PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All about Peyton Manning (merged X3 and title change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: OT: Jim Irsay with a cryptic tweet(merged)

Maybe if Irsay is desperate enough we can trade Hoyer to Indy for the Colts 1st rounder next season :cool:

bu

Not a buffoon" Rod. Indy has been too good for too long to call him that.
I read those tweets and buffoon is the word I come up with. I never thought the Colts being good are attributable to Irsay, son or father.

What was most bizzare about the Colts last night against Wash was that they sat the starting receivers. If Painter was taking the starting reps in practice this week, who was he throwing to? Even if Peyton is able to come back for the first regular season game, why wouldn't they wan't to give Painter as much time as possible to get the timing with the starting receivers should he be needed in a real game anyway?

Did Polian think until last night that should it happen, Painter was good enough to QB the Colts for the start of the regular season until Peyton is ready, and only now think it might be time to get another backup? The Colts could easily start 0-4.

Maybe, just maybe the Colts are stealing one from BB's playbook.

Oh, woe is us. Manning is injured. We're doomed! And then surprise! Peyton starts off game one of the season and in playoff form! Pick 6! Oh, wait...

I bought the NFL Preseason package and watched part of the Colts game last night. During the second half, Irsay was in the booth and stated that it was not guaranteed that Payton would be ready for the start of the season and that the Colts had to prepare to play without him. It appears to be a consistent theme.

Maybe, just maybe the Colts are stealing one from BB's playbook.

Oh, woe is us. Manning is injured. We're doomed! And then surprise! Peyton starts off game one of the season and in playoff form! Pick 6! Oh, wait...

Neck surgery is the new sore right shoulder in Indy.

This can only mean one thing: Brett Favre is coming back as a Colt!

Last edited:

Bizarre twits to say the least. He has two Polians who are presumably paid to make personnel decisions and anticipate needs. Either they were negligent or incompetent. How do you let things get this far?

Would BB ever be caught this unprepared?

The malpractice award the Colts are going to get from the doctor who overtightened Manning's neck bolt is going to be staggering.

Ah, the mating call of the NE Patriot fan "The Colts are done".

Yeah right. We've been hearing this from you guys year in and year out for years now. Manning is only 35, he's only a little over a year older than Brady. Wayne had one of his best seasons last year, Clark is back healthy, Tamme looked great last year. Garcon is young and if he can improve on his drops, a very good number 2. Collie is a young stud if his concussions aren't a long term factor, and They beefed up the Oline in the draft, they got a solid RB core and they added Carter for short yardage, Angerer has looked good, the D Line has been beefed up.

In short, the Colts are going to be fine. Every year you guys go on about how the "Colts are done" lol. It hasn't happened yet.

The only things about the Colts that worry me are the coach, Caldwell sucks and the special teams, which both cost them the game against the Jets last year.

Manning and the offense will be fine. The D should be improved from last year.

12-4, first place in the South.

Also, you guys crack me up with all the "the Colts have played in a weak division" talk.

I mean, the AFC East has been a real powerhouse since the realignment, right? The Dolphins have stunk most of that time, the Bills haven't made the PO's and I believe have only had one winning record since the 90's, and the Jets have been mediocre, bouncing from good year to bad year. The Jets got lucky in 2009, with a combination of the Colts and Bengals laying down and the Chargers missing FGs.

Anyway, it just always kills me how you guys, before every season, go on about how "the Colts are done" or "the Colts don't worry me anymore". Last I checked the Pats haven't won a PO game since 2007, they got beat last year at home and beat down at home the year before.

Seems like you guys should be worrying about your own team.

Could those tweets be fake? I can't imagine that anyone could be so daft.

Bait taken!!!!

Yeah right. We've been hearing this from you guys year in and year out for years now. Manning is only 35, he's only a little over a year older than Brady. Wayne had one of his best seasons last year, Clark is back healthy, Tamme looked great last year. Garcon is young and if he can improve on his drops, a very good number 2. Collie is a young stud if his concussions aren't a long term factor, and They beefed up the Oline in the draft, they got a solid RB core and they added Carter for short yardage, Angerer has looked good, the D Line has been beefed up.

In short, the Colts are going to be fine. Every year you guys go on about how the "Colts are done" lol. It hasn't happened yet.

The only things about the Colts that worry me are the coach, Caldwell sucks and the special teams, which both cost them the game against the Jets last year.

Also, you guys crack me up with all the "the Colts have played in a weak division" talk.

I mean, the AFC East has been a real powerhouse since the realignment, right? The Dolphins have stunk most of that time, the Bills haven't made the PO's and I believe have only had one winning record since the 90's, and the Jets have been mediocre, bouncing from good year to bad year. The Jets got lucky in 2009, with a combination of the Colts and Bengals laying down and the Chargers missing FGs.

Anyway, it just always kills me how you guys, before every season, go on about how "the Colts are done" or "the Colts don't worry me anymore". Last I checked the Pats haven't won a PO game since 2007, they got beat last year at home and beat down at home the year before.

I'm sure there's never been a Pats-related thread on a Colts board.

Real talk.

Seems like maybe we've found a sore spot.
rolleyes.gif

The Colts won only 10 games last year, with Manning and his receivers having all offseason to work on timing. The Colts offense is completely built around that timing, and they aren't able to develop it right now. The Colts first five games are against Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and Kansas City. A slow start could put them behind in their division, and Houston may actually have a team with a heart this year.

Meanwhile, the Patriots went 14-2 last season and have made moves to bring in top end talent like Haynesworth and Johnson. Before coming here to talk crap, you should probably be burning candles hoping that Manningstein is alright, and that the Colts make the playoffs.

Could those tweets be fake? I can't imagine that anyone could be so daft.

A drunk twit? Things like this happen when folks get online after a few (or a LOT) drinks......... :rolleyes:

We've seen it here before!

A drunk twit? Things like this happen when folks get online after a few (or a LOT) drinks......... :rolleyes:

We've seen it here before!

Yeah, I've definitely been guilty of that myself.

Meanwhile, the Patriots went 14-2 last season and have made moves to bring in top end talent like Haynesworth and Johnson. Before coming here to talk crap, you should probably be burning candles hoping that Manningstein is alright, and that the Colts make the playoffs.

Because if he's not, it's in the hands of Painter or Orlovsky. They could develop into another Matt Cassel but ...not likely..

Painter’s career stats: 8/28 83 yds 0/2 9.8 rating
Orlovsky’s stats: 150/272 1679 8/8 71.3 rating

And an acute lack of awareness of where the white line is located…

This is how bad the Lions SUCK!! Dan Orlovsky BLUNDER HAHAHA - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, I've definitely been guilty of that myself.

heh.......

I once came home hammered and wrote a blog post. The next afternoon I had all these comments on my blog about it being so well written, concise, etc etc etc.

My problem was that I didn't even remember coming home, (my friend the cabbie did, though) let alone writing that post, and sadly....... it WAS a nicely written piece. :eek:

So....... yeah. Sigh.

The Colts won only 10 games last year, with Manning and his receivers having all offseason to work on timing. The Colts offense is completely built around that timing, and they aren't able to develop it right now. The Colts first five games are against Houston, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay and Kansas City. A slow start could put them behind in their division, and Houston may actually have a team with a heart this year.

Yeah....maybe you missed it, last year Gonzo, Addai, Collie, and Clark were all hurt a lot of the season. Manning was throwing or handing off to such all time greats as Blair White, Javaris James, Jacob Tamme.

The Colts came to NE, without Addai or Clark, Collie got knocked out again, and the Colts still came within a bad pass and 3 points of beating the Pats again. The Colts have pretty much owned the Pats since 2005. Winning 5 out of the past 7 against the Pats.

And Houston may be a team with "heart", maybe, but the Texans have been the darling of the preseason for around 3 years now. Every year is supposed to be "their year". It hasn't happened yet and their D sucks. Before Houston the Jags were going to dethrone the Colts for a few seasons.

Manning will be fine. Count on it.

Pats fans better worry about the Jets.

heh.......

I once came home hammered and wrote a blog post. The next afternoon I had all these comments on my blog about it being so well written, concise, etc etc etc.

My problem was that I didn't even remember coming home, (my friend the cabbie did, though) let alone writing that post, and sadly....... it WAS a nicely written piece. :eek:

So....... yeah. Sigh.

Makes sense. Your true artistic nature came out after the alcohol eliminated your inhibitions. Just like drinking make me funnier and sexier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News