, but not as excited as I used to get about these games.

The first Pats/Giants Super Bowl really affected my fandom (fanhood?).

That Tyree helmet catch really sucked some of the joy out of it for me.
To be THAT close to perfection, with that little time left, just to lose on the flukiest of fluke plays.....

It's just hard to get as invested in case that happens again.
2007-8 made me want it more.

2007-8 made me want it more.

Yes, this is the same for me as well. If anything, all the heartbreak has cemented my fandom. I get an incredible amount of joy from winning and I do get down about big losses. But as was said above, we are ALWAYS in the hunt and as I get older i appreciate that most of all.

Bored as ****. Hope the falcons and niners can provide an exciting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down