PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All about Peyton Manning (merged X3 and title change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: OT: Jim Irsay with a cryptic tweet(merged)

Yeah....maybe you missed it, last year Gonzo, Addai, Collie, and Clark were all hurt a lot of the season. Manning was throwing or handing off to such all time greats as Blair White, Javaris James, Jacob Tamme.

The Colts came to NE, without Addai or Clark, Collie got knocked out again, and the Colts still came within a bad pass and 3 points of beating the Pats again. The Colts have pretty much owned the Pats since 2005. Winning 5 out of the past 7 against the Pats.

And Houston may be a team with "heart", maybe, but the Texans have been the darling of the preseason for around 3 years now. Every year is supposed to be "their year". It hasn't happened yet and their D sucks. Before Houston the Jags were going to dethrone the Colts for a few seasons.

Manning will be fine. Count on it.

Pats fans better worry about the Jets.

Manning is on PUP

Count on it, tool! :cool:

PM me for Favre's phone # bro

Last edited:
Re: P. Manning to PUP

Hope he doesn't miss too many games. Going to be very disappointed if Peyton isn't throwing picks in Houston week 1.

Wasn't he already on PUP? Or is this saying that he's on regular season PUP?

Wasn't he already on PUP? Or is this saying that he's on regular season PUP?

I think they meant regular season PUP. The running title was, "Colts prepare for football without Manning."

I think they meant regular season PUP. The running title was, "Colts prepare for football without Manning."
Why would they make that decision now? They wouldn't have to until final cutdown. If I am correct, he is banished from practice until after game 6. Wouldn't they want him around the next 2 weeks even if he will be going on PUP later. This makes no sense to me.

Should of addressed their backup QB long before it came to this. I guess they feel strongly about the Painter.

Figures we don't play them until late in the year. Would have been nice to get them without robot. Second thought, I enjoy beating Manning!

According to Manning he will miss the two remaining pre season games and hopes to play in reg season #1. These guys on NFLN sure were making a big deal out of this.

Let the Painter era begin........

I don't think Curtis Painter is ready for the big time

This would 'paint' a bad picture for Colts fans

Whose the 3rd string QB?

Last edited:

Well, I was looking forward to a thread like this after he Favre'd, but whatever.
He may be back and who knows what the lackeys can produce meanwhile.
Look to Pittsburgh last season for the skinny. Their #2's produced without Raw Burgers.
Manning gone = Loss of revenue.
The league will be in disarray for sure! Guaranteed dollars??? Oops!

bogus thread, I think

They were talking about the preseason pup list.

No reason to decide on the regular season pup list yet, which would put him out for 6 games

Why would they make that decision now? They wouldn't have to until final cutdown. If I am correct, he is banished from practice until after game 6. Wouldn't they want him around the next 2 weeks even if he will be going on PUP later. This makes no sense to me.

maybe he's really in a lot of discomfort or pain.

I don't think Curtis Painter is ready for the big time

This would 'paint' a bad picture for Colts fans

Whose the 3rd string QB?

maybe they'll trade a Round One for Mallett...

:D

maybe he's really in a lot of discomfort or pain.

I suspect he's gonna be in a lot of that if they don't address their O-Line issues.

The natives are getting pretty jiggy over on Coltsfreaks. Irsay tweeted last night that they may have to bring in a veteran (because Painter and Orlovsky both stunk again last night) and Manning may not be ready for the regular season. Of course most of Irsay's tweets get dismissed as drug or alcohol induced ramblings... Right now their backups are so bad the starters can't get the level of work they need to prep absent Peyton in the pre season. Not sure any 11th hour vet will be able to provide much more though...

Not sure what kind of ego or $$ issues caused the ultimate departure of Moore and Mudd but Caldwell and his lieutenants don't get a lot of love from Indy fans either.

Last edited:

Should of addressed their backup QB long before it came to this. I guess they feel strongly about the Painter.

I'm sure they DO feel strongly about Painter.

Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of options.

Hope he gets better soon, neck injuries are nothing to treat lightly, he shouldn't play unless he is ok.

The natives are getting pretty jiggy over on Coltsfreaks. Irsay tweeted last night that they may have to bring in a veteran (because Painter and Orlovsky both stunk again last night) and Manning may not be ready for the regular season. Of course most of Irsay's tweets get dismissed as drug or alcohol induced ramblings... Right now their backups are so bad the starters can't get the level of work they need to prep absent Peyton in the pre season. Not sure any 11th hour vet will be able to provide much more though...

Not sure what kind of ego or $$ issues caused the ultimate departure of Moore and Mudd but Caldwell and his lieutenants don't get a lot of love from Indy fans either.
Isnt this about the spot where Polian leaves and goes to another franchise so the focus can be on the future of a new team rather than the demise of what he left behind (Buff to Carolina, Carolina to Indy, Indy to ?)

Isnt this about the spot where Polian leaves and goes to another franchise so the focus can be on the future of a new team rather than the demise of what he left behind (Buff to Carolina, Carolina to Indy, Indy to ?)

Indy to the JETS or TEXANS would seem to be the next venue for causing hate & discontent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back