PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone see PTI? What did Childress say to BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaac said:
For the love of all that is holy please don't put BB on a Parcells tree. Do you know which of the two was coaching in the NFL first? Please read Education of a Coach and you'll appreciate the insanity of such a statement. BB's tree is branched and tall, and Parcells is but a hanging leaf that's probably fallen off.

Wait a minute. Yeah, Parcells left here in a crappy way, however, let's not allow the bad taste from that to interrupt the thought process. BP did what he did for the Giants, did what he did for the putrid Patriots, he then did what he did for a very bad Jets team. Maybe he has lost it now with Dallas (I suspect it has more to do with signing on to a plan that calls for Jerry Jones to be the GM). BP has a solid history of taking bad teams and turning them into contenders. How many teams would kill for a coach like that? Now, is BB from the BP tree? Likely to an extent just by default. He was under BP for quite a few years. He had to have been on board with the BP way to an extent. It must have become at least part of his fabric. That said, I wouldn't trade BB for any coach now or any coach that I can remember in my lifetime. Who cares if he was part of the BP tree. He was part of someone's tree. Every coach ultimately is. Seems coming from the BP tree ain't so bad IMHO. I thank everyone, including BP, for helping to forge what BB is today. Actually, my first thank you is still to Kraft for knowing this was his guy, and battling out the many obstacles to get BB here. Hell, I even thank the inanimate ESPN ticker when it rolled out the words......"A deal has been struck to make BB head coach of the Patriots".....

in my opinion there is no need to waste brain cells on this....this game is on ESPN !
They wil invent any story to get ratings!!! Thats the fact....these are non stories which make headlines just because its MNF.

shmessy said:
"Hiding the SB scheme"??????? I don't get it. Is BB supposed to open up the playbook to share with opposing coaches? Am I missing something here?
It's called discovery, or is that the other sporting contest? :confused:

is it possible the comment was more innocent and they were making a joke about Childress getting even with BB simply b/c the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl?

patsox23 said:
is it possible the comment was more innocent and they were making a joke about Childress getting even with BB simply b/c the Patriots beat the Eagles in the Super Bowl?

What was the comment???

The Childress decision to mirror the style of the Patriots injury report is no big deal. I'm not even sure you can say it is an attempt to tweak BB; it could just as easily be called an attempt to emulate BB. After all, BBs injury reports are much more directed at the League rather than the team they playing that particular week. This "story" is just totally overblown. Maybe Childress was just having fun with it. Who knows? One thing I'm sure of - Minnesota's injury report is not getting under BBs skin.

I think this is beginning to get to the source. If this is it, big nuthin'. How can ESPN make a controversy out of that? Maybe Wilbon will register here under four different screennames and tell us what Childress "really" said.

Go to page 2 of Reiss' and Gasper's notes.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/10/28/gostkowski_praising_the_roof/

Be prepared
........ Childress added that while the Patriots play a 3-4 base defense, the Vikings are preparing for various possibilities, which he learned the hard way in 2004 when serving as the Eagles' offensive coordinator.

"We spent two weeks preparing before the Super Bowl for a 3-4 defense, and they didn't play a 3-4 defense in the Super Bowl," Childress said. "They played an even front with guys in both 'A' gaps, so you have to be ready for anything. That's what makes them difficult to prepare for."

PATSNUTme said:
Maybe he thinks that BB did something to make Donavan
barf.gif
Nope, this is Donovan's own trick! He did it again in the 4th quarter of the Tampa game. The team blamed it on the heat!

Let me know the next time you see two coaches kissing out there.

dryheat44 said:
Let me know the next time you see two coaches kissing out there.

Touche!!!!

PatsDeb said:
Nope, this is Donovan's own trick! He did it again in the 4th quarter of the Tampa game. The team blamed it on the heat!
Donovan still hasn't learned the hydration lesson...:D

Box_O_Rocks said:
Donovan still hasn't learned the hydration lesson...:D

He's not Donovan anymore . . . in Philly, they're calling him Ralph.

Patriotic said:
He's not Donovan anymore . . . in Philly, they're calling him Ralph.
They have a Naval yard, they should have plenty of shrines to the Boatswain's Gods - Ralph and Buick.

PatsDeb said:

Apparently he does it after almost every game.

cstjohn17 said:
I saw that too, they elluded to something about the Patriots hiding their SB scheme.. Wilborn commented that that is what good coaches do.. I think it is more than that, it seems like there is a lot of hostility between the Paul Holmgren tree (Andy Reid, Childress) and the Parcells tree (Belichick, etc.) Or it could be I am crazy. Pretty ballsy for Childress to lay down the gaunlet, especially when it is only game 7, not like they or the Eagles have ever won anything. And Holmgren's only victory was when he had the best offensive player (Brett Farve) and the best defensive player (Reggie White). I will take BB and Parcell's 5 Superbowls any day.

I think the tension has always been there, from the time Holmgren bit his thumb at Parcells. Parcells asked, just to make sure he wasn't going off half-****ed, "Do you bite your thumb at me sir?" Holmgren didn't miss a beat and said "I DO bite my thumb at you." It's been downhill ever since.

PFnV

shmessy said:
"We spent two weeks preparing before the Super Bowl for a 3-4 defense, and they didn't play a 3-4 defense in the Super Bowl," Childress said. "They played an even front with guys in both 'A' gaps, so you have to be ready for anything. That's what makes them difficult to prepare for."

I remember Wilfork talking about that after the SuperBowl - he was confused what they were practicing until he realized they were practicing the 4-3! That was certainly a well kept secret if the Eagles didn't have a clue.

PatsFanInVa said:
Holmgren bit his thumb at Parcells.

I don't get it. Is that some kind of ethnic insult or something? How do you bite your thumb at somebody? :confused:

Tunescribe said:
I don't get it. Is that some kind of ethnic insult or something? How do you bite your thumb at somebody? :confused:

Agree. Instead of the confusing thumb move, just give them the finger. Its universally understood.

Patriotic said:
Agree. Instead of the confusing thumb move, just give them the finger. Its universally understood.

You two are so crass. ;)

Tunescribe said:

Its Shakespear. From the first scene of Romeo and Juliet I believe. Tunascribe was playing off the feuding coaching families. So its old school.

....anyway....back to football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore