PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All about Peyton Manning (merged X3 and title change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I hope Manning doesnt have to miss any time

I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone, but I won't shed any tears if Manning sits a few games out either.

Only so many years of this all time great rivalry left. I would hate it the Colts lost a competitive season because of this.

Thoughts?

Now, if Bill Polian lost a season to injury ...

I wouldn't mind a play where a safety blitzes and dives to his knees tearing his ACL.

I am 100% certain that all the AFC fans outside of us did not mind when Brady went down; in fact, I can GUARANTEE that they cheered with joy as they saw Pollard take him down. Besides, when is all said and done, Manning vs. Brady will be skewed for Brady missing a full season and then having to recover and it would only be fair.

That is just my $2 cents.

I'd never wish an injury on a player. I hope you don't really feel that way.

Um...no I don't want him hurt. If you cheer Manning getting hurt or hope he does then you are no better than the Bills or Steelers fans who where cheering when Brady got hurt in 2008.

I hope Manning doesn't miss any time. Injuries to players robs football fans, not just Patriots fans of watching the best go at their craft. I love watching football and I love beating the Colts.

Don't know about you guys, but I really enjoy watching Peyton Manning play. Mad respect for the guy, hope he doesn't miss any time. Between him and Brady we might very well be witnessing the two best QBs who ever lived in their primes. I want to enjoy that as much as I can.

I look forward to Manning face, particularly in the playoffs. Wouldn't be the same without it.

I hope Manning doesn't miss any time. Injuries to players robs football fans, not just Patriots fans of watching the best go at their craft. I love watching football and I love beating the Colts.

Precisely.

Sad to say the number of games we fans have left to watch the elite QBs Manning and Brady play is limited. I have confidence in the Patriots' ability to contend with the Colts. These clashes are what forge vivid football memories. I hope as Deus would say that Peyton gets his neck bolts tightened and is on the field tossing more of those classically memorable pick 6s again early this season.

I look forward to Manning face, particularly in the playoffs. Wouldn't be the same without it.

x2

Nothing like Manning throwing 4 picks in Foxboro with his increasing hysteria, and pink forehead getting more purple by the minute.... good times...

It seems Manning will miss at least one regular season game which is good IMO. Manning's game played streak is one of the few things he has over Brady. So, I'll take that, but I want him and the aging Colts in the first round right here in Foxboro so we can apply a sound wupping to Manning in the playoffs - leaving him at 10-11 all time (9-10 right now) (has to win the first round to get to Foxboro since we'll have the best record in the AFC). That will also mean 1-11 in season ending playoffs games vs. Brady's 3-5.

Last edited:

Yeah, I want him playing. Manning-face, pick 6s, the arms flailing after an incompletion...I want it all.

I don't give a **** if they cheered when Brady went down. I'm not stooping to that level, and people who would cheer an injury should stop *****ing about fans cheering Brady's injury; they're no different.

I don't wish him any injury, but a few games without him and a few Colts losses wouldn't bother me any. What I really wish I had was a ring side seat when, after signing Peytie Pie to a mega-millions extension, Polian heard from his agent, "By the way, his neck is still really hurting and he probably can't start the season. Have a good day!" More than one gasket was probably blown. LOL.

The holdup is supposedly waiting for nerves to regenerate...yeesh. Supposedly once they do he will be instantly good to go. Of course what happens thereafter may provide him with more than a pain in the neck. Polian has made a hot mess of that OL over the last couple of years between horrrifically bad drafting and aversion to FA. It now consists of Jeff Saturday, who is old as dirt and spent most of his offseason in a negotiation, surrounded by either 4 JAGS or 2 JAGS and 2 raw rookies - one of whom is penciled in as the LT of the remainder of Mannings career...

They don't have a cupcake schedule this year either. And their bye doesn't come until week 11.

Colts 2011 regular-season schedule:

Week 1 - @ Houston Texans, Sun. Sept. 11, 1 p.m. (L)

Week 2 - vs. Cleveland Browns, Sun. Sep. 18, 1 p.m. (McCoy trending upward...)

Week 3 - vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sun. Sep. 25, 8:20 p.m. (L)

Week 4 - @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Mon. Oct. 3, 8:30 p.m. (could go either way)

Week 5 - vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sun. Oct. 9, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 6 - @ Cincinnati Bengals, Sun. Oct. 16, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 7 - @ New Orleans Saints, Sun. Oct. 23, 8:20 p.m.(L)

Week 8 - @ Tennessee Titans, Sun. Oct. 30, 1 p.m. (tough D, ? QB)

Week 9 - vs. Atlanta Falcons, Sun. Nov. 6, 1 p.m. (L)

Week 10 - vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, Sun. Nov. 13, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 11 - BYE

Week 12 - vs. Carolina Panthers, Sun. Nov. 27, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 13 - @ New England Patriots, Sun. Dec. 4, 8:20 p.m.(L)

Week 14 - @ Baltimore Ravens, Sun. Dec. 11, 1 p.m.(L)

Week 15 - vs. Tenneesee Titans, Sun. Dec. 18, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 16 - vs. Houston Texans, Thu. Dec. 22, 8:20 p.m.(W)

Week 17 - @ Jacksonville Jaguars, Sun. Jan. 1, 1 p.m. (W)

Gonna be tough to wring 10 wins out of that schedule... Will need to have their customary horseshoe up the ass...

Last edited:

I wouldn't mind a play where a safety blitzes and dives to his knees tearing his ACL.

I am 100% certain that all the AFC fans outside of us did not mind when Brady went down; in fact, I can GUARANTEE that they cheered with joy as they saw Pollard take him down. Besides, when is all said and done, Manning vs. Brady will be skewed for Brady missing a full season and then having to recover and it would only be fair.

We aren't Steeler or Jets fans we have a lot more class than that. You should never wish an injury on any player.

I hope Manning's neck makes it safe for him to play this season. I reslish the games between Brady and Manning, going back to an earlier time this is like watching Bart Starr and John Unitas play, Russell & Wilt, Bird and Magic, perhaps you don't understand what you are getting to see here, seeing all time greats going head to head is the best of sport.

Put your 2 cents back in your pocket.

We aren't Steeler or Jets fans we have a lot more class than that. You should never wish an injury on any player.

I hope Manning's neck makes it safe for him to play this season. I reslish the games between Brady and Manning, going back to an earlier time this is like watching Bart Starr and John Unitas play, Russell & Wilt, Bird and Magic, perhaps you don't understand what you are getting to see here, seeing all time greats going head to head is the best of sport.

Absolutely agree. I don't wish injury on any player. That's very bad form to begin with, and if nothing else, Karma just loves when a jerk makes a wish like that. She always evens things out. :cool:

The holdup is supposedly waiting for nerves to regenerate...yeesh. Supposedly once they do he will be instantly good to go. Of course what happens thereafter may provide him with more than a pain in the neck. Polian has made a hot mess of that OL over the last couple of years between horrrifically bad drafting and aversion to FA. It now consists of Jeff Saturday, who is old as dirt and spent most of his offseason in a negotiation, surrounded by either 4 JAGS or 2 JAGS and 2 raw rookies - one of whom is penciled in as the LT of the remainder of Mannings career...

They don't have a cupcake schedule this year either. And their bye doesn't come until week 11.

Colts 2011 regular-season schedule:

Week 1 - @ Houston Texans, Sun. Sept. 11, 1 p.m. (L)

Week 2 - vs. Cleveland Browns, Sun. Sep. 18, 1 p.m. (McCoy trending upward...)

Week 3 - vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sun. Sep. 25, 8:20 p.m. (L)

Week 4 - @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Mon. Oct. 3, 8:30 p.m. (could go either way)

Week 5 - vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sun. Oct. 9, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 6 - @ Cincinnati Bengals, Sun. Oct. 16, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 7 - @ New Orleans Saints, Sun. Oct. 23, 8:20 p.m.(L)

Week 8 - @ Tennessee Titans, Sun. Oct. 30, 1 p.m. (tough D, ? QB)

Week 9 - vs. Atlanta Falcons, Sun. Nov. 6, 1 p.m. (L)

Week 10 - vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, Sun. Nov. 13, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 11 - BYE

Week 12 - vs. Carolina Panthers, Sun. Nov. 27, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 13 - @ New England Patriots, Sun. Dec. 4, 8:20 p.m.(L)

Week 14 - @ Baltimore Ravens, Sun. Dec. 11, 1 p.m.(L)

Week 15 - vs. Tenneesee Titans, Sun. Dec. 18, 1 p.m. (W)

Week 16 - vs. Houston Texans, Thu. Dec. 22, 8:20 p.m.(W)

Week 17 - @ Jacksonville Jaguars, Sun. Jan. 1, 1 p.m. (W)

Gonna be tough to wring 10 wins out of that schedule... Will need to have their customary horseshoe up the ass...

I'll bet you NBC is hoping he gets PUPed. Then his first game would be week 7, prime time at N'awlins. Boffo ratings.....
EDIT On second thought, maybe not as week #3 vs Pitt is also Sunday night and that could be over by the end of the first quarter..

Last edited:
I'll bet you NBC is hoping he gets PUPed. Then his first game would be week 7, prime time at N'awlins. Boffo ratings.....
EDIT On second thought, maybe not as week #3 vs Pitt is also Sunday night and that could be over by the end of the first quarter..

Not only that, but week 4 with Tampa Bay won't be easy for them either. Tampa & Indy play this week, and that gives Tampa paper on how those back ups will perform. Every edge counts.

Not only that, but week 4 with Tampa Bay won't be easy for them either. Tampa & Indy play this week, and that gives Tampa paper on how those back ups will perform. Every edge counts.

Actually it's Green Bay-Indy and TB-Miami this week but it will be interesting to see a Manning-less Colts team against a first rate defense, even if for the first quarter or two. McCoy's comment about Manning coming in on Mon night was referring to week #4 and a QB of Brady/Manning caliber in the regular season, I think.

Last edited:
Indy has the reigning world champs on the docket this week in the all important PS week 3... Gonna be a bloodbath. Sorgi was always about as pedestrian as it comes for a backup, but the current crew (Painter and Orlofsky) are beyond worthless. You cannot make anything work or work on anything with that level of QB play mucking up the works. They should have gone after the kid I hoped we would had Mallett not fallen into Bill's lap, McElroy. If he can handle playing behind Sanchize in Shotty's offense out of the gate as an UDFA he would have given Indy a shot at functionality at the position. I honestly don't think Polian has a clue when it comes to evaluating QB's unless they are rated #1. Unfortunately for him until or unless the $90M man misses an entire season he ain't gonna have another shot at one of those.

Last edited:

You are despicable. I am embarrassed that someone would post this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back