PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any confidence going into the Week 16 game vs the Ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see, the ravens scored 6 FGs to win against detroit? The op's analysis is correct that we are playing a slightly less motivated team since the ravens won last night and won't be as desperate. However, they are still fighting for a playoff spot and could win the division outright.

We didn't stand a chance against the broncos either, and well you know, stuff happens....

The real question is can our make-shift OL keep Terrell Suggs - Elvis Dumervil - Daryl Smith and Nata off Brady? If you hit any QB includind Brady alot they can be rattled. The Ravens have the kind of Defense that even if we are at full strenght would give us problems. BB should take lessons from Ozzie Newsome when it comes on the Drafting players in the trenches. The Ravens have continuously found good players that they can just plug in along their OL and DL and not skip a beat, they don't have alot deadwood on their Team. Can't say the same for us. The Ravens remind me of those old Parcells Giants Team who just play Great Defense and win ugly. I really hope we win Sunday on paper we are so overmatched thank goodness games are not played on paper.

If Marquice Cole sees the field on defense, no chance. :mad:

Let's see, the ravens scored 6 FGs to win against detroit? The op's analysis is correct that we are playing a slightly less motivated team since the ravens won last night and won't be as desperate. However, they are still fighting for a playoff spot and could win the division outright.

We didn't stand a chance against the broncos either, and well you know, stuff happens....

Remember we had Gronk for those games too.:):(

well, it's a toughie!

I don't think the Ravens are that good. Should be beatable.

But then the patriots....well

Ravens beat a pretty ****ty lions team last night in my opinion. Stafford is highly overrated and there defense stinks besides there defense front. I'm not saying by any means that the patriots are gonna roll the ravens but I also don't think the ravens are that good and that it's gonna be another nail biter.

I'm pretty confident about the Patriots beating the Ravens on a short week. Offensively there is not a lot going on over there for the Ravens. The Patriots DBs can definitely handle Julio Jones, Torrey Smith and Ed ****son. Ray Rice is having a sub-par year, and Joe Flacco doesn't have the mobility that Tannehill showed last week. They look anemic to me, and, like the Patriots, they have a tough time when it gets crowded in the Red Zone.

Flacco has thrown 17 interceptions this year and misses Boldin as someone he could throw at who would out-muscle the defenders. This is one game where the DBs should jump routes and go for turnovers.

On offense, the Patriots will grind out their 24 to 27 points against these guys, especially if either Thompkins or Dobson is back to give them an outside the numbers threat. The Patriots have lots of speed and quickness with Amendola, Edelman and Vereen that Baltimore will struggle with, and the running backs should be able to keep the Ravens honest, particularly if Ridley can play a bigger role.

The Ravens defensive line and linebackers blitzing is the big issue. Brady's got to get the ball out of there. It would nice if Solder, Cannon and Svitek could give them 60 decent minutes this week, so Mankins can go back inside.

The wiseguys have the Ravens +1 at home against the Patriots. That's basically picking the Pats to win by forfeiting the +3 home field advantage in games like this.

I like the Pats 24 - 17.
Very surprised by the +1 line.

Ravens beat a pretty ****ty lions team last night in my opinion. Stafford is highly overrated and there defense stinks besides there defense front. I'm not saying by any means that the patriots are gonna roll the ravens but I also don't think the ravens are that good and that it's gonna be another nail biter.

I don't like nail biters on the road against Teams with Good Defenses because we dont have one.:snob:

Always! I never give up. Hopefully we get back AD and/or KT for Ravens.

The real question is can our make-shift OL keep Terrell Suggs - Elvis Dumervil - Daryl Smith and Nata off Brady? If you hit any QB includind Brady alot they can be rattled. The Ravens have the kind of Defense that even if we are at full strenght would give us problems. BB should take lessons from Ozzie Newsome when it comes on the Drafting players in the trenches. The Ravens have continuously found good players that they can just plug in along their OL and DL and not skip a beat, they don't have alot deadwood on their Team. Can't say the same for us. The Ravens remind me of those old Parcells Giants Team who just play Great Defense and win ugly. I really hope we win Sunday on paper we are so overmatched thank goodness games are not played on paper.

It is nothing short of amazing that you can be so completely wrong so consistently. Newsome learned his scouting and drafting system from Belichick and both teams were judged the best drafting team's in football over a 10 year span from 2001-2011. And few if any teams have been able to plug in offensive linemen with success to the degree the Patriots have throughout Belichick's tenure; that's why Scarnecchia is considered the best Ol coach on football and possibly the best position coach of any coach in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball their DL has been very good over the years and it has been the secondary that has been the problem, so once again you as far off the mark as it can get. And although you and some others go on ad nauseum about how bad the Patriot's players are the truth of the matter is that once again they have managed to get good play from their entire roster, which means that they don't have ant "deadwood." And this ravens team has been bad on both sides of the ball, so i have absolutely no idea where you come up with an analogy to the SB Giants teams Parcells coached.

The Patriots are the most successful franchise of this era, and if you are going to make an argument that they suck you need to back it up with facts, something you have never ever done, you just complain about them and ignore the fact that they win more than any team in football, and that does not happen for over a decade with bad drafting, bad players, and a bad team. If you were a browns fan you would have a case, as a Patriots fan you are just clueless.

I still think the Pats can win this game. Would I bet on it? No.

The Ravens' offense sucks. Maybe more than any one that the Pats have faced in the last month or so - even maybe Cleveland, but it is close. The Ravens are 29th in total yards, 27th in QB rating, the 6th most sacked team, 29th in rushing, dead last in rushing yards per attempt, 29th in passing yards per attempt, and 25th in scoring.

Even on defense, I think their production is a bit of a mirage. Would we be talking about their defense from last night the same way if Megatron didn't drop three passes that hit his hands (one for a two point conversion and the other two with him wide open and a lot of open field to run)? Matt Cassel and the Adrian Peterson-less Vikes lit up their defense in the fourth quarter in MMT Stadium just two weeks ago.

The Ravens have had an easy schedule in the last month. They crushed the Jets at home who are 6-8, beat the 6-8 Steelers on a failed two point conversion by the Steelers, barely beat the 5-9 Vikings in a 4th quarter shootout at home where the Ravens scored the winning TD with 4 seconds left, and they just beat the Lions last night who have lost four out of their last five games.

People are down on the Patriots for all these down to the wire wins and one down to the wire loss, but the last three weeks the Ravens also had games where they went down to the wire and were won with seconds, not minutes on the clock.

9 of their last 11 games have been played within 3 points. Sounds familiar? This will be a very close game that could go either way. The losing team will have lots of "what ifs" to consider afterward.

What is the over/under on Patriot defensive pass interference/holding/illegal contact penalties, especially when the Ravens look to throw deep?

I'll set it at 3.5, with at least one of them being a gigantic play in the game.

It is nothing short of amazing that you can be so completely wrong so consistently. Newsome learned his scouting and drafting system from Belichick and both teams were judged the best drafting team's in football over a 10 year span from 2001-2011. And few if any teams have been able to plug in offensive linemen with success to the degree the Patriots have throughout Belichick's tenure; that's why Scarnecchia is considered the best Ol coach on football and possibly the best position coach of any coach in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball their DL has been very good over the years and it has been the secondary that has been the problem, so once again you as far off the mark as it can get. And although you and some others go on ad nauseum about how bad the Patriot's players are the truth of the matter is that once again they have managed to get good play from their entire roster, which means that they don't have ant "deadwood." And this ravens team has been bad on both sides of the ball, so i have absolutely no idea where you come up with an analogy to the SB Giants teams Parcells coached.

The Patriots are the most successful franchise of this era, and if you are going to make an argument that they suck you need to back it up with facts, something you have never ever done, you just complain about them and ignore the fact that they win more than any team in football, and that does not happen for over a decade with bad drafting, bad players, and a bad team. If you were a browns fan you would have a case, as a Patriots fan you are just clueless.

*Yawns* *Yawns*:rolleyes:

9 of their last 11 games have been played within 3 points. Sounds familiar? This will be a very close game that could go either way. The losing team will have lots of "what ifs" to consider afterward.

What is the over/under on Patriot defensive pass interference/holding/illegal contact penalties, especially when the Ravens look to throw deep?

I'll set it at 3.5, with at least one of them being a gigantic play in the game.

The fact that it is on the road is the thing that does concern me. I never b.tch about ref's because you have to overcome everything to be a winner, and that includes the ref's, however if their is one thing that is consistent in a really strange season it is that the ref's always give the calls to the home team's, especially late and in the biggest moment. If it comes down to a final drive the Ravens are going to get the calls no matter whether they are on defense. the Patriots are going to have to put them away earlier than the last five minutes.

I dont see our Pats winning on Sunday. here are my reasons.

First lets stop quoting stats that are for the entire season, they don't represent what teams are doing in December and that is all that matters, do we really think the NE defense or offense is as good as the stats say, no way they are.

The ravens have been playing well the last fours games, a lot like last year. Say what you want about last night but their defense played well, and they were disrupting the Detroit passing game big time. I did think they looked vulnerable to the run which I dont know why Detroit didnt take advantage of but mark my words neither will MCD, he is too stupid to run when you know you should, uh 3rd and 2.....need I say more.

I think TB is going to get killed, our O line is in shambles and between Suggs and Doom I see problems.

Flacco lives and dies by the long ball and they got three guys that run those routes and NE doesn't have the defense to stop it.

I want the Pats to win but I dont see it, probably be a 10 point game/loss.

The fact that it is on the road is the thing that does concern me. I never b.tch about ref's because you have to overcome everything to be a winner, and that includes the ref's, however if their is one thing that is consistent in a really strange season it is that the ref's always give the calls to the home team's, especially late and in the biggest moment. If it comes down to a final drive the Ravens are going to get the calls no matter whether they are on defense. the Patriots are going to have to put them away earlier than the last five minutes.

If KT and Dobson play, I am confident we can win this game. If we can win this game, we can win any game here on out IMO. This is a tough as it gets.

*Yawns* *Yawns*:rolleyes:

Good argument, as always. Seriously, you are incapable of supporting any of your griping. You complain complain complain and always ignore their success, it is really nauseating. let us know when you can explain how they are in 2nd in the AFC when their team sucks so bad? It is ridiculous, as are your posts. The patriots are 7-3 against the Ravens yet you act like the Ravens own them, and ignore the fact that the Patriots already beat the team you consider the best in the AFC. The Patriots win consistently because they are a really good team, if they were as bad as you always complain that they are their record would reflect that.

One more thing, drafting, it is tough to draft each year when your in the back end of the draft order every year.

If KT and Dobson play, I am confident we can win this game. If we can win this game, we can win any game here on out IMO. This is a tough as it gets.

Agree completely, they will need Dobson to help open up the underneath, and Thompkins ability to beat the press has really helped this season. I think the ravens in Baltimore are a tough game but actually expect a great effort and performance from the patriots this week.

One more thing, drafting, it is tough to draft each year when your in the back end of the draft order every year.

Most of those who dump all over their draft's are fantasy freaks, and if they had to pick 30th in every draft they would suck at it and give up. People just can't seem to come to grips that you don't get to draft JJ Watt, Patrick Willis, and Calvin Johnson when you are always picking at the end of each round.

No Ed Reed or the Ravens' murderer, yes we'll win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore