PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All about Peyton Manning (merged X3 and title change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: P. Manning to PUP

To change the subject, Larry Fitzgerald just received an 8-year $120 million deal with $50 million in guarantees per Schefter.

Holy crap!

This is an excellent example of why we are so blessed up here in New England. We have a coach and FO who understand the need to have quality back-ups (IE: Depth) at all positions, but more importantly, the QB.

I don't ever want to see TFB hurt like Pollard hurt him ever again. However, we have the luxury of 2 reasonable back-ups who can helm the offense until TFB returns. I'm not uncomfortable with seeing Hoyer under center, or even Malett if needs be.

Indy doesn't have that luxury because they spent all their money on Manning, like a possessed gambler at the video poker machine, doubling down and hoping he doesn't lose it all on one play.

I hope that Manning recovers and heals up nicely and can return to the game, because I respect what he has done for the game.

The Indianapolis FO, however, have had their heads in the sand for sometime and not only NOT adequately addressed the QB Back-up situation, but have had some really poor draft picks too.

Ah well. It's going to be an interesting start for the season, and there is still one positive to this story. Manning NOT getting the start is about the only storyline that will keep Favre's name out of the press for the next few weeks.

I think the Colts should trade for Tebow

I think the Colts should trade for Tebow

That would complete the meltdown for the Indy fan base. Be a joy to watch, too. :rocker:

I shall not offer an opinion on Manning's new PUP until Rex speaks.......what do you know.....Rex just Tweeted..."Leaving Red Lobster....heading to the press room after a stop at White Castle."

Manning in a wheelchair is better then what they have now. It's amazing now much they ball wash that guy at the expense of the entire organization.

re: OT: Jim Irsay with a cryptic tweet(merged)

Wow, you found a highlight of Haynesworth in a Skins uniform. But in that same clip they point out that the Bears led the NFL in sacks.....so that clip giveth and taketh away.

Also, the guy has had 6.5 sacks for the past 2 seasons.

Haynesworth has monster talent, but he's a lazy SOB.

Well finding any clip on the internet is quite easily actually.

For instance, I happened to find this gem today :rocker:

SuperBowl 44 - Tracy Porter Interception - YouTube

Well finding any clip on the internet is quite easily actually.

For instance, I happened to find this gem today :rocker:

SuperBowl 44 - Tracy Porter Interception - YouTube

Reminds me of something....

poster14359312.jpg

I really need to update that to incorporate last year's loss into Manning's numbers.

That Colts team without Manning is a disaster waiting to happen. They could be 0-6 by the time he returns. It's terrible. Their division is very competitive as well.

I have always thought that the Colts were being overly optimistic about Manning. We are talking about his second neck surgery in a little over a year. I still think there is a chance we witness the decline of Peyton Manning. I hope not because he does make the NFL better, but it is a tough surgery.

I predicted that the Texans were going to be the new kings of the south and a worn down Manning only makes that a more likely scenario.

The Colts finishing behind the Texans and maybe the Jags won't be a shocker in 2011

Last edited:

I predicted that the Texans were going to be the new kings of the south and a worn down Manning only makes that a more likely scenario.

The Colts finishing behind the Texans and maybe the Jags won't be a shocker in 2011

I think the Texans are going to win the division too, but not because they are all that good. The AFC South may be almost as bad of a division as the NFC West. The Colts are nothing without Manning and Manning may not be anywhere near 100%.

Re: OT: Jim Irsay with a cryptic tweet(merged)

I merged the "Peyton to PUP, maybe re NFLN implies" thread with this "cryptic tweet" thread.

I don't have a clue what a 'cryptic tweet" is, and the NFLN could be blowing smoke. So I thought the 2 thread belonged with each other.

Re: OT: Jim Irsay with a cryptic tweet(merged)

I think the Texans are going to win the division too, but not because they are all that good. The AFC South may be almost as bad of a division as the NFC West. The Colts are nothing without Manning and Manning may not be anywhere near 100%.

I love that Foster kid at RB and I think adding Joseph to that secondary will help a team that could not stop opposing teams from throwing deep all game last year.

Those two should be big factors on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
heh...Indycoltfan???.;..you lost AGAIN Goober???

yeah yeah yeah 'we almost and then we and we coulda but then we...

please pick up your garbage and make sure you take your fortified wine bottle empties...

Here's all you need to know about Indy....

1)World's largest fly landing strip...
images

2)Main culinary output...
cowpie_1c.jpg

3)Spot your lucky Indy sister/momma...
WH_fat_girls.jpg

4)Great accomodations...
Motel-80406.jpg
stock-photo-rustic-rundown-hotel-building-with-character-55184707.jpg

5)Crackpot fans....
Colts_SuperFan.jpg

Say hi to your sister, Auntie Whasername...she's looking good since the dentist capped her front tooth..

Last edited:
I hope Manning doesnt have to miss any time

Only so many years of this all time great rivalry left. I would hate it the Colts lost a competitive season because of this.

Thoughts?

Re: I hope Manning doesnt have to miss any time

Only so many years of this all time great rivalry left. I would hate it the Colts lost a competitive season because of this.

Thoughts?

Would much rather play against Curtis Painter, but that's just me. Seriously, winning the SB is fun--anything that makes that easier, I'm all for.

I agree. I'd much rather see our linemen knock him out for the year.

I wouldn't mind a play where a safety blitzes and dives to his knees tearing his ACL.

I am 100% certain that all the AFC fans outside of us did not mind when Brady went down; in fact, I can GUARANTEE that they cheered with joy as they saw Pollard take him down. Besides, when is all said and done, Manning vs. Brady will be skewed for Brady missing a full season and then having to recover and it would only be fair.

That is just my $2 cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes