PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone got a pic of Seymour being held on the almost Eli sack in 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why will no one say it? Patriots lost the game because

The hand is BELOW the facemask

The hand is underneath his facemask and he has a good hold because he gives Seymour a good yank that jerks his head when he is trying to wrap up Manning.

You know its amazing. If the Patriots went 10-6 this year and fought their way on the road to the Superbowl to face the Giants this blatant holding would be all anyone is talking about.

Because we went 18-0 and had the greatest offense of all time, and because we did not score 50 points or blow out the Giants, this blatant non call is OK. Somehow it is the Patriots fault for not blowing out their opponent.

How many times has BB said that winning football games is hard and that you just can't blow everyone out? Everyone is so willing to accept the fact that the Giants outplayed us and that we deserved to lose. Well up until this point of the game we were ahead by 4 points. Exactly how many points did we have to be ahead by before blatant penalties are not OK?

Because we went 18-0 and had the greatest offense of all time, and because we did not score 50 points or blow out the Giants, this blatant non call is OK. Somehow it is the Patriots fault for not blowing out their opponent.

What I've been saying all along, thank you!

Our lack of offensive fireworks or meeting expectations does NOT justify such a non-call. Fact was we were winning before the call which is all we could ask for.

The Refs did not call the blatant Holding on Seymour and Thomas on Manning's pass.

Sorry but BAD no call.

The game hinged on that and the referees no call basically breathed new life into the Giants.

This lack of a call was at least as bad as the phantom roughing the passer against Ray Hamilton in 1976 against the Raiders.

Every one is tip toeing around this. PC opinion is that the Giants deserved to win

did they????

Oh brother :rolleyes: Accept we lost the game and move on you cry baby. You sound like a colts fan. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

The Pat line held all night. If they hadn't Brady would have been carried out of there.
WRONG...If they had held teh rushers wouldn't have got to him as much..

The Refs did not call the blatant Holding on Seymour and Thomas on Manning's pass.

Sorry but BAD no call.

The game hinged on that and the referees no call basically breathed new life into the Giants.

This lack of a call was at least as bad as the phantom roughing the passer against Ray Hamilton in 1976 against the Raiders.

Every one is tip toeing around this. PC opinion is that the Giants deserved to win

did they????
crying about refs isnt allowed .thats what charger fans do.

I have to agree here with C L V....

He might be the only rational one here atm.

Bottom line....

Woulda, shoulda, coulda, DIDNT!

The game was lost.. not on that play. The team lost that game, not the coaches or the refs.

It was lost in the trenches between the hashmarks all game long.

I know it sucks to have that dangled in front of your face and pulled away, but the only blame lies on the field.

EPIC FAIL. That is the bottom line. The greatest egg to be layed in all NFL history.

You'll be back next year.... everyone knows it.

It's so weird that people are looking at that picture & saying "blatant facemask."

Take a closer look; he doesn't have so much as a pinkie on the facemask. His hand is on the jersey, and it's not grabbing anything.

It's so weird that people are looking at that picture & saying "blatant facemask."

Take a closer look; he doesn't have so much as a pinkie on the facemask. His hand is on the jersey, and it's not grabbing anything.

exactly.. these people are drunk... he has his hand on the collar. perfectly legal.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
If only other fanbases were as maniacal as this, we could show you the same. Every play could be broken down like this, and egregious infractions could be seen. But seriously, these grainy still photos show squat. Are you the one that signed the petiton to have the last 1:40 replayed? Absolutely great!

All we need now is a still photo of a twig sticking out of the water in some lake in Scotland...............

Well...I got that nauseous feeling again...

So what is it...First you say a face mask and now a hold...The picture sure doesn't show it. You can't show a head jerk in a still photograph. I know because I am a photographer

He was holding him BY his facemask.

Watch this video from :33 to :37. Watch where his hand is and watch him jerk Seymour's head and then after Manning escapes push Seymour away with his facemask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrJu3gLS5Pg

crying about refs isnt allowed .thats what charger fans do.

Apparently not. So far there's 3 pages on this thread and several other threads on the same call.....A SINGLE CALL! You guys didnt lose because of a single call and if any opposing fan attempted to say the same, you guys would jump all over him. The words "whaa, whaa, whaa" come to mind, which many a Pats fan used this year. It was a frustrating lose Im sure, but going back and disecting every play will make you insane. It's best just to move on.

First of all the game is over Pats lost, all us Pats fans just have to accept it if we haven't already. Second now that I look at the picture, I think Green putting his arm down on Seymour's made it harder for him to hold onto Eli. i can only imgaine how hard it is to hold onto a guy with one arm and then you're adding on the weight and force of Green's arm on top of that I'm not too surprised that Seymour wasn't able to hold on. Them's the breaks, 19-0 in 2008-2009.

Last edited:
Watch Jarvis Green on that video. There should have been no effin way that manning escapes his clutches. He had the best shot at taking him down, and just didn't use both arms to do it.

Excruciatingly painful to watch.

Them's the breaks, 19-0 in 2008-2009.

You know as well as I do that is a pipe dream. I know how you feel, but that chance won't come around again in a long time for any team.

fail.jpg

Last edited:
they held on every friggin play - thats why we lost, we will be back on top of the mountain next year - san diego will plummett with a gutless record setting selfish rb and a classless qb who talks trash to fans - you know you lack class if you make indy fans look good

If you believe that, you know completely nothing about football. if this helps you sleep at night, be my guest. The Giants beat the Pats fair and square and most of the media in the country (except for Boston strangely) agrees.

You know as well as I do that is a pipe dream. I know how you feel, but that chance won't come around again in a long time for any team.

fail.jpg

Who knows? Maybe it will maybe it won't, as of right now, they're undefeated in the 2008-2009 season. It's not inconceivable that the Pats will be better next year, with the 7th overall pick and some cap space to work with. It really depends on how the guys in the locker room pick themselves up after this. I want to believe that they will respond to this and not let it hurt them and knowing TB and BB they will rally around this defeat and all they have to do is pull off 19 one game winning streaks, not so hard don't you think ;)

A REAL man knows what happened, but moves on.

Sh!tty calls?

Absolutely.

Who gives a sh!t?

Next year...

Just move on from this BS...

Just move on.

It's the best thing that you can do.

Just move on.

Donald Trump lost billions of dollars.

He just moves on from the past.

You never get ahead by always looking in the rearview.

WGAF?

Just move on.

You'll be better off for doing it.

Just move on.

Last edited:
This thread is sad. We didn't lose because of the refs, we lost because our offense couldn't get its act together until it was behind late in the game and our defense couldn't make any of like 6 plays in one single drive to seal the game. Stop whining already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft