PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone got a pic of Seymour being held on the almost Eli sack in 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched that play again. Seymour's facemask doesn't get held in the slightest; as he's getting blocked, you can see his head move back for a split second, and not that far - some incidental contact, well after Manning escaped, but no holding onto anything. Hardly the extended "head getting jerked all the way back" as someone on the thread stated.

If the refs HAD called holding on that, they would have been crucified, like they were in the Seattle/Pitt game.

Please put yourselves in the Giants' position.

If the refs had called a hold there on, say, Mankins grabbing Tuck as Tuck had a hold of Brady, LATE in the game during the Super Bowl, with the ball on the Patriots side of the field, you would have been absolutely livid that a ref decided the Super Bowl.

Livid is the feeling you get on a 6 a.m. flight out of Phoenix with most of the passegers being Giants fans chanting "overrated".....

Livid is the feeling you get on a 6 a.m. flight out of Phoenix with most of the passegers being Giants fans chanting "overrated".....

Ouch. 10 char.

They should have just chanted: Our team isn't as good as you think because we just barely beat a team that wasn't as good as everyone thought.

Isn't that the message behind the chant?

I officiate college football, and in my opinion there is no facemask on that play. Is there holding? Probably, but in my opinion down the stretch you only call train wrecks.

I'm a huge Pats fan, that play wasn't what decided the game, but to me it signified that the Giants were going to win. A bunch of things had to go right for them on that play, not JUST the non-call, how about the catch with Rodney whacking Tyree's arms?

Pats lost, the O-line got beat up good ALL game, not just in the 4th quarter. Matt Light had too many false starts. The Pats hadn't been called for holding in the previous two games, do you honestly think they had not held on any play in either of those games? We as Pats fans CANNOT whine about one play with a non-call and say that's why we lost, it's really intellectually weak.

O'Hara's hand is underneath Seymour's facemask and he is able to control him and pull him away and then later push him away. If he is not holding onto his facemask then WTF is in his hand? Because he has a good enough hold on something to pull him away.

Watch the friggin replay. We have a mixture of traumatized Pats fans who don't want to look at it because it hurts too much and ******ed trolls who don't know WTF they are talking about.

Remember how our defense always steps up in crunch time? Well here is where they tried to do it this time. The only problem is that they all got held and no one had the balls to call it.

For some reason you are all willing to penalize the Pats because they weren't ahead by more points. Somehow winning a game isn't enough anymore. Apparently unless they win by 20 we don't have any right to complain about crappy calls? Eff that.

If the Pats stopped the Giants in that last drive, would you say they didn't deserve to win because they didn't score more points? Well they WOULD HAVE stopped them if they were not held on this play. How many points do the Pats have to be ahead before we have the right to complain about blatant holding on 3 of our DL including holding one by the facemask?

Everyone is pissing themselves over what a "miracle" play this was. This play was BS. Manning should have been sacked and he would have been if it were not for the holding.

O'Hara's hand is underneath Seymour's facemask and he is able to control him and pull him away and then later push him away. If he is not holding onto his facemask then WTF is in his hand? Because he has a good enough hold on something to pull him away.

Watch the friggin replay. We have a mixture of traumatized Pats fans who don't want to look at it because it hurts too much and ******ed trolls who don't know WTF they are talking about.

Remember how our defense always steps up in crunch time? Well here is where they tried to do it this time. The only problem is that they all got held and no one had the balls to call it.

For some reason you are all willing to penalize the Pats because they weren't ahead by more points. Somehow winning a game isn't enough anymore. Apparently unless they win by 20 we don't have any right to complain about crappy calls? Eff that.

If the Pats stopped the Giants in that last drive, would you say they didn't deserve to win because they didn't score more points? Well they WOULD HAVE stopped them if they were not held on this play. How many points do the Pats have to be ahead before we have the right to complain about blatant holding on 3 of our DL including holding one by the facemask?

Everyone is pissing themselves over what a "miracle" play this was. This play was BS. Manning should have been sacked and he would have been if it were not for the holding.

Please stop crying, Pats would have won the game if..

Samuel catches the int.
Harrison catches the int.
Pats could run the ball and take time off clock on last scoring drive.
O-line could have blocked better
Matt Light didn't false start twice.

Pats didn't execute, THAT'S why they lost. STOP BLAMING THE REFS, YOU SOUND LIKE A BABY.

Please stop crying, Pats would have won the game if..

Samuel catches the int.
Harrison catches the int.
Pats could run the ball and take time off clock on last scoring drive.
O-line could have blocked better
Matt Light didn't false start twice.

Pats didn't execute, THAT'S why they lost. STOP BLAMING THE REFS, YOU SOUND LIKE A BABY.

All of that is irrelevant.

Was this holding or not? This is supposedly one of the greatest plays in SB history. It is BS. He would have been sacked if the Giants did not break the rules. This is not a ticky tacky crap holding call like the one against Watson. This is the most important play of the game and Seymour is getting his head yanked on by O'Hara.

You are going to have this play shoved up your ass 10 times a year for the rest of your life. People need to take a closer look at it before they get on their knees for Manning (yet again).

This is worse than the Ben Dreith call.

All of that is irrelevant.

Was this holding or not? This is supposedly one of the greatest plays in SB history. It is BS. He would have been sacked if the Giants did not break the rules. This is not a ticky tacky crap holding call like the one against Watson. This is the most important play of the game and Seymour is getting his head yanked on by O'Hara.

You are going to have this play shoved up your ass 10 times a year for the rest of your life. People need to take a closer look at it before they get on their knees for Manning (yet again).

This is worse than the Ben Dreith call.

Total denial. So bad his brain is making him see things that didn't actually happen.

Sad.

Total denial. So bad his brain is making him see things that didn't actually happen.

Sad.

Maybe if you get your head out of your ass and watch the replay you will see what is going on.

O'Hara's hand is underneath Seymour's facemask and he pulls Seymour's head. What was he holding onto that he could get enough leverage to move his head at all?

Maybe if you get your head out of your ass and watch the replay you will see what is going on.

O'Hara's hand is underneath Seymour's facemask and he pulls Seymour's head. What was he holding onto that he could get enough leverage to move his head at all?

I've watched that play a couple of dozen times, in slo mo.

Seymour's head jerks back slightly, for less than a second. The defender pulls his hand off the jersey & knocks it into Seymour's facemask; very incidental contact. There would have been a huge outcry if the refs called something that ticky tacky. AND it was after Eli escaped.

You've just gotta learn to deal.

So many Giant Trolls on this Board

So many people afraid to break out of the politically correct mode, which is to kiss the Giants a** and praise them

So many people who use the you are whining BS

We get it, the game is over and the Giants won

BUT the lack of a holding call was a TERRIBLE non call, which cost the Patriots the game in all likelihood

Hey, don't take my word for it; use your own eyes. The picture posted earlier on this thread.

Tell me that this represents something the referees should call in the last 2 minutes of a Superbowl (or anytime, for that matter).

Last edited by a moderator:
BUT the lack of a holding call was a TERRIBLE non call, which cost the Patriots the game in all likelihood

And the blatant push-off OPI non-call catch for a long gain earlier in the game. That's the one I can't get over. I've seen Moss get called for OPI for much, much less during the reg. season.

Re: Why will no one say it? Patriots lost the game because

Oh COME on...are you seriously going to whine about this? The Giant defensive line was being held ALL NIGHT by the would be offensive line of the Pats. It was comical. Oh but those calls don't matter. Pure sour grapes

You are an idiot. Giants defensive line was being held? Um, they bull rushed right over the Patriot offensive line. There was no time to hold them...

So what is it...First you say a face mask and now a hold...The picture sure doesn't show it. You can't show a head jerk in a still photograph. I know because I am a photographer

Look it wasn't just this non-call on the blatant hold on Big Sey. How about Carey not blowing the whistle on the Pierre Woods fumble recovery, he was literally on the ball with posession and Giants on top of him and no whistle. Then you had the offensive pushoff against Hobbs for a big 30 yard gain that wasn't called either.

The Giants won, I won't take that away from them. But let's be honest here and call it like it is, the Giants clearly benefited from 3 major, major NON-CALLS/whistles.

Look, are we better than the Giants?, of course we are. Yet on that day between the Patriots complacency when they took the field and the official's non-calls, we weren't. The Giants had more heart and fire and clearly wanted it more. But I guarantee you that the odds of the Patriots winning the SB next year compared to the Giants is overwhelming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Look it wasn't just this non-call on the blatant hold on Big Sey. How about Carey not blowing the whistle on the Pierre Woods fumble recovery, he was literally on the ball with posession and Giants on top of him and no whistle. Then you had the offensive pushoff against Hobbs for a big 30 yard gain that wasn't called either.

The Giants won, I won't take that away from them. But let's be honest here and call it like it is, the Giants clearly benefited from 3 major, major NON-CALLS/whistles.

You guys need to watch this game again. The rewriting of history has begun.

Woods never clearly had control of the ball. He was on top of it, but his hands were not around the ball. I have watched that play a dozen times; if they reviewed it, it would not have been overturned.

You guys need to watch this game again. The rewriting of history has begun.

Woods never clearly had control of the ball. He was on top of it, but his hands were not around the ball. I have watched that play a dozen times; if they reviewed it, it would not have been overturned.

How about the Ellis Hobbs non call on the pushoff? That was as clear as day and it was a huge gain.

How about the Ellis Hobbs non call on the pushoff? That was as clear as day and it was a huge gain.

Honestly, that is the one bad no call I saw from this game. And it lead to no points.

If you want to hang your hat on 'we would've won if the ref had just called that PI on Toomer in the 1st half,' have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST