PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They signed a player with a 9.1 yard per reception career average and 8 touchdowns, a player who has never had a thousand yard receiving season in his 5 year career. That's what they signed. He will be gone in the offseason if he doesn't play better in the final 5 games of the regular season and playoffs, we can bet on it if you'd like, Belichick will not pay him $5 million in 2014 for this subpar play I can just about guarantee it. Till then let's just move on, we can both circle back in April and see how this looks then.

By the way he got called for offensive PI attempting to spring Gronkowski.

I did notice none of you said anything about your defending an alleged murderer for multiple seasons, are we going to just pretend that you know everything about players and you're defending them with a full understanding of all factors?

Are you saying the murderer wasn't a good receiver? What the hell type of dodge is that?

Brady6, if I had a GIf of a man continuing to dig a hole as he is standing in the middle of the hole, this would be the perfect time to post it. While I credit you for sticking to your guns under a tidal wave of anti-bust posting, you need to take a long hard look at the position you are digging in on. You're wrong and at this point it's modestly obvious you are (at least on using the word "bust").

I did notice none of you said anything about your defending an alleged murderer for multiple seasons, are we going to just pretend that you know everything about players and you're defending them with a full understanding of all factors?

Damn, you got us there. Not only did we defend him but we spent a couple of seasons hiding his crimes. Don't know how you figured it out but we all knew about his murders years ago and we made a pact between about 10,000 of us not to tell the authorities and do all we could to try and get him to the end of his new deal. Maybe it was wrong but his 40 was 4.46 and he benched 225 31 times with the best 3 cone of any TE in years. He was one of Brady's favorite targets and even if he dropped a ball in the super bowl the truth is that we like murderers at Patsfans, so of course we were going to defend him.

Damn, you are really insightful. We really didn't want that coming out., but you're like Tom Hanks in The Da Vinci Code, wicked clever.

Amendola avg per reception this season: 11.2
Welker avg per reception this season: 10.4
Welker career avg per reception with the Patriots: 11.1

Yeah without the 2 receptions against the Steelers in which he was left completely uncovered his average is less than 8 yards a reception this season. I will judge him based on what he has done 30 of 32 times you can go with the 2 of 32 approach and ignoring the circumstances approach.

Amendola isn't going anywhere, and he did not get any interference for springing Gronkowski, the play stood for a very long gain down the left sideline and led to a TD. And you can continue to conflate playing with a serious injury with subpar play all you want but it's garbage.

How come in the other thread you said he was recovered from the groin injury and it was not an issue and now he is playing through a serious injury?

Like I said we can wager on it if you would like I am down, if you’re unwilling to wager on it though you really don’t have any reason to keep reinserting your position because clearly you’re not that confident in it.

Brady6, if I had a GIf of a man continuing to dig a hole as he is standing in the middle of the hole, this would be the perfect time to post it. While I credit you for sticking to your guns under a tidal wave of anti-bust posting, you need to take a long hard look at the position you are digging in on. You're wrong and at this point it's modestly obvious you are (at least on using the word "bust").

I am not really that concerned to be honest man the only people responding are the same usual suspects who think it is their duty to be SUPER HERO FANS and defend any player against criticism whether merited or not, they’re not having an actual discussion they’re evading question and responding with off topic and non-relevant statements in an attempt perceive them being right.

I am not digging any hole either anyone who disagrees with my position also disagrees with 100% of the experts in the NFL all of whom have publicly recognized Amendola as one of the poorest signing of the 2013 offseason. I am not bashing anyone and to be honest I am done arguing with posters who lack the wherewithal or moxie to form their own conclusions on players and instead parade around making assertions based on pure hope. I may not be popular amongst every poster but at the end of the day unlike them I can have a discussion without having to relegate myself to demeaning comments, false accusations, irrelevant comments, overly emotional personal attacks and overall trolling behavior.

On that note I am officially done with this discussion, well let me say actually I am done attempting to have this discussion with posters who clearly are incapable of engaging in an adult non bias conversation in which they objectively form opinions and express their view. Have a great day everyone and I am sure I will see you all around this board.

Yeah without the 2 receptions against the Steelers in which he was left completely uncovered his average is less than 8 yards a reception this season. I will judge him based on what he has done 30 of 32 times you can go with the 2 of 32 approach and ignoring the circumstances approach.

Dude are you serious? Wide open or not he still made the catches. If we are gonna discount those, let's do that with every screen pass thrown in the NFL then....Cuz those guys are wide open on those short passes ...

But you only bring up "facts" that suit your argument. Real weak man, thought you were better than that.

Dude are you serious? Wide open or not he still made the catches. If we are gonna discount those, let's do that with every screen pass thrown in the NFL then....Cuz those guys are wide open on those short passes ...

But you only bring up "facts" that suit your argument. Real weak man, thought you were better than that.

It's hilarious.

Now if I was to come back at him with what Welker's avg was when he was covered and disregard every catch he has made uncovered he'd write a 6 paragraph post on how it's unfair to knock Welker for those uncovered catches.

I recall a borderline uncovered catch that Welker didn't make in the biggest game of the year. Actually when there is no-one within 4-5 yards I don't think that's borderline uncovered.

It's hilarious.

Now if I was to come back at him with what Welker's avg was when he was covered and disregard every catch he has made uncovered he'd write a 6 paragraph post on how it's unfair to knock Welker for those uncovered catches.

I recall a borderline uncovered catch that Welker didn't make in the biggest game of the year. Actually when there is no-one within 4-5 yards I don't think that's borderline uncovered.

I never said to remove them from his stats I pointed that his average was largely impacted by 2 plays in week 9 against the Steelers in which he benefited from blown coverage. He obviously deserves credit for making the play but I am unwilling to value those 2 receptions over the other 226 reception Amendola has made in his career on which he averages 8.81 yards per reception. I am not taking anything away from Amendola I am simply choosing to base my assessment on him more on the 99.12% of receptions that go for under 9 yards per rather than basing my assessment on the 0.88% that have his yards per at 11 yards plus this season. I don’t see anything weak about that man I am sorry but I think relying on less than 1% of Amendola body of work to justify your argument is a lot weaker than my relying on the more than 99%.

If you responded to me Brady6 I can't see it because your are the 3rd person to make it to my ignore list. So from here on out if you respond to one of my posts arguing don't think you won the argument. I just don't have a enough bile to stomach anymore of your asinine posts.

I never said to remove them from his stats I pointed that his average was largely impacted by 2 plays in week 9 against the Steelers in which he benefited from blown coverage. He obviously deserves credit for making the play but I am unwilling to value those 2 receptions over the other 226 reception Amendola has made in his career on which he averages 8.81 yards per reception. I am not taking anything away from Amendola I am simply choosing to base my assessment on him more on the 99.12% of receptions that go for under 9 yards per rather than basing my assessment on the 0.88% that have his yards per at 11 yards plus this season. I don’t see anything weak about that man I am sorry but I think relying on less than 1% of Amendola body of work to justify your argument is a lot weaker than my relying on the more than 99%.

I see way to many useless numbers in this post.....

Hopefully they find a way to keep Edelman because he is developing into a good WR, and i like the fact that while there is some redundancy with Amendola they are also able to complement each other. My concern is that Belichick will undervalue him and they will get outbid. And that doesn't need to happen because when you look at units as part of their cap the WR unit is not taking up anywhere near what it does on many other teams. Three of them are on pretty low money rookie deals, and right now Edelman doesn't make much. I would love to see them try to get him at 4 for 12 but i doubt his camp would bite on that. 3 for 11 might work if the guaranteed money is good, but even that is probably low, with the saving grace that slot guys are way undervaled on the whole.

If he ends with 90 catches, I think he'll get $5m on the open market. I would like to keep him too because I think he, Amendola, and Dobson could male a top receiving trio going forward.

How come in the other thread you said he was recovered from the groin injury and it was not an issue and now he is playing through a serious injury?

Like I said we can wager on it if you would like I am down, if you’re unwilling to wager on it though you really don’t have any reason to keep reinserting your position because clearly you’re not that confident in it.

Show where I said he recovered from a groin injury, I never said it because he's going to need surgery to repair it, so we can just add that to the rest of the long list of bullsh,t you have spewed. And i don't make messageboard bets, as stupid goes they are at the top of the list. And as far as stating my position i will do it wherever and whenever i feel like it,. As I said before, go talk your idiotic fantasy football bullsh.t with someone else, i have no interest in it at all.

If you responded to me Brady6 I can't see it because your are the 3rd person to make it to my ignore list. So from here on out if you respond to one of my posts arguing don't think you won the argument. I just don't have a enough bile to stomach anymore of your asinine posts.

I'm pretty sure he's mentally ill. Not much else could explain it.

If he ends with 90 catches, I think he'll get $5m on the open market. I would like to keep him too because I think he, Amendola, and Dobson could male a top receiving trio going forward.

I think that's about right, especially when you factor in his skills as a punt returner, but I really doubt the Patriots go anywhere near that high with him. Belichick will just go with another college slot guy, or Moe, or someone on a practice squad or roster we don't know much about.

I'm pretty sure he's mentally ill. Not much else could explain it.

I think its funny how you, JMC and Ray throw around insults for public attention but when I PM you to have a real conversation and resolve our conflict you simply ignore it or tell me not to PM you, that right there clearly shows your only interest on this site is to post like confrontational trolls and get attention in the form of likes and agreement to feel good about yourselves. You’re not fans you’re insecure posters who use this site for your own twisted amusement. All 3 of you will be added to my ignore list effective immediately, I have no respect for anything you stand for as posters in here. Do not bother responding to my posts and if you attack me again personally or call me mentally ill I will report you to a moderator, I find your posting behavior in this forum to be repulsive :yuck:

Take care :hand:

I think its funny how you, JMC and Ray throw around insults for public attention but when I PM you to have a real conversation and resolve our conflict you simply ignore it or tell me not to PM you, that right there clearly shows you're only interest on this site is to be confrontational trolls and get attention in the form of likes and agreement to feel good about yourselves. You’re not fans you’re insecure button pushers who use this site for your own twisted amusement. All 3 of you will be added to my ignore list effective immediately, I have no respect for anything you stand for as posters in here. Do not bother responding to my posts and if you attack me again personally or call me mentally ill I will report you to a moderator, I find your posting behavior in this forum to be repulsive.

I know you have me on ignore, but in case you read this...PMing someone to accuse them of getting personal is the height of irony. I don't call people names, I sometimes quote their own posts back to them then have a bit of a laugh when they virtually deny making them.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I know you have me on ignore, but in case you read this...PMing someone to accuse them of getting personal is the height of irony. I don't call people names, I sometimes quote their own posts back to them then have a bit of a laugh when they virtually deny making them.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I actually don’t have a huge issue with you this is the first time I have ever even disagreed with your position, I reached out to try and talk it out on PM not to attack you, if it came across that way I apologize. I am open to a trues and if you are as well great if not I will add you to ignore and we can avoid any future conflict.

A... trues?

Well, there's that.

He needs 24 receptions and 79 yards to top Amendola's career highs, I think the 79 yards is all but certain and the 24 receptions are extremely likely, so if Danny Amendola is worth $5 million I think the younger, bigger and more athletic Edelman would be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes