PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we legit? We have had 4th easiest schedule in league so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teams we played have a combined record of 74-80 ... I did it in my head so one of those might be slightly off ... I don't feel like writing all the records down and the Bengals and Bills, Lions throw that way off.
Subtract the games they played against the Pats: 11-2 - and that opponent's record now becomes 72-69.

no..we're not legit...now would all good chicken little Pats fans please report to the nearest cliff, jump off and finally shoot the fack up...at least you'll die happy and stop your incessant little baby girl crying week after freakin' week

Last edited:
The teams we played have a combined record of 74-80 ... I did it in my head so one of those might be slightly off ... I don't feel like writing all the records down and the Bengals and Bills, Lions throw that way off.

Combined record is a pretty ridiculous metric to use since it gives unfair weight to really poor teams. But in the spirit of the argument, if you count the Jets twice since we played them twice, it is 84-83.

Now if you look at the actual schedule and see the teams we have been playing and understand that each game counts as one, regardless of record, it's a completely different picture. We've played 8 games against teams with winning records. Our record is 7-1 in these games. Against teams that are at least 2 games over .500 (at least 8-5 or better), we are 4-1.

How does that compare to other elite teams? Potential #2 seed Pittsburgh is 4-3 vs. +.500 teams, 3-3 against teams that are 2+ games over .500.

Potential #1 seed in the NFC Atlanta has played 7 games against teams that are +.500, all were at least 2 games over .500, and they had a 5-2 record.

Potential #2 seeds in the NFC include Chicago (3-2 vs. +.500 teams, 2-2 against teams 2+ games over .500 after today's loss) and Philly (4-2 vs. +.500 teams, 3-2 vs. +.500 teams).

So we've certainly played (and won) our share of games against good competition. Just because the few bad teams we've played are really bad doesn't detract from all of the quality wins.

no..we're not legit...now would all good chicken little Pats fans please report to the nearest cliff, jump off and finally shoot the fack up...at least you'll die happy and stop your incessant little baby girl crying week after freakin' week

lol, you made me choke on a pretzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back