PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone got a pic of Seymour being held on the almost Eli sack in 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch this replay from another thread. I wasn't looking for a facemask but it was plain as day. You can start at 7:35ish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18cHJGq2HO0

As the announcer says, "I don't know how he got out of it!" it shows a giant's right hand in Seymour's mask holding him by the facemask from wrapping up around Eli. Seymour ends up facing the giants player instead of Eli because his head is being ripped away from where he's trying to go.

Last edited:
I've watched that play in slo mo on the big screen about a dozen times, from every different angle.

No facemask. There isn't even a slight hold.

and got just a little more luck and a little better "no looks" from the refs

You really are a Tool bag arent you?

My God man anyone can disect the game frame by frame and find "non calls" on BOTH sides of the ball

I know what it is, you felt it was a God given right to win this game didn't you? You do realize that the pats where ONLY called for about 8 holding calls against their O Line all year, now skippy try and tell me how that was possible?

No looks by the Refs? Please the Refs allowed the game to be played and thats all ANY of us fans can hope for.

Face it you got your butts handed to you by a team that wanted it more

Sure you could. But your a nothing troll so I wouldn't give a flying frak if you did.

Listen moron. I have faced reality. Idiots like yourself are the ones who haven't. I admitted that the Pats got beat. That doesn't change the fact that the Officials missed 2 CLEAR MAJOR CALLS on that last play. THAT is reality. I wish you idiots could understand that, but I know that is asked too much.

How about you do the research since you are the idiot making the claim? I bet you that there were a lot more than 8-10 times over the season. And, as I said moron, the HOLDING wasn't the issue. The intentional face masks were.

You need to get your head examined sfbs. I am NOT whining. I am pointing out REALITY. As for the Toomer call, if you weren't such a POS Troll and had been on the board then, You'd have seen that I said it WASN'T Toomer who should have been called for the foul. There WAS another Giant player who should have been called because he was the one who tripped Eckel.
Look toolbag, first the calm down it is just a game
Second sorry NO ONE tripped Eckel, but thats in the past the Pats won the Giants lost.
Third, Troll? Hardly try looking at some of my other posts I have given MAJOR props to the Pats and their fanbase, just when blind homers pull crap out I respond and thats my right.
Fourth go ahead look it up 8-10 times I can not recall which, but the reality is your Oline was only called that many times, believe it or not I really do not care.

You can cry aboutr your facts ALL you want, thats your right but TRY to be objective about it, any of us can disect the tape and find the non calls on BOTH sides, but the fact is the game is over. You lost get over it

Last edited:
I officiate college football, and in my opinion there is no facemask on that play. Is there holding? Probably, but in my opinion down the stretch you only call train wrecks.

I'm a huge Pats fan, that play wasn't what decided the game, but to me it signified that the Giants were going to win. A bunch of things had to go right for them on that play, not JUST the non-call, how about the catch with Rodney whacking Tyree's arms?

Pats lost, the O-line got beat up good ALL game, not just in the 4th quarter. Matt Light had too many false starts. The Pats hadn't been called for holding in the previous two games, do you honestly think they had not held on any play in either of those games? We as Pats fans CANNOT whine about one play with a non-call and say that's why we lost, it's really intellectually weak.
You sir are very knowledgable and offer, in my opinion, some of the best posts on this board matter of fact your posts are one of the reasons I just can not talk smack to you folks (outside of the blind homers of course).

I enjoy your perspective

All of that is irrelevant.

Was this holding or not? This is supposedly one of the greatest plays in SB history. It is BS. He would have been sacked if the Giants did not break the rules. This is not a ticky tacky crap holding call like the one against Watson. This is the most important play of the game and Seymour is getting his head yanked on by O'Hara.

You are going to have this play shoved up your ass 10 times a year for the rest of your life. People need to take a closer look at it before they get on their knees for Manning (yet again).

This is worse than the Ben Dreith call.
You really are pitifull arent you?

I suggest a hobby outside of football as you seem to need it.

Give credit where credit is due and stop embaressing yourself in such a public manner.

Re: Why will no one say it? Patriots lost the game because

How about the Ellis Hobbs non call on the pushoff? That was as clear as day and it was a huge gain.
THAT one I give you, I even said at the time "Man thats Offensive PI amd I can not believe they did not call it" but than as the game went on I saw it from Moss a few times and realized they where letting them play.
But I really will give you that one as the hand was to the face and, even as a Giants fan, I think the Refs did blow that call

Close games like these boil down to a couple of plays.Without question Seymour was held.

If the NE OL pulled that crap and won there would outrage on how they cheated to win. People in NY are oblivious to the hold.

All this moaning from a team who's whole dynasty can be traced to the "tuck" rule. Unreal.

Last edited:
Haven't checked in for a couple days, and I'm shocked this thread is churning toward 10,000 views........let it drop, fer crissakes.

All this moaning from a team who's whole dynasty can be traced to the "tuck" rule. Unreal.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, You worthless RAIDER Troll! HA HA HA HA! Wanna stop by Gillette and see our Lombardi! HA HA HA HA!:singing:

Last edited:
You really are pitifull arent you?

I suggest a hobby outside of football as you seem to need it.

Give credit where credit is due and stop embaressing yourself in such a public manner.

GFY

twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back