PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we legit? We have had 4th easiest schedule in league so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is annoying that certain segments of the Jets fan base are a bit biased. Sanchez and Rex are both still learning a lot every week. Rex needs to figure out that you can't blow 2 challenges in the first half ever. Rex needs to fire Schotty Jr immediately. Sanchez is what he is right now. An up and down 2nd year QB with a horrible offensive coordinator.

describing SG3 and Ray Ray, (and may I add, HitMan Harris, or OC Charger on the chargers board, now there is a wing nut), as a "bit biased" is like saying the QEII is a bit bigger then the SS Minnow.

You're a bit biased (so am I, of course), that group..defies any logic.

Defense:
Pts/G
Jets 15.7 (2)
Dolphins 21.3 (17)
Patriots 22 (21)

Yards Per Game
Jets 307.3 (7)
Dolphins 309.4 (8)
Patriots 384 (28)

Third Down Completion Percentage
Dolphins 36% (11)
Jets 38% (18)
Patriots 45% (32)

Offense:
PPG
Patriots 29.3 (1)
Jets 22.7 (12)
Dolphins 19 (23)

Yards Per Game
Dolphins 343.7 (13)
Jets 337.9 (15)
Patriots 330.3 (19)

Third Down PCT
Patriots 46% (2)
Dolpins 44% (5)
Jets 38% (17)

Misc.
Time of possession
Dolphins 32:24 (6)
Jets 30:57 (15)
Patriots 28:24 (26)

Turnovers
Jets +7 (Tied for 4th)
Patriots +7 (Tied for 4th)
Dolphins -4 (22)

Penalties
Miami 28 for 218 yards (1)
Patriots 41 for 351 yards (10)
Jets 52 for 478 yards (23)

Opponents Record:
Jets 24-27
Pats 21-29
Dolphins 25-25

You left out the most important stats when comparing the three teams.

Wins

Patriots 6 (1st)
Jets 5 (2nd -tied with 10 other teams)
Dolphins 4 (12th tied with 8 teams)

Loses

Patriots 1 (1st)
Jets 2 (2nd tied with 7 other teams)
Dolphins 3 (9th place tied with 7 other teams)

Ties

Patriots 0 (1st place 32 way tie)
Jets 0 (1st place 32 way tie)
Dolphins 0 (1st place 32 way tie)

LOL You guys love trashing Sanchez.

We're relatively nice to the Sanchize. After all you don't see us being meanies ridiculing him in public by collecting fines for his immature body language. Yup, what a natural leader. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pittsburgh's 5-2 is much, MUCH more impressive than the Pats 6-1, especially when you consider that Pittsburgh got many of those wins with their star quarterback injured.

When the Pats start putting away some more .500+ teams, then maybe it'll be safe to say they're the best. But right now they've been beating up on teams at the bottom of the league.

SammyB29, come back.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh will be an interesting test. We had the 6th hardest schedule coming into the season, Buffalo has had some bad breaks and have come very close to beating good teams, us included, BUT the better teams won. I'm sure Cleveland will be a close game but with us being victorious. I feel that we are progressing very smoothly and even with a loss here or there, we still get experience, so it's a win win situation.

This comment looked rational when it was written. If anyone had written that the Pats would get blown out and humiliated by the Cleveland Browns and demolish the Pittsburgh Squeelers, they'd have been laughed outta here. Tough to know what each week will bring. Mark my words, the Detroit Lions game is a huge man-crushing trap game.

now by the Sagarin ratings, we have played the 7th toughest schedule in the NFL:

USATODAY.com

Wait til they play some more of these other 5-2 teams (there are a LOT out there) and THEN see where they sit.

I waited, they sit tied with the best record in the NFL.

You still haven't returned to this topic, come back Sammy.

Last edited:
I think San Diego is going to be the team we have to look out for. IF they can protect the ball and get on a roll, we all know what Rivers can do and how good that defense is this season.

We shall see. And I hope you're right. I'm thinking we go 2-1 with a loss at Pittsburgh. Like I said, it's a tough team with a great defense and a great quarterback in a tough place to play. Plus, Roethlisberger has options in both the running and passing game that he's never had before when he's played us. If we lose any of those three games, it's to the Steelers. The Browns are the Browns and it's hard to see Belichick not having the team up and ready to go for a Mangini-led squad. And the Colts will be tough, but they're really banged up and we play at home.

Well, we went 2-1. But the loss didn't come where I thought it would have. :eek:

Wait til they play some more of these other 5-2 teams (there are a LOT out there) and THEN see where they sit.

Jets (9-3)
@ Steelers (9-3)
Ravens (8-4)
Colts (6-6)
@ Chargers (6-6)
@ Dolphins (6-6)

As the original thread starter here, I'd like to weigh in w my opinion now that more time has gone by in the season --

We've beat the Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Pitt, Indy and San Diego.

We're legit.

I thought this thread was a joke. Of course we are legit, the team has surpassed all our expectations this season!

OP here --

Another week, another game, another win.

We're more legit than ever. I thought this team would do good, but not this good.

I say BB coach of the year.

If Indy and San Diego win their divisions, we'll have beaten every AFC playoff team before the playoffs start.

Yeah, we're legit.

The Pats have had the hardest schedule in the leauge.

OP here --

Another week, another game, another win.

We're more legit than ever. I thought this team would do good, but not this good.

I say BB coach of the year.

Should we lock this thread now? I leave it up to you.

@ Steelers (10-3)
@ Bears (9-4)
vs Jets (9-4)
vs Ravens (8-4)
vs Colts (7-6)
@ Chargers (7-6)
@ Dolphins (7-6)

lol

The teams we played have a combined record of 74-80 ... I did it in my head so one of those might be slightly off ... I don't feel like writing all the records down and the Bengals and Bills, Lions throw that way off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back