PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Vereen (sans the glass status), but, why not also use Woodhead as a hybrid player?

It doesn't matter now of course, but, Woodhead would have certainly helped this team out.

Because he isn't a WR.

Woodhead was one of my favorite Pats players. BB screwed that one up. He knows it too.

BB didn't screw it up. He made the correct choice of Vereen on his rookie contract.
There was no possibility of keeping both unless you promised Woodhead he would have the job to himself and Vereen was being cut or traded.

Hernandez was basically a wideout who played like flex player similar to Vereen

Vereen is a running back. I do not think they are similar players other than both being good receivers.

Recently signed DJ Williams is similar to Hernandez.

He is as good as Welker is at it...but, it doesn't matter because Amendola is here now.

Hopefully he can stay healthy...

Did you just say Woodhead is as good a WR as Welker?
You know, the guy who has never played there vs the guy who led the NFL in receptions for the 6 years he was here.

Semantics. Call it hate, obsession, a grudge, dislike, whatever you wish. You must have 1000 posts on this forum criticizing the guy

I actually am not criticizing him at all I am saying he is not as good or close to as good as Wes Welker and he is not worth $5 million a season. Only 25 receivers make more than $5 million a season in the entire NFL and Wes Welker is likely the best slot receiver to ever take an NFL football field so my saying those 2 things is not that critical in my opinion. Amendola is a fine player who is certainly someone I would want to be on our football team, I would just want him here at about half the cost and without the foolish lofty expectation that he was going to individually fill the void left by Welker.

I know what you did, and it is silly. You can't judge a guy by saying the good plays don't count because you want to call them a defensive failure. He got open.
Your insistence on adding silliness to your posts just makes your argument look weaker and weaker.

I don’t agree AJ; in my opinion it is worth pointing out that 93.75% of Amendola’s receptions go for an average of 8.9 yards per reception this season and the 2 receptions in the Steelers game making up the remaining 6.25% of his receptions accounted for 91 receiving yards total. I find nothing silly about looking at what a player does the majority of the time and 93.75% is obviously the majority of the time.

People can be loyal to Amendola and say that he is going to get better in time that is fine but how can you argue that a receiver who currently ranks:

• 96th in receiving yards
  • 87th in yards per reception
  • 55th in yards per game
  • 108th in touchdowns
  • 87th in yards after the catch

Is worthy of being paid in the top 30 in the NFL amongst wide receivers? I am not being critical I am just outlining the situation at hand, sometimes people find it easier to ignore the reality of something and instead diminish the poster who illustrates it. At the end of the day whether you rip my posts or say I hate Amendola his productivity is still the same and disparaging me doesn’t change that hard truth.

Vereen is a running back. I do not think they are similar players other than both being good receivers.

Recently signed DJ Williams is similar to Hernandez.

That's crazy. I don't think you realize how good Hernandez was. If was a Patriot this year he would have been Brady's #1 target.

I actually am not criticizing him at all I am saying he is not as good or close to as good as Wes Welker and he is not worth $5 million a season.
You are obsessed with negative posts about Amendola. At least admit it.

Only 25 receivers make more than $5 million a season in the entire NFL and Wes Welker is likely the best slot receiver to ever take an NFL football field so my saying those 2 things is not that critical in my opinion.
You cant really expect anyone to take it seriously that you think those are the only 2 things you have said in HUNDREDS of Amendola slamming posts.

Amendola is a fine player who is certainly someone I would want to be on our football team, I would just want him here at about half the cost and without the foolish lofty expectation that he was going to individually fill the void left by Welker.
Well those are your expectations.
His cap number is 3.5 mill

I don’t agree AJ; in my opinion it is worth pointing out that 93.75% of Amendola’s receptions go for an average of 8.9 yards per reception this season and the 2 receptions in the Steelers game making up the remaining 6.25% of his receptions accounted for 91 receiving yards total. I find nothing silly about looking at what a player does the majority of the time and 93.75% is obviously the majority of the time.
Of course you do, because it is a new and fun way to slam him.
A statistic that is an AVERAGE is based upon all of the plays. Taking away ones you wish to makes it no longer an average, and is comparable to nothing unless you take away cherry picked stats from everyone.
Its silly and you know it.

People can be loyal to Amendola and say that he is going to get better in time that is fine but how can you argue that a receiver who currently ranks:
Loyalty has nothing to do with it.

• 96th in receiving yards
  • 87th in yards per reception
  • 55th in yards per game
  • 108th in touchdowns
  • 87th in yards after the catch
He has missed games with injury and has played injured.

Is worthy of being paid in the top 30 in the NFL amongst wide receivers? I am not being critical I am just outlining the situation at hand, sometimes people find it easier to ignore the reality of something and instead diminish the poster who illustrates it.
I'm not sure what that even means, but IMO, your point of view is wrong, and your obsession with it is annoying.
People criticizing your posts are not doing so because they are trying to ignore anything about Amendola, they are criticizing your posts because the quality and content of them deserves criticism.
You consistently exaggerate, embellish and play funny with the facts.

At the end of the day whether you rip my posts or say I hate Amendola his productivity is still the same and disparaging me doesn’t change that hard truth.
I'm not disparaging you, I am telling you your opinions and method of communicating them are poor.
Note that I have not said anything about YOU, as you again try to deflect away from the facts and come up with some bizarre claim that people who disagree with you are ripping you personally in order to hide from the facts.

You simply have a weak argument here, and your style of communicating it just makes it worse.

In the end though, I think that everyone on this board has seen volumes that tell us exactly what you think about Amendola, and all would be happy if you let those 100s of posts be your final words on the matter.

BB didn't screw it up. He made the correct choice of Vereen on his rookie contract.
There was no possibility of keeping both unless you promised Woodhead he would have the job to himself and Vereen was being cut or traded.

You don’t know that to be the case, while I agree Woodhead was likely looking to go to a team that he could have a more prominent role for we do not know what the conversations between Woodhead and the Patriots entailed.

As I said I agree that there were multiple factors that went into our decision making processes during the offseason not only for this year but also for the future years, that aside I do think it is completely understandable that some fans may question the decision that were made when you look at what is not here and what is here:

Welker: 65 receptions, 679 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns – AVG Salary = $6,000,000
Woodhead: 266 rushing yards, 2 rushing touchdowns, 59 receptions, 469 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns – AVG Salary = $1,750,000

Amendola: 32 receptions, 358 receiving yards and 1 touchdown - AVG Salary = $5,700,000
Washington: 1 kick return for 19 yards – AVG Salary = $1,200,000

Whether these players were meant to replace each other or not it still breaks down to 124 receptions, 1,414 total yards and 16 total touchdowns for an average combined salary of $7,750,000 for the departed and 32 receptions for 367 total yards and 1 total touchdown for an average combined salary of $6,900,000 for the current. It is hard not to be curious about the thought process, we’re 8-3 so you can’t complain to much about it but I am not going to fault someone for raising the question did we do everything we could to better this football team this offseason?

You don’t know that to be the case, while I agree Woodhead was likely looking to go to a team that he could have a more prominent role for we do not know what the conversations between Woodhead and the Patriots entailed.
Its common sense.

As I said I agree that there were multiple factors that went into our decision making processes during the offseason not only for this year but also for the future years, that aside I do think it is completely understandable that some fans may question the decision that were made when you look at what is not here and what is here:
There is a big difference between questioning, understanding and being correct.

Welker: 65 receptions, 679 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns – AVG Salary = $6,000,000
Woodhead: 266 rushing yards, 2 rushing touchdowns, 59 receptions, 469 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns – AVG Salary = $1,750,000

Amendola: 32 receptions, 358 receiving yards and 1 touchdown - AVG Salary = $5,700,000
Washington: 1 kick return for 19 yards – AVG Salary = $1,200,000

Whether these players were meant to replace each other or not it still breaks down to 124 receptions, 1,414 total yards and 16 total touchdowns for an average combined salary of $7,750,000 for the departed and 32 receptions for 367 total yards and 1 total touchdown for an average combined salary of $6,900,000 the current. It is hard not to be curious about the thought process, we’re 8-3 so you can’t complain to much about it but I am not going to fault someone for raising the question did we do everything we could to better this football team this offseason?

You are comparing Woodheads stats to a guy who didn't play a single snap at RB. Brilliant.

If you cannot accept that Woodhead and Vereen play the same position, and therefore keeping both means they must share the job, I don't know how to have a discussion with you.
You cannot question a decision the team made when it didn't make the decision, but the player did.
The only way to keep Woodhead would have been to trade Vereen. Woodhead already lost a fair share of playing time to him at the end of last season. Woodhead was not going to return to a team that had a better player at his position that would keep him on the bench.

If you want to criticize BB for Woodhead not being a Patriot then you must crticize BB for not trading Vereen, because that is all he did to contribute to Woodhead leaving.

Its common sense.

:blahblah:

There is a big difference between questioning, understanding and being correct

You are comparing Woodheads stats to a guy who didn't play a single snap at RB. Brilliant.

If you cannot accept that Woodhead and Vereen play the same position, and therefore keeping both means they must share the job, I don't know how to have a discussion with you.
You cannot question a decision the team made when it didn't make the decision, but the player did.
The only way to keep Woodhead would have been to trade Vereen. Woodhead already lost a fair share of playing time to him at the end of last season. Woodhead was not going to return to a team that had a better player at his position that would keep him on the bench.

If you want to criticize BB for Woodhead not being a Patriot then you must crticize BB for not trading Vereen, because that is all he did to contribute to Woodhead leaving.

And you wonder why you get criticized and are constantly in a fight with one or more posters. :rolleyes:

You're arguing with someone who is probably in 9th or 10th grade, AJ. It isn't worth it.

Re: Re: Amendola?

And you wonder why you get criticized and are constantly in a fight with one or more posters. :rolleyes:

I'm am not wondering anything. I am not always in fights with anyone, the same 3-4 people take issue with something I post but honestly I could care less - it is what it is.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you over why I think it's OK that people question the decision to let Welker and Woodhead walk away, if that is the actual case. What's the point, I will write one thing you will disagree and we will do that for a bit then you will become confrontational and I will become annoyed. Why go down this same road again we've done it before, let's just move along now EOS.

Funny someone called you out the other day in a thread title and I was the only one who said anything about you not deserving that. Guess I'm not the only one with people who don't like my posts.

I'm am not wondering anything. I am not always in fights with anyone, the same 3-4 people take issue with something I post but honestly I could care less - it is what it is.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you over why I think it's OK that people question the decision to let Welker and Woodhead walk away, if that is the actual case. What's the point, I will write one thing you will disagree and we will do that for a bit then you will become confrontational and I will become annoyed. Why go down this same road again we've done it before, let's just move along now EOS.

Funny someone called you out the other day in a thread title and I was the only one who said anything about you not deserving that. Guess I'm not the only one with people who don't like my posts.

Well that is an improvement over the stamp your feet temper tantrum approach.
I would agree that if you want to pretend that Woodhead would have stayed as a backup when other teams would make him the starting 3rd down back, we shouldn't discuss this any further because it will go nowhere.
You should, however, pay better attention to who gets confrontational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes