PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Really Nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems like every important game vs the Ravens the ball bounces their way

This is actually the first playoff game I've probably ever waited for, outside of our Divisional against Tebow's Broncos, where I am not nervous at all.

Patriots are winning this game. I feel like if I didn't want to watch the game, I could just go out, come back home, and check to see how much we beat them by.

Just how I feel for this one.

It just seems like every important game vs the Ravens the ball bounces their way

Yeah but honestly, our defense really sucked before. These last few seasons have been Tom and the offense dragging most of the rest of the team along for the ride. Thats the only reason these Raven games have been close. They've been complete Raven teams versus Tom's incomplete teams.

Ravens are in trouble this time.

If you are looking for comfort I can give you a bit right now. There best receiver is Steve Smith. You won't be able to find Steve smith with binoculars tommorow with Revis on his ass. If Flacco goes that way, lord help him. There second best reciever is Torre Smith. How do you feel about Browner beating the **** out of him with Mcourtey over the top? Where else are they gonna go with the ball? Throw it to the tight end every play? There not gonna run 40 times and kill us with forsett. I can't see them scoring more than 17 tell you the truth.

Thanks guys
If you are looking for comfort I can give you a bit right now. There best receiver is Steve Smith. You won't be able to find Steve smith with binoculars tommorow with Revis on his ass. If Flacco goes that way, lord help him. There second best reciever is Torre Smith. How do you feel about Browner beating the **** out of him with Mcourtey over the top? Where else are they gonna go with the ball? Throw it to the tight end every play? There not gonna run 40 times and kill us with forsett. I can't see them scoring more than 17 tell you the truth.

Now that you put it this way... It's gonna make me sleep tonight... Owen Daniels
26 catches
278 yards
3 Tds???

Lol

You have probably been listening to sports radio all week. It's their job to make everyone feel like the Pats are going to lose to keep people interested all week. Lets see last time they played wasn't 2012 it was last year and the Pats won 41-7 without Gronk, Wilfork, Revis and Browner. Why be nervous?
Oddly enough, the talk radio has seemed to have an opposite effect on me. When I first realized that the Ravens were going to beat the Steelers, I immediately got this sick feeling in my stomach. I was really really nervous for a couple of days, but listening to talk radio and reading the forums have actually started to ground me a bit.

Basically, I've been getting more confident the more I actually think about the match-up and hear analysis. I think that the initial effect most people are having is just "Oh crap, it's the Ravens!", but when you consider it, we should be more confident than we have in years. Just my two cents.

Of course, I am nervous. I'm nervous before EVERY Pats game.

That being said, I'm a lot more confident about us winning Saturday, than I was with the 12' team winning. Our O-line worries me and I predict an ugly game, but ultimately, I think we'll get out alive.

And yes, I agree with MossWelkowski, this game may very well be tougher for us than the AFFCG will be. The Colts are way less physical than the Ravens and have a weaker D, and I can't say I trust this incarnation of the Broncos to come into Gilette and beat us, unless something crippling happens to us during Saturday's game or unless Manning reverts back to his first-half of the regular season form and plays a nigh-perfect game.

Just really nervous about brady happy feet and brady INTs

Did you guys feel confident before 2012 game too? Jw

Who was playing in our secondary that game?

Is Ed Reed or Ray Lewis playing this Saturday?

Sleep well and be grouchy Saturday.

This is GREAT Seahawk preparation.

Remember the deer in the headlights Manning face in last year's SB? He had faced DL's nothing like Seattles in the run up to the SB last year - - SD and NE's depleted weak DL's. Joe Vellano and Chris Jones were not good sparring partners to get Denver ready.

You'll look back on drawing the Ravens for this game as being a real gift for the Patriots OL in their prep for SB49.

This should put you at ease. Tom Brady today:

"I know exactly what to wear. I know how many layers to wear every degree," Brady said. "I'm a [bleeping] machine, man, I'm a [bleeping] machine! C'mon baby!"

Ravens in serious trouble. Psycho Tom incoming.

This is GREAT Seahawk preparation.

Remember the deer in the headlights manning face in last year's SB?

You'll look back on drawing the Ravens for this game as being a real gift for the Patriots OL in their prep for SB49.

If our pass rush shows some promise and our O-line holds up well enough, we are gonna be prepared for whatever team comes out of the NFC (our O-line is gonna be tested Saturday. If we win, our D will be tested again in the AFCCG, though I have confidence that they will pass that test without too much hassle).

Though I do agree, it's gonna be Seattle we face if we are able to make SB, unless Rodgers is able to pull out 2 consecutive HOF worthy games (Against Dallas, he can totally do so. Against the Hawks? I doubt it.)

rMeSq08.jpg

I hope Tom is in this type of mood following Saturday's game, an I hope this mood continues into the remainder of the season.
XSMLDJc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe