PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sound just as foolish as the people on this site that constantly defended the Chad Johnson signing. amendola has been a total disaster for this team. Just accept it. At this point and stop clinging.

And that is coming from an expert on disasters. Unfortunately for you on this one you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Amendola, unlike Ochocinco, was on the same page as Brady right out of the gate, and prior to getting seriously hurt in that Buffalo game looked exactly like the player they hoped he would be when they signed him. I have no doubts at all that when he is healthy again he will be a great player for them and a major contributor to their team the next 4 years.

Now, why don't you scoot on back to the Texans board where you can argue with their resident fantasy fans about which QB they are going to draft with that top pick.

Did I? Please show me where I said that. As I said in my previous post stop with the ridiculous and untrue accusations. If you want to speak in truths and actualities I will have a discussion if you're going to behave like Danny's wife and throw a bunch of untrue posts out just to attempt to discredit me please see reframe from quoting my posts I have neither the time nor the interest in playing this game with you.

As I said have a great night and happy thanksgiving!

There's more, but the whole thread is basically blaming someone for getting a concussion.

One of the things that made Wes Welker a great player was his intelligence and the wherewithal to protect himself from taking those type of hits, Amendola ran 100 MPH and it was as idiotic as throwing a glass against the concrete along with having a similar result.
It is not a stupid thread, and that was not a freak injury if you feel otherwise I don’t know what to tell you but Amendola had the ball in his hand and was running at the defender, he could have and should have braced himself for contact.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...dola-has-only-proven-his-critics-correct.html

You sound just as foolish as the people on this site that constantly defended the Chad Johnson signing. amendola has been a total disaster for this team. Just accept it. At this point and stop clinging.

If we'd just canned him we wouldn't be 2-9. What a disaster.

If we'd just canned him we wouldn't be 2-9. What a disaster.

Pretty amazing given the "pitiful" roster Belichick put together this year.

And that is coming from an expert on disasters. Unfortunately for you on this one you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Amendola, unlike Ochocinco, was on the same page as Brady right out of the gate, and prior to getting seriously hurt in that Buffalo game looked exactly like the player they hoped he would be when they signed him. I have no doubts at all that when he is healthy again he will be a great player for them and a major contributor to their team the next 4 years.

Now, why don't you scoot on back to the Texans board where you can argue with their resident fantasy fans about which QB they are going to draft with that top pick.

The Patriots lose Welker for Brittles who hasn't hardly played all season and will probably be hurt next week. And your still talking like this. Lol! Like I said you guys are the same clowns who threw out insults every time I talked about the chad Johnson signing being foolish on this site all year long. I'm watching history repeat itself with certain fans now and I do find it a little amusing. BB owes Patriot fans better.And they damn sure owe Brady a lot better.

Pretty amazing given the "pitiful" roster Belichick put together this year.

All those injury prone players earning less percentages of their contracts than they should.

The Patriots lose Welker for Brittles who hasn't hardly played all season and will probably be hurt next week. And your still talking like this. Lol! Like I said you guys are the same clowns who threw out insults every time I talked about the chad Johnson signing being foolish on this site all year long. I'm watching history repeat itself with certain fans now and I do find it a little amusing. BB owes Patriot fans better.And they damn sure owe Brady a lot better.

Better than three Super Bowls and 13 straight winning seasons?

I'm projecting a bit there, we need one more win.

Anyway, just like to say how much I admire you guys for hanging tough after some injuries and still going 9-2. Oops, I was looking in a mirror. Never mind.

There's more, but the whole thread is basically blaming someone for getting a concussion.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...dola-has-only-proven-his-critics-correct.html

Ahhhh, there it is, one of the most idiotic threads of all time. And perfectly timed as well, coming off a huge win against the Saints we were treated to that bucket of swill.

Oh look, a Brady6 thread with billion paragraph posts bashing our own players. What a unique thing. Gather round children, you can only see this phenomenon every 3 days.

3 days? More like every 3 hours.

Where did I say it was his fault that he got a concussion? I said he needed to improve his technique when running in traffic and have the awareness to position is body to take the least impact and he does.

I will tell you what is interesting about this thread reading back through it is the posters who were declaring him back from the groin injury and acting as if the only issue was the head injury, now all of sudden those same posters are in this thread using the groin injury as an excuse again. Its actually hilarious to see the same exact poster who wrote don’t judge a player after week 6 saying the same exact thing only this time its not to judge a player after week 12 and in in the offseason it will be not to judge a player after just one season and so on until Belichick moves on and then you all will be in here acting like you were against the signing from the get go. Read back at your posts about Brandon Lloyd or Chad Johnson if you have any question of whether it is the likely scenario.

You think that being a fan of a team means you cannot say anything bad about a player, well just think last year and the years before that you were defending an alleged cold blooded murderer in Aaron Hernandez everytime a poster wrote something negative – Ray, Ivan, fnordcircle, JMC and the you can't say anything bad or you're not a true fan crowd all jumped to the thugs back and said he is not overrated and he deserves his contract, scroll back and read the excuses about how he was still bothered by the ankle injury in 2012, bet you didn’t know that you were in here being a super fan for a potential serial killing thug who smoked angle dust and weed back and forth from games huh? That’s what happen when your lack the wherewithal to come to conclusions on your own and instead follow the popular opinion of others and rely nonsense instead of facts, you end up defending someone you know nothing about just because you think that’s what a GREAT FAN does.

Just to clarify and stop the idiotic so you're comparing Hernandez to Amendola post before they start let be say I am comparing your blindly defending a player in an attempt to be a super fan not the actual players.

Yes, we are very upset with Belichick for creating the most successful franchise in the NFL since the start of this century, and possibly the most successful of the Super Bowl era, unless you know of another coach/GM who went over 100 games over .500, 13 years without a losing season, 5 AFC Championships, 3 Super Bowl Championships, and now has them poised for another run at a Lombardi, although we will admittedly have to get past your Super Bowl favorite texans.............oh, wait,........nevermind.

And speaking of history repeating itself, we just happened to see that last Sunday night when Belichick upped his record against Peyton Manning to 10-4 by getting him to GAAAAAGHHHHHH all over himself. In case you missed it, it was awesome.

Anyhow, thanks for stopping by, maybe someday you will once again have a team that is relevant in december, but probably not any time soon.

Are you stopping by to discuss football before the Texans game, or just looking for return fire directed to the Texans and the wisdom of that organization in signing and retaining players? At 2-9, having just dumped Ed Reed and lacking an actual QB, that exercise will be the equivalent of asking Adrian Peterson to run against a Pee Wee football run defense. It just won't be fair.

The Texans signed Brian Cushing to a 6 year, $55 million contract ($21 million guaranteed) in September of this year. 5 games last year, 7 this year (Danny Amendola is set to play in game 8 this year). Want to talk which personnel decision sounds more like a ride on the Titanic? Sounds like your ticket cost a lot more.

Where did I say it was his fault that he got a concussion? I said he needed to improve his technique when running in traffic and have the awareness to position is body to take the least impact and he does.

Before you tell me how that hit was illegal and blaming Amendola is dumb, let me just say this – I don’t care! One of the things that made Wes Welker a great player was his intelligence and the wherewithal to protect himself from taking those type of hits, Amendola ran 100 MPH and it was as idiotic as throwing a glass against the concrete along with having a similar result.

Pop in some game tape of the things Welker did over the past 6 years, Amendola could have done any number of those things.

It is not a stupid thread, and that was not a freak injury if you feel otherwise I don’t know what to tell you but Amendola had the ball in his hand and was running at the defender, he could have and should have braced himself for contact.

If you go racing into an intersection driving your car how exactly be shocked when a tractor trailer takes you out? Am I being insensitive again..:bathbaby:

It is not a question of someone being able to take the hit it is about being a smart enough football player not to put yourself in the position to take that hit.

And to be fair, Brady6 never said he should be cut, only that they should cut him loose, so people really need to stop twisting his words. Anyone who can't see the difference between "cutting him," and "cutting him loose" needs to get some reading lessons asap.

I would just cut him loose personally, resign Edelman for $2-$3 mil and invest the rest into some other position other outside of the slot. .

Before you tell me how that hit was illegal and blaming Amendola is dumb, let me just say this – I don’t care! One of the things that made Wes Welker a great player was his intelligence and the wherewithal to protect himself from taking those type of hits, Amendola ran 100 MPH and it was as idiotic as throwing a glass against the concrete along with having a similar result.
And to be fair, Brady6 never said he should be cut, only that they should cut him loose, so people really need to stop twisting his words. Anyone who can't see the difference between "cutting him," and "cutting him loose" needs to get some reading lessons asap.
Did I ever say it was his fault he got a concussion? No as I said his having better awareness and technique in preparing himself for contract could help with his overall with his injury situation, that’s not saying it was his fault that’s just stating the obvious players who have good awareness and play recognition take far less brutal hits than someone who runs blindly around the field.

I would still cut him because if Lloyd and his production was not worth $3 million please tell me how Amendola and his production is worth $5 million? Seriously though could you answer this question I know you prefer to just post things that you think make you look right and do not actually have any interest in a discussion but if you could buck your trend for a moment and actually answer my question I would appreciate it.

Did I ever say it was his fault he got a concussion? .

Yes, over and over and over, in as many ways as you could find, in fact they are listed above. And no Brady6, I am not interested in fantasy football and PFF based statistical bullsh.t. I consider it worthless and meaningless. I like to talk football with people who like football, and I could care less about your stats and desire to get rid of any player who has a bad day. Football is a complete team game, and unfortunately some of those fixated upon fantasy football have lost all conception of that, so while you were blasting Amendola for not having a good statistical game he was out there making the play to spring Gronkowski for the long gainer down the sideline that was so vital to getting them back in the game. he doesn't get any fantasy points for it but as crazy as it sounds it was still an important play. You want to measure everyone by their 40 time or how many catches they had last week, i want to watch them play and see if they are helping them or hurting them, and despite his being seriously injured Amendola still goes out there every week and helps them win, and I have yet to see him do anything that hurt them.

They signed a good player in the prime of his career to a really solid 5 year deal, and you wanted him cut after 6 games because he got hurt. That's as ridiculous as it gets.

They signed a good player in the prime of his career to a really solid 5 year deal, and you wanted him cut after 6 games because he got hurt. That's as ridiculous as it gets.

They signed a player with a 9.1 yard per reception career average and 8 touchdowns, a player who has never had a thousand yard receiving season in his 5 year career. That's what they signed. He will be gone in the offseason if he doesn't play better in the final 5 games of the regular season and playoffs, we can bet on it if you'd like, Belichick will not pay him $5 million in 2014 for this subpar play I can just about guarantee it. Till then let's just move on, we can both circle back in April and see how this looks then.

By the way he got called for offensive PI attempting to spring Gronkowski.

I did notice none of you said anything about your defending an alleged murderer for multiple seasons, are we going to just pretend that you know everything about players and you're defending them with a full understanding of all factors?

Amendola avg per reception this season: 11.2
Welker avg per reception this season: 10.4
Welker career avg per reception with the Patriots: 11.1

They signed a player with a 9.1 yard per reception career average and 8 touchdowns, a player who has never had a thousand yard receiving season in his 5 year career. That's what they signed. He will be gone in the offseason if he doesn't play better in the final 5 games of the regular season and playoffs, we can bet on it if you'd like, Belichick will not pay him $5 million in 2014 for this subpar play I can just about guarantee it. Till then let's just move on, we can both circle back in April and see how this looks then.

By the way he got called for offensive PI attempting to spring Gronkowski.

I did notice none of you said anything about your defending an alleged murderer for multiple seasons, are we going to just pretend that you know everything about players and you're defending them with a full understanding of all factors?

Amendola isn't going anywhere, and he did not get any interference for springing Gronkowski, the play stood for a very long gain down the left sideline and led to a TD. And you can continue to conflate playing with a serious injury with subpar play all you want but it's garbage.

Did I ever say it was his fault he got a concussion? No as I said his having better awareness and technique in preparing himself for contract could help with his overall with his injury situation, that’s not saying it was his fault that’s just stating the obvious players who have good awareness and play recognition take far less brutal hits than someone who runs blindly around the field.

I would still cut him because if Lloyd and his production was not worth $3 million please tell me how Amendola and his production is worth $5 million? Seriously though could you answer this question I know you prefer to just post things that you think make you look right and do not actually have any interest in a discussion but if you could buck your trend for a moment and actually answer my question I would appreciate it.

:ugh::faint::noidea::deadhorse2::violent: :deadhorse:

well he's practiced in full this week again which seems to be a good sign he is getting healthy...so hopefully we see another performance on par to the steelers one..

but, I don't think otuside of Gronkowski this team has a #1 receiver. Brady's favorite receiver so far seems to be the open man....Edelman had a big game against denver, but really the past 3 games he hasn't had much production...Thompkins had a nice game against Denver, but was absent prior falling to Dobson on the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes