PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone concerned about Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were forced at gunpoint to put $500 on this game and the spread is still
NE -7 I have to take Miami with the points despite my vast hatred for them as a team.

There will probably be a late score in the game that decides the game like perhaps a 21-17 score

Opening day, at Miami, heat & humidity, every team thinks they can win the division at that time.

What's there to worry about?:eek:

Just looked up the forecast for that day and the HIGH is supposed to be 86 with a low of 77.. 40% chance of rain with Scattered Thunderstorms.. (looking at the 10 day forecast, it's like all they did was copy and paste the same thing for 6 straight days).

Miami has a very good defense on paper. The only "weak" link among the starters is Yeremiah Bell at the strong safety position. Whomever their 3rd corner is might also be a weak link..

The Pats are going to have problems with Miami's pass rush of Koa Misi, Cameron Wake and Jason Taylor.. I expect to see some screens to counter them..

Patriots are solid, or at least serviceable, at

QB
RB
OT
OG (assuming Waters is ready)
C
TE
WR

DT
DE
CB
ILB

I think it's fair to say that there's still a question mark at OLB but, beyond that, the only area of real concern is safety. If the safety play is acceptable, Miami shouldn't stand any real chance.

Knowing TB's history vs Miami and what our offense looked like the last time it played a meaningful game, I am concerned a bit. Still confident we are going to get the win though and quite easily.

Whomever their 3rd corner is might also be a weak link..

Is Sean Smith supposed to be good again?

Chris Clemmons doesn't really strike much fear, either.

I'm excited, not concerned.

Hopefully we can see a little offensive balance out there to counteract the Miami pass rush - hopefully 3 of our 4 RB's should be good to go.

Miami does have a strong D, no doubt - but if our defense can bring its preseason form into this game id be pretty confident that we can win a battle of field position when its Brady et al vs Henne et al.

Last edited:
I'm not concerned about Miami, but I am anxious to see how this Patriots team comes out and performs together, on both sides of the ball.

It should be interesting....

Is Sean Smith supposed to be good again?

Chris Clemmons doesn't really strike much fear, either.

Sean Smith is good.. As for Clemmons, Do you think he's a bigger liability than Bell???

And what about their front 7?

Since both teams are 0-0, Hell yeah we should be concerned about division rival Miami...

Miami could be a dangerous team this year. They have talent on defense and their oline isn't bad. I don't think we should write them team off, especially this early in the season.

I think the Pats blow them out. I just don't see them moving the ball against our DL and Mayo.

Sean Smith is good.. As for Clemmons, Do you think he's a bigger liability than Bell???

And what about their front 7?

Clemmons is a liability or at least he was last year. He will split time with Jones. We will see how much they have grown since last season as they are both very young.

I'm not sure where the thought of Bell being a liability came from. He consistantly plays at a probowl level.

Miami Defense is top 5. Nobody is counting on the new offense to do anything. We will see week one.

I'm no different than you guys. I just want to see a game that counts. I hope it is a great game and we all have a good time watching it.:eat2:

Any given sunday and shlt, but I'm curious, what makes you think the Dolphin D is sold, and how does Odrick look like a beast by not playing last year?
We did outscore them 79-21 last year. Not sure what has changed to make me be more concerned that I normally would be against any mediocre team on the road.

Hey Andy.

My comments about Odrick were a snap decision based on watching him man handle the OL man in the last preseason game. I think Miami found a solid 3/4 DE. Time will tell if he is a complete player or not, but the guy has size and skill.

I'm only concerned on the basis of how this team comes out. Miami is a bit of a hot mess heading into 2011. Not even sure they can give the JETS the usual fits, although I'm also not sure the JETS will be quite as competitive as they have been. We placed one waiver claim this weekend, and on a LS at that. Teams like Miami and especially the JETS were claiming anything that was breathing... And that speaks volumes about where their own FO and coaching staff believe they stand...

The Jets put in a claim for depth OL due to Turner's injury, and picked up a S for ST and a WR for depth and ST, Why is this earth shattering, and what does this speak of exactly? No different than the Pats signing Jets scrap players in Ihedigbo, Ellis, and signing Waters off the retirement list.

The Jets put in a claim for depth OL due to Turner's injury, and picked up a S for ST and a WR for depth and ST, Why is this earth shattering, and what does this speak of exactly? No different than the Pats signing Jets scrap players in Ihedigbo, Ellis, and signing Waters off the retirement list.

Cool story bro.

I think Washington may be a loss

We all know what a Shanahan team has done against much of Belichick's tenure here and probably the most equal to his gameplan and intelligence in the league.

Sure Shanahan has a different team but with Haynesworth and his headaches out of the way and IMO that means a better locker room,I think the Redskins can have a decent season

Brady destroyed the Skins in 2007 but lost to them in 2003 so its 1-1 but I don't believe Brady has ever played in Washington yet.

The Redskins feature Rex Grossman at starting QB who had to compete with John Beck for the starting position. I dunno, but Rex Grossman doesn't really seem like such a huge challenge in week 13 when the playoffs and division should be on the line. Shanahan had some excellent Denver teams a few years back when they posed such an obstacle. The Redskins have yet to prove they can get out of their owner's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back