PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone concerned about Miami?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyD123

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Week 1 Miami

Is it too early to talk week one? Hopefuly the Phins will be a weak one as well (rim shot)
The Dolphins are wondering if this is a "Must Win" game for either team?
I have the Patriots going 19-0 so it's a moot question with me.
I'll say the Patriots win 43-13 and put Henne on the sideline by the third quarter. Knocked out of the game, not pulled out, that is.:woohoo:

Re: Week 1 Miami

I hope we Teabag them oh so badly for stealing our PS TE

at least both guys were very slow. We will trample the LOLphins

you can't coach speed and neither 1 had speed. I wish them horrible seasons b/c they went to AFCE teams

I hope they really su ck so they will be PS fodder next year that we can claim if they r waved

Last edited:

It's a business. I'm sure the Patriots are happy for him to make the Dolphins or any squad. I think I see Algie back in the picture :scared:

you can't coach speed and neither 1 had speed. I wish them horrible seasons b/c they went to AFCE teams

I hope they really su ck so they will be PS fodder next year that we can claim if they r waved

Does anyone have any guesses for how many wins the Dolphins will have this year? I get the feeling that everyone's writing them off too easily, which will invariably lead to a half-decent season. Is 8 wins too much? I don't think it's inconceivable for us to lose this game. We usually lose one game per year against them, and the first games are the least predictable.

Nevertheless, I'm stoked!

Last edited:

The fins were 7-9 in 2010. So an 8-8 record this year is
viable. They lost both meeting with the Patriots by a combined
score of 79-21.
Miami needs to upgrade at the QB spot.
Warren, Hainesworth and Willfork will help get that process started :beatingcoming:

I'm taking the Patriots and the points for MNF

Wow, that was fast. You were their #1 fan yesterday, and now they're both too slow to be any good?

I wonder how our CBs are going to match up to their WRs. Is it possible that we put Dowling on Marshall (size matchup) and McCourty on Bess (who's extremely underrated)? That's a lot to ask of Dowling, to say the least, but OTOH it seems like Marshall is exactly the type of WR that he was drafted to cover. Bodden might also not be a bad matchup on him, provided that he's healthy.

Last edited:

I wonder how our CBs are going to match up to their WRs. Is it possible that we put Dowling on Marshall (size matchup) and McCourty on Bess (who's extremely underrated)? That's a lot to ask of Dowling, to say the least, but OTOH it seems like Marshall is exactly the type of WR that he was drafted to cover. Bodden might also not be a bad matchup on him, provided that he's healthy.

I hope McCourty doesn't have a sophomore slump. BB is rolling the dice
on some young talent. McCourty and Chung have the potential to be the
new Law/Harrison combo. :popcorn:

I am.

A MNF opener, if that doesn't get that team up, nothing will.
They have a solid defense, good corners, Cameron Wake?, and Jared Odrick looks like a beast.
If Chad Henne doesn't give the game away, this will be a tough out.

I'm only concerned on the basis of how this team comes out. Miami is a bit of a hot mess heading into 2011. Not even sure they can give the JETS the usual fits, although I'm also not sure the JETS will be quite as competitive as they have been. We placed one waiver claim this weekend, and on a LS at that. Teams like Miami and especially the JETS were claiming anything that was breathing... And that speaks volumes about where their own FO and coaching staff believe they stand...

I am.

A MNF opener, if that doesn't get that team up, nothing will.
They have a solid defense, good corners, Cameron Wake?, and Jared Odrick looks like a beast.
If Chad Henne doesn't give the game away, this will be a tough out.

I believe our last game was an embarassing loss in the Playoffs.
I think the Patriots are primed for a big offensive output.
Take the Pats and the points.

If concerned is the same as FOAMING AT THE MOUTH FROM SHEER OFFSEASON PAIN AND ANGUISH, then yes. Very concerned. Very concerned indeed.

Opening day, at Miami, heat & humidity, every team thinks they can win the division at that time.

What's there to worry about?:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm concerned every game. This is the NFL. Nothing gets handed to you. Don't play well and you're going to get beat.

I am, but that is because I am concerned before every game!

Miami are a little better than last season, but not that good! I am expecting TFB and the O to rip them apart, and the D to feast on the remains!

Gronkowski & Hernandez against the Miami linebackers/safeties is easy completions, on top of that there's Woodhead out of the backfield and Welker as receiving options, if Ochocinco can get open against Vontae Davis that's a bonus too. The only Miami player on offense that could cause any real trouble is Bess, no Marshall who can be taken out of the game by McCourty w/ safety help.

In terms of pass rush, apart from Long the Miami offensive line isn't great - especially the guards so if the Patriots use the 4-3 under look they used against Tampa, Henne will probably have very little time to pass the ball.

I would rather play a playoff team from the previous season in the first week (playing Cinci last year was perfect). The first week of the season is tough and reality has not yet hit in for many teams. I don't think Miaimi is a playoff team - but I expect a tough game. Buffalo has given the Pats a real tough time on opening weekend and I expect Miami will as well.

I think Pats will beat Miami fairly easily the second time they play in Foxboro for reasons pointed out by other posters.

Last edited:
We never seem to play well in Miami so you never know. I guarantee they will be attacking the safeties with fly routes all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back