PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All about Peyton Manning (merged X3 and title change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Jim Irsay with a cryptic tweet(merged)

Any kind of neck surgery to repair a nerve is no joke. I wish Peyton Manning the speediest of recoveries. Hoping he will be on the field week 1 regardless of my disdain for him and the Colts.

Find it very weird they would allow these tweets to be viewed. Something doesn't seem right here.

Same here. I like him. hate Polian and hate Peyton sometimes when he plays but he does seem like a good guy and have respected him since seeing him host SNL when he made fun of himself so well.

IMO the Colts have already been that foolish, by failing to develop any kind of backup to a 35-year-old QB with nagging injuries. It's as if they decided years ago that if Manning went down, they'd just give up.

For all that Pats fans have whined about selections like Kevin O'Connell, I'm very glad they take the backup QB position seriously. In the 13 drafts since Manning was selected, the Colts have invested a total of 2 6th-round picks on quarterbacks.
I didn't realize Pay a Ton was that Old, Indy Is Crazy for giving him s long term deal for that kind of money.

Last edited:
Colts don't have that bad of a team, if they had even an average backup they could do ok, granted they wouldn't be title contenders but they could pull out 7-9 wins. Although Caldwell isn't the best coach. I think with Dungy and Sorgi they probably could of pulled off a matt cassel kinda year like pats had in 08. Anyways, Painter is just awful. Any game he starts you can add a number in the loss column. Maybe pursue Kerry Collins to come out of retirement?

Without Manning, they are a horrible team. On defense, it is pretty much Freeney and Mathis and a bunch of other guys who are average to below average. On offense, their line is below average. They have an great TE and #1 WR, but no running game whatsoever and a bunch of average WRs that Manning makes good.

With an average QB, they would be a 5-6 win team. Right now, when teams play the Colts, they don't have to worry about the running game at all and play pass almost all game. Manning can still pick them apart. An average QB couldn't. The Colts' run defense is bad, but it doesn't matter because most teams have to abandon the run because Manning turns it into a shootout.

Sorry, but Manning is the Colts.

Holy crap it is fun reading the Colts related posts around here.

You guys post some funny stuff. Particularly about how great the Pats are at developing QBs.

You all must have really short memories because I remember after the PS in 2008 most of you were wanting Cassel cut because he stunk it up so bad in the preseason that year.

Now after what, 2 PS games Mallet is the heir apparent to Brady and a "franchise" QB lol?

I also remember many Pats fans crying out for freaking Dante Culpepper after Brady went down because nobody thought Cassel could play. Let me guess though, if Bret Favre had been available when Brady went down you guys wouldn't have had the slightest interest....even though you all wanted Dante Culpepper? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Honestly the way you guys work yourselves into a frothing mob over a stupid tweet is just nuts.

Maybe Irsay finds you guys as amusing as I do and just tweets to watch the bedlam around here?

How about you actually wait until week 1 and see what happens? I remember this exact same thing happening in 2008 when Manning had the knee injury and got off to a slow start. Pats fans went berzerk about how "Manning and the Colts are done" How'd that work out? 12-4 and MVP.

You guys kill me. You really do. Stuff like this is why I come here.

You guys post some funny stuff. Particularly about how great the Pats are at developing QBs.

You all must have really short memories because I remember after the PS in 2008 most of you were wanting Cassel cut because he stunk it up so bad in the preseason that year.

Now after what, 2 PS games Mallet is the heir apparent to Brady and a "franchise" QB lol?

I also remember many Pats fans crying out for freaking Dante Culpepper after Brady went down because nobody thought Cassel could play. Let me guess though, if Bret Favre had been available when Brady went down you guys wouldn't have had the slightest interest....even though you all wanted Dante Culpepper? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Honestly the way you guys work yourselves into a frothing mob over a stupid tweet is just nuts.

Maybe Irsay finds you guys as amusing as I do and just tweets to watch the bedlam around here?

How about you actually wait until week 1 and see what happens? I remember this exact same thing happening in 2008 when Manning had the knee injury and got off to a slow start. Pats fans went berzerk about how "Manning and the Colts are done" How'd that work out? 12-4 and MVP.

12-4 and another early playoff exit under Manning

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I didn't realize Pay a Ton was that Old, Indy Is Crazy for giving him s long term deal for that kind of money.

Did you realize Brady is that old?

He's not much younger than Manning. It is odd how Manning is only 15 months older than Brady but you guys always talk about his age.....but not Brady's.

Remind me again...when is the last time the Pats won a playoff game?

Longest home winning streak in NFL history right?

.....if you don't count the PO's.

Fair enough, but 3 rings are still better than 1 to my knowledge.

Well, if you're going to take THAT route, then who has the longest win streak in NFL history?

Greg "throw 10 yards past the LOS" McElroy?

Greg "leads the league in QB rating for rookies through week 2" McElroy. Arm strength is over rated and can often be improved on dramatically with hard work on conditioning and even on mechanics alone. Just ask Brady.

Hated to see the JETS land this kid. He has save your ass potential the likes of which the JETS may well need and no one they've had at backup let alone behind Sanchez has remotely had the last couple of seasons. He had highly functional Brady backup written all over him.

Do not remember many, if any Patriot fans mentioning Culpepper. Maybe some other veteran

Analyzing your wrong-ness in 3....2....1...:

1. Maybe after the FIRST PS game some posters were saying this, but the intelligent ones were not. After the SECOND game very few were saying this. And I have a feeling that you're jealous that we can even have this discussion. I don't see Colt fans debating whether Painter could be the heir to Manning.

2. Not more than 10 fans even considered wanting Culpepper. Maybe other veteran QBs, but never Daunte.

3. Oh like the same frothing mob that ALL Colt fans were a part of after Manning choked in SB 45?

If you are going to insult Patriot fans, at least attempt to get your facts right.

Have a nice day :cool:

Re: OT: Jim Irsay with a cryptic tweet(merged)

Indeed. I'd add that Al Davis gets the nod for most bizarre behaviour. :cool:

Al Davis is detestable also. Maybe not as bad as Synder. In fact the owners as a group are a rum lot; they did not get that rich by being nice. Jerry Jones was behind the effort to screw the players during the latest negotiations for the new contract. Arthur Blank and Home Depot--the place that destroyed the family hardware store. There was even some reports in some far left publications (Boston Globe?) about Bob Kraft taking over companies and doing massive layoffs....

Well, if Peyton's injury is really serious they could avoid surgery by attaching the electrodes to the bolts in his neck during the next thunderstorm and wait for lightning. :D

When the power hits the bolts in his neck, BAM he's cured! Then we get to hear "errrrr...hurrr durrrr... smoooke!... Noooooo!...FIRE BAD!!!!!! EHHHHHH.......ERRRRRR... herpaderpaderp."

Hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes