PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Really Nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe's never had receivers like Moss, Lloyd and Gronk ever either, so he's made the most of what he has had to work with and the guy just wins. Lucky for us he started the first game his rookie season due to injuries and never looked back. Granted, he doesn't put up the gowdy numbers but it works for us. Plus, the guy is only 29, so he'll be around for a while and should continue to improve.

Yes. One. Doesn't mean he's been bad, just means he hasn't exactly been winning on his own. As I also said, Boldin was out of his mind in 2012, not only making plays but saving Joe's bacon after a terrible throw on numerous occasions.

Brady has been lousy several times in the past five years. 2009 wasn't his fault, but he was part of the problem in 2010 and 2011. 2012 was all about the receivers dropping first downs, but Tom himself screwed the pooch down the stretch on what should have been a TD drive at the end of the first half. Brady wasn't great last year, but that team was incredibly beat up. That is a 5-11 season for most teams, the fact that NE got to the AFCCG is a credit to them, not a detriment.
I Think Brady is one of the best ever, and without him over the years you might not have ever won a SB. He's that once in a lifetime QB that all the other NFL teams wish they had. From the other threads, I agree he needs to win another SB to go down as the best ever. How many years do you guys think Brady has left in the tank? It looks like Manning has really hit the wall the second half of the year and wouldn't be surprised if the Colts won.

I'm always tense before a playoff game regardless of the opponent. Baltimore doesn't make me anymore nervous than the next team. I feel confident knowing this time they will have Gronkowski healthy and Revis out there this time.

Anyone that compares this team against Baltimore teams of the past,1-2 record etc, can just suck it. So sick of hearing the line of bs this week. Anybody with a brain can tell the roster turnaround is vastly changed except for the coaches, QBs and a few other players. Can't wait until this game is over and done with. I just want to hear those words "We're moving onto Denver/Colts."

It all comes down to Brady. He has to NOT throw picks in playoffs.

Just thought to post this as we as fans will never stop with this team.

GO PATS.

I'm bealiving! Today is just going by to slow. Let's start this game already.

yup, pretty nervous. whenever i feel like this, the pats always come out and annihilate the opposition.
hope that happens again!!

I had a dream last night that we lost in the SuperBowl to the Giants again. The score was something like 59 to 45 lol. I felt sick to my stomach within my dream - like genuinely distraught and devastated.

Would be nice if Brady could start today by ending* his career the way it started: with 10 straight post-season wins and 3 SuperBowls. I don't think I can handle 1 more post-season loss.

Definitely nervous but more because i just want it to start rather than think of the possiblities

I'm bealiving! Today is just going by to slow. Let's start this game already.

The morning went by pretty fast for me, I hope I can say the same about the afternoon. Friends are coming over about an hour before kickoff so it's just making time fly for the next four hours.

No matter who they play, I think I will always convince myself it was the worst possible matchup. Even if the matchup was against the Bengals, I would have thought "well, they looked pretty good against Denver a few weeks ago..."

Joe's never had receivers like Moss, Lloyd and Gronk ever either, so he's made the most of what he has had to work with and the guy just wins. Lucky for us he started the first game his rookie season due to injuries and never looked back. Granted, he doesn't put up the gowdy numbers but it works for us. Plus, the guy is only 29, so he'll be around for a while and should continue to improve.

Boldin, Pitta, Mason and Rice are not slouches. I still have not been convinced that the Ravens can score more than 13. Other than KC in week 4 not O has really put the pain on NE and while the Ravens D is solid their O is just OK IMO.

The morning went by pretty fast for me, I hope I can say the same about the afternoon. Friends are coming over about an hour before kickoff so it's just making time fly for the next four hours.
Nice, I hope it goes fast for you but I have a feeling the hours will be getting longer and longer the closer to kick off we get.

I had a dream last night that we lost in the SuperBowl to the Giants again. The score was something like 59 to 45 lol. I felt sick to my stomach within my dream - like genuinely distraught and devastated.

Would be nice if Brady could start today by ending* his career the way it started: with 10 straight post-season wins and 3 SuperBowls. I don't think I can handle 1 more post-season loss.

A few days ago I had a dream that NE scratched and clawed their way to a TD against Seattle, making a game out of what was before a 17-7 deficit.

I have been nervous all week. Its the playoffs, how can you not be? But now that it is game day I am calm and confident that this team will kick ass today. I'm so excited i dont know how the hell I'm going to wait til 4:30

NOPE im so amped.. I think we are going to dominate! LETS GO BABYY IM SO PUMPPPEDDD

I'm always nervous before a playoff game, appetite down and everything same as always. I am also a bit nervous watching how impressive certain Ravens were last week especially Flacoo who always seems to step up this time of year. That said, I do realize we're a much different team from Pittsburgh especially without Bell. Can't wait to see us get out there and see how we look on both sides of the ball, first matchup of the year is always interesting.

Past matchups really mean nothing to me I'm mainly worried about their front seven giving our offense fits.

Always nervous before a playoff game although it's quickly turning to anger/annoyance watching the NFL network coverage. They keep talking about the Raven's "resiliency" for all they've "gone through." Really? They've gone through trying to cover up the extent of their RB punching out his wife and their NT getting suspended for PEDs. Are they kidding with this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe