PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone see PTI? What did Childress say to BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJain

On the Roster
Reaction score
I just turned on PTI and missed the story of whatever Childress said to BB...Wilbon said something to the effect of:
'Is Childress still upset with Bellichick since the Super Bowl?'
Anyone know what they are talking about?
Thanks.

They said the rumor was that BB did something that irritated Childress but didn't know what it was.

They said Childress was messing with the Vikes injury report to tweak BB.

Oooooh, more drama!

Can't wait for the post-game handshake.;)

AJain said:
I just turned on PTI and missed the story of whatever Childress said to BB...Wilbon said something to the effect of:
'Is Childress still upset with Bellichick since the Super Bowl?'
Anyone know what they are talking about?
Thanks.

I saw that too, they elluded to something about the Patriots hiding their SB scheme.. Wilborn commented that that is what good coaches do.. I think it is more than that, it seems like there is a lot of hostility between the Paul Holmgren tree (Andy Reid, Childress) and the Parcells tree (Belichick, etc.) Or it could be I am crazy. Pretty ballsy for Childress to lay down the gaunlet, especially when it is only game 7, not like they or the Eagles have ever won anything. And Holmgren's only victory was when he had the best offensive player (Brett Farve) and the best defensive player (Reggie White). I will take BB and Parcell's 5 Superbowls any day.

cstjohn17 said:
I saw that too, they elluded to something about the Patriots hiding their SB scheme.. Wilborn commented that that is what good coaches do.. I think it is more than that, it seems like there is a lot of hostility between the Paul Holmgren tree (Andy Reid, Childress) and the Parcells tree (Belichick, etc.) Or it could be I am crazy. Pretty ballsy for Childress to lay down the gaunlet, especially when it is only game 7, not like they or the Eagles have ever won anything. And Holmgren's only victory was when he had the best offensive player (Brett Farve) and the best defensive player (Reggie White). I will take BB and Parcell's 5 Superbowls any day.

To me, when other coaches try to play BB's game, we are already 1/2 way to a win. GO BB!!

Edit - PS I am sure the thing BB did to irritate Childress was win the damn game!!

Last edited:
cstjohn17 said:

Not to nitpick, but it's mike holmgren:) I would def like to get the inside scoop on this--more info please:D

"Hiding the SB scheme"??????? I don't get it. Is BB supposed to open up the playbook to share with opposing coaches? Am I missing something here?

mtbykr said:
Not to nitpick, but it's mike holmgren:) I would def like to get the inside scoop on this--more info please:D

Not to nitpick, but that is nitpicking :)

I meant the fat arrogant whiny baby in Seattle. If anyone has some more dirt let us know.

Last edited:
Maybe he thinks that BB did something to make Donavan
barf.gif

shmessy said:
"Hiding the SB scheme"??????? I don't get it. Is BB supposed to open up the playbook to share with opposing coaches? Am I missing something here?
I think I read something about the Patriots having more closed practices than they were supposed to. Or something like that. Whatever, Bill's goal isn't to make friends with opposing coaches.

ESPN is fabricating controversy to hype what they perceive to be an otherwise boring matchup. They are shameless.

cstjohn17 said:
Not to nitpick, but that is nitpicking :)

I meant the fat arrogant whiny baby in Seattle. If anyone has some more dirt let us know.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of him like that.

Maybe he's jacked up about BB cutting Childress' son Bam.

Patriotic said:
Maybe he's jacked up about BB cutting Childress' son Bam.
hahahhaaha:singing: :singing:
dammnit i wanted to say that but i think everyone in this thread already ignored me so there's no point.

cstjohn17 said:
...the Parcells tree (Belichick, etc.)...

For the love of all that is holy please don't put BB on a Parcells tree. Do you know which of the two was coaching in the NFL first? Please read Education of a Coach and you'll appreciate the insanity of such a statement. BB's tree is branched and tall, and Parcells is but a hanging leaf that's probably fallen off.

The idea of Childress "tweaking" BB is absurd. BB is already five steps ahead of Childress' next move, and any attempts at mind games by Childress is a waste of his time and amusement to BB. In comparison with Bellichick, Childress is a mental midget to the degree of Michu or Nelson Delarosa.

Isaac said:
For the love of all that is holy please don't put BB on a Parcells tree. Do you know which of the two was coaching in the NFL first? Please read Education of a Coach and you'll appreciate the insanity of such a statement. BB's tree is branched and tall, and Parcells is but a hanging leaf that's probably fallen off.
Agreed, Parcells is a one-trick pony, confrontational motivator. He built his career on his abrasive personality and diverting attention from his talented coordinators( Bellichick and Ehrhardt) who did all the heavy lifting.

zippo59 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of him like that.

When you see him moving around do you almost say goo goo ga joob?

I almost said it out loud. Might be a generational thing.:p

Weishuhn said:
Agreed, Parcells is a one-trick pony, confrontational motivator. He built his career on his abrasive personality and diverting attention from his talented coordinators( Bellichick and Ehrhardt) who did all the heavy lifting.

It's not necessary to put down Parcells just because BB's surpassed him.

The fact that you mentioned Erhardt indicates it's not as easy as it looks.

Isaac said:

I hope you're just stretching to make a point. Otherwise you're really revealing an appalling ignorance of football history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back