PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else giving up their season tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really say that I blame you. The economy is a b!tch. I would love to have season tickets but I'm in college, working full time, and paying rent. Needless to say I'm bleeding money. Hopefully I can make millions one day, though, and obtain season tickets with a private jet so I can fly to Foxboro on gamedays from the Caribbean.

:rocker:

Amen brotha

Gainzo, this isn't just an American thing, it's a trend worldwide with elite sport. The administrators/owners of teams have taken sport away from the family and put it solely in the hands of those willing to spend large dollars.

Dad wants to stick with em for another season. I think as long as the best QB in the league is playing he will still want to go to the games. I make fewer trips back east every season but still enjoy going. Yes it's not the same as the old stadium but the crew in the nose bleeds are the same kind of blue collar "real" fans that used to go to the games before Gillette. We are lucky enough to have relatives in Foxboro so we don't have to pay to park. I really don't think we would go if we had to pay the extra $40-50 per game.

Hopefully there will be another championship run in the next 2-4 years. I think that's all they have left. The window is closing fast...

Pretty soon Gillette will be as corporate as the SB. I love watching on TV during the kickoff and again at the beginning of the second half and all the red seats are empty. Folks are shaking hands and drinking merlot in the mall.

Easy solution: Eliminate the corporate entertainment/dining tax deduction.

I have never had as good of an experience in gillette as I did in the old stadium.........

in fact, the whole experience has gone downhill since kraft has owned the team..........I use to love being able to sit wherever I wanted

Yeah it was a blast in 1990 watching them go 1-15. You could sit on the front row for $15. Can we have that again? :rolleyes:

Seriously though the price structure for all the sports is out of control not just at Gillette.

I had season tickets from 1979-1981 and them my buddie bailed on me
after the Earhardt 2-14 season.

I got them back in 1987 and this will be my 24th straight year.

I have been through the fights of the late 70's & early 80's.
1979 Labor day season opener against the Steelers.
They opened the gates at noon for a 9pm game.

Who remembers the LA Beer years?

Kraft has done a good job with the team, but I paid 31 dollars for my
tickets in 2001 & when we moved to the new stadium the following
year, I was paying $75. The same seats are now costs $117.

People love a winner, but they will not spend top dollar to watch a loser.

The waiting list may be 50,000 but a losing season will see that
list disapear the same way the Celtics waiting list disapeared after
Bird retired.

The Celtics did not even sell out their $10 tickets for some of those
lousy seasons prior to Garnett joining the team.

When Brady & Belichick retire and the team hits the skids, you may need
direct-tv to watch a sunday game. They are going to have a tough time
selling out if the team goes through back to back losing seasons.

The club seat owners will be the first rats to desert the sinking ship.

I am keeping my tickets because I have two young children (I am an old dad of 48).
I am looking forward to taking my kids to the games in a couple years.
I also plan to turn the tickets over to the kids in about 15-20 years.

Then again... plans can change.

Last edited:
Yeah it was a blast in 1990 watching them go 1-15. You could sit on the front row for $15. Can we have that again? :rolleyes:

Seriously though the price structure for all the sports is out of control not just at Gillette.

not every year was like 1990........I mean in the 1980's, the pats had more winning seasons than losing ones, and most of the games were like that

I had season tickets from 1979-1981 and them my buddie bailed on me
after the Earhardt 2-14 season.

I got them back in 1987 and this will be my 24th straight year.

I have been through the fights of the late 70's & early 80's.
1979 Labor day season opener against the Steelers.
They opened the gates at noon for a 9pm game.

Who remembers the LA Beer years?

Kraft has done a good job with the team, but I paid 31 dollars for my
tickets in 2001 & when we moved to the new stadium the following
year, I was paying $75. The same seats are now costs $117.

People love a winner, but they will not spend top dollar to watch a loser.

The waiting list may be 50,000 but a losing season will see that
list disapear the same way the Celtics waiting list disapeared after
Bird retired.

The Celtics did not even sell out their $10 tickets for some of those
lousy seasons prior to Garnett joining the team.

When Brady & Belichick retire and the team hits the skids, you may need
direct-tv to watch a sunday game. They are going to have a tough time
selling out if the team goes through back to back losing seasons.

The club seat owners will be the first rats to desert the sinking ship.

I am keeping my tickets because I have two young children (I am an old dad of 48).
I am looking forward to taking my kids to the games in a couple years.
I also plan to turn the tickets over to the kids in about 15-20 years.

Then again... plans can change.

my dad got season tickets when foxboro first opened (15 min away) .... I shared with my bro through college in the 80's and then gave 'em up in the early 90's when the kiddies started showing up.......been to plenty of games since because of my connections to other season ticket holders...I had a buddy live adjacent to the club seat entrance on North St.....got PC'd one time at the train station......it ain't' what it used to be......better in some ways, watered down in others......

seats that cheerleaders can barely fit into.
Ever go to Shaeffer/Sullivan stadium? These seats are heavenly compared to the aluminum benches with the red lines painted across them...

I've lurked here for years before deciding to join recently. I remember the OP had a very similar thread last year. BFD, give them up or don't, who cares.

I'll be 38 in October and I've had my tickets since 1992. Time for me to step down and let the people who want to go to Foxboro take my place.

If anyone wants to give Bob Kraft $5,000 by March 31st let me know.
My apologies if I am wrong, but didn't you have a nearly duplictae thread to this topic in 2009 and/or 2008? For some reason I thought you had already given your tickets up, but I guess I am mistaken.

My apologies if I am wrong, but didn't you have a nearly duplictae thread to this topic in 2009 and/or 2008? For some reason I thought you had already given your tickets up, but I guess I am mistaken.

you're not wrong. do a quick search for his posts and you'll see that almost every one of his posts is about ticket prices. blah blah blah. i wish he would just drop them already, it helps me move up the list.

you're not wrong. do a quick search for his posts and you'll see that almost every one of his posts is about ticket prices. blah blah blah. i wish he would just drop them already, it helps me move up the list.

They are all yours mate if you want them. Please send me a cheque for $5,107 please.

They are all yours mate if you want them. Please send me a cheque for $5,107 please.

sure, I'll get right on that. :rolleyes: or you can just give them up like other people do and i'll get my own eventually and you can stop talking about it.

sure, I'll get right on that. :rolleyes: or you can just give them up like other people do and i'll get my own eventually and you can stop talking about it.

If you want the the tix they are are all yours.

5k is not cheap..... I'd pass and use that $$$ elsewhere.

You get a better experience on the TV versus being their. I see that getting old...... few games a yr why not...

This is another reason why the Kraft family has to update the video boards at the stadium. It's an HD world and those boards are too small and too 1990's

You are going to commute from Montreal to Foxboro on a weekly basis as
a season ticket holder?

I understand this completely! It's a huge financial commitment and in this economy - meh. I have been going to about three home games per year for the last few years and it suits me just fine. I had season tix a long time ago.

Last edited:
You get a better experience on the TV versus being their.

That is the biggest load of crap ever. NOTHING compares to being AT the game. I've attended all but two Patriots home games since 1994 and wouldn't trade my season tickets for the biggest TV in the world. Being at the game you can see the pass patterns develop and line play on both sides (not on TV), what's happening on both benches/along the sidelines, you experience the communal spirit of fellow fans, tailgating, fresh air, and a bunch of other stuff I probably cant think of at the moment. Anyone who thinks television is the superior experience doesn't know how to watch the game or what to look for.

That is the biggest load of crap ever. NOTHING compares to being AT the game. I've attended all but two Patriots home games since 1994 and wouldn't trade my season tickets for the biggest TV in the world. Being at the game you can see the pass patterns develop and line play on both sides (not on TV), what's happening on both benches/along the sidelines, you experience the communal spirit of fellow fans, tailgating, fresh air, and a bunch of other stuff I probably cant think of at the moment. Anyone who thinks television is the superior experience doesn't know how to watch the game or what to look for.

that's great been their and done that a few times....

my dad would laugh at your logic and wasted $$$

sure you get to see routes develop..... That's great ..... tailgating fun ''

1 thing I miss is the tailgating... other than that TV all the way baby.

To each his own I guess... No way I could deal sitting through a season of home games.

Only way i do that is if I buy a BOX... (not happening)

Gillete is no where near Brookline F that ride:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference