PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone concerned about Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am.

A MNF opener, if that doesn't get that team up, nothing will.
They have a solid defense, good corners, Cameron Wake?, and Jared Odrick looks like a beast.
If Chad Henne doesn't give the game away, this will be a tough out.

Definitely.....Doofins always play us tough...especially in Miami....It will be a tough one for the pats to win...

I am concerned for some of the reasons listed in other responses, but also b/c it is the first game, and both sides of the ball (particularly the offense) may take a little bit to get into rhythm. In other words, I'd feel a lot better about going to Miami if it happened in week 3 or 4.

It can be a tough out in Miami, as we have seen, although we have had relative success there of late.

"Any given Sunday," etc etc..

Opening day, at Miami, heat & humidity, every team thinks they can win the division at that time.

what's there to worry about?:eek:

Yup, even the weakest team can put up one good battle a year in the same division. I doubt the Pats lose, but there could be a moment of angst or two when the bridge jumpers will jump during the game.

Absolutely I'm worried but for a different reason, their offensive coach is the same guy that gave us fits in our embarrassment in Cleveland.
I'm expecting him to have a wrinkle or two which catches us off guard.
He was on our staff and if he was one of BB's coaches obviously the guy can coach.
With Henne at a crossroads he could thrive in a system which made Mccoy play against us look like he was Steve Young.
So the way he outcoached us last year and giving him a weapon like Bush and i predict yeightman catches a 2 yd td on us i'm a little worried.
It's all about can we pressure their defense with our front 4 if so we can contain their offense.

Put it down as a loss and move on.

Absolutely I'm worried but for a different reason, their offensive coach is the same guy that gave us fits in our embarrassment in Cleveland.
He was on our staff and if he was one of BB's coaches obviously the guy can coach.
With Henne at a crossroads he could thrive in a system which made Mccoy play against us look like he was Steve Young.
So the way he outcoached us last year and giving him a weapon like Bush and i predict yeightman catches a 2 yd td on us i'm a little worried.
It's all about can we pressure their defense with our front 4 if so we can contain their offense.

I agree. I am worried about the O-line vs C. Wake. If I remember in the first meeting last year he sacked Brady a few times. The win last year was sort of flukey. We got a few gimmie inteceptions for Henne, a kickoff return and a blocked FG for a TD. They were outplaying us in the first half.

This will be a tough game, but I expect a win

I'm only concerned on the basis of how this team comes out. Miami is a bit of a hot mess heading into 2011. Not even sure they can give the JETS the usual fits, although I'm also not sure the JETS will be quite as competitive as they have been. We placed one waiver claim this weekend, and on a LS at that. Teams like Miami and especially the JETS were claiming anything that was breathing... And that speaks volumes about where their own FO and coaching staff believe they stand...

Dolphins only claimed 1 just like you guys. It was the TE the Pats tried to sneak on to the PS.

The fact that nobody has seen the new Offense should cause concern. Don't just think this one will be a pushover for you guys.

i can see us losing this game, but that would almost be a wake up call ala 03 buffal0

Good points about the coaching.

Has anyone seen Odrick play this year? I caught a bit of the last preseason game and he was eating up linemen. I don't think Brady will have all day to sit back and scan the field.

We never seem to play well in Miami so you never know. I guarantee they will be attacking the safeties with fly routes all day

If our front four can pressure the way we've seen through most of the preseason, that might play right into our hands. Fly routes take a while to get open, even against bad safeties.

I'm not worried. But then again, I wasn't worried before Cleveland last year, so you see how much my concern (or lack thereof) matters.

Pats 40
Mammals 13

Miami has traditionally been Brady's house of horrors.

If they can get pressure,Brady will lay a stinky egg and we will lose by 20 plus.

Our defense looks like they are still in 4-3 transition mode. Who knows what the veteran retreads on the DLine will give us or how long until the end up on IR. The secondary is a mess with all the changes at safety, communication will be a challenge.

I like the idea of Solder being the blocking TE, but I wonder a lot about Light's shoulder and his overall conditioning. The WR situation is even more scary. Welker may not be 100%. Ochosucko looks old and unsure of himself. Branch looks older and slower than last season. I like Price,but is he healthy?

I am only concerned in that opening week alway have surprises, this is a divisional game which always can have surprises themselves, and the Pats don't have a great record in Miami. The Pats are a far superior team to Miami and I am not sold on the Dolphins' offense.

I know how Miami fans probably feel like

FunnyPart-com-no_respect.jpg

AND NO I AM UNCONCERNED. They better have that field in good shape unlike last years rained out sod mess (I fear injuries on poor playing surfaces) that is what concerns me w/ miami

Miami has traditionally been Brady's house of horrors.

If they can get pressure,Brady will lay a stinky egg and we will lose by 20 plus.

Our defense looks like they are still in 4-3 transition mode. Who knows what the veteran retreads on the DLine will give us or how long until the end up on IR. The secondary is a mess with all the changes at safety, communication will be a challenge.

I like the idea of Solder being the blocking TE, but I wonder a lot about Light's shoulder and his overall conditioning. The WR situation is even more scary. Welker may not be 100%. Ochosucko looks old and unsure of himself. Branch looks older and slower than last season. I like Price,but is he healthy?

Not saying it can't happen, but Brady has lost @Miami by 20+ twice in his career... once in his 2nd career start in 2001, and the other was 2006 when Caldwell was his #1 receiver. I don't see this year's Miami team beating this Patriots team by 20 points ever.

I'm always concerned heading into games.

On the other hand, their QB is Chad Henne and their starting RB is Reggie Bush.

That makes me a bit more confident.

Last edited:
Opening day, at Miami, heat & humidity, every team thinks they can win the division at that time.

what's there to worry about?:eek:

That's the best time to beat reality into them.:eek:

I think the Pats will win, but I know the Fins could win. This game (or any other game) is not a guaranteed win. Plus it's the season opener. Who knows what will happen?!

I feel like I'm going to explode... one week to go!

Last edited:
Dolphins only claimed 1 just like you guys. It was the TE the Pats tried to sneak on to the PS.

The fact that nobody has seen the new Offense should cause concern. Don't just think this one will be a pushover for you guys.

How, exactly, are the Dolphins going to score points? The offense looks anemic. Henne throwing to a receiving corps with only one explosive receiver and Bush carrying the load behind a so-so offensive line. The Pats are going to put up their typical 27 - 32 points which means that the Fins have to keep up in this game. The re-tooled defensive line of the Pats should be in the Fins' backfield all day. Henne has to have a great day against the Pats' DB kiddie corps.

If 2X pro-bowler Brandon Merriweather can keep everything in front of him, then...what?...Merriweather will be playing against Carolina?!? What?

The Dolphis get paid too.

The Dolphins normally play the Pats tough, plus the first game of the year is often a crap shoot, plus it will be hot as hell down there. Yes, I'm very concerned... as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3