PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Maybin - BBs type of guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Could this guy be the player NE takes in round one?

This versatile defensive player comes from what USED to be a school nicknamed Linebacker U which of course is Penn State

Seems like he is made for this team as he can play either DE or OLB and BB likes these types of guys although I can't remember the last time BB drafted a player from Penn State

Of course this is based BEFORE the combine,But anyone right now on the Maybin bandwagon?

Last edited:
Too early to tell. From what I've seen and heard he has great athleticism, is young, has a high upside, and may be one of the better DL -> OLB conversion projects to come around in a while. He also sounds like a decent kid with a good motor.

On the downside he has only one year under his belt, is physically immature, may not be able to put on the needed weight, and is not necessarily able to handle the coverage and point of attack duties that Belichick demands from his OLBs.

So I think he is someone we keep an eye on, but I am keeping an open mind as to whether he is a potential fit.

49ers Blog and Q&A: Kiper likes Maybin, Sanchez for 49ers
49ers Blog and Q&A

February 11, 2009
Kiper likes Maybin, Sanchez for 49ers

Just got off a conference call with the dean of draft prognosticators, Mel Kiper Jr., who has the 49ers picking Penn State defensive end Aaron Maybin in his latest mock draft.

Kiper: "This kid really flies off the ball ... He's got great value. (Teams) are going to go back to the film and look at the player. He's a guy you could see going 5-10."

Maybin, who would play OLB for the 49ers, has quickness. The question is whether he has the size having played at Penn State at around 240 pounds. He has said he is hoping to arrive at the combine at 250 pounds, and Maybin's measurements will be one of the more interesting aspects at the combine.

Weight is also an issue for another underclassman 'tweener, Everette Brown of Florida State. Some teams wonder if Brown has the body at this point to withstand the rigors of a 16-plus game season. In his final game at FSU, Brown weighed 225 pounds.

He saw a number of outside linebackers going late in the first round including Northern Illinois' Larry English and USC's Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews, jr. He has Virginia's Clint Sintim, a pass-rushing linebacker, going in the second round. The 49ers seemed to like Sintim at the Senior Bowl, but weren't blown away.

Could this guy be the player NE takes in round one?

This versatile defensive player comes from what USED to be a school nicknamed Linebacker U which of course is Penn State

Seems like he is made for this team as he can play either DE or OLB and BB likes these types of guys although I can't remember the last time BB drafted a player from Penn State

Of course this is based BEFORE the combine,But anyone right now on the Maybin bandwagon?

i've been on the maybin bandwagon.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...09209-who-do-you-like-our-1st-pick-page6.html

I like Maybin's upside but I think he is slated to go well before the Pats get to pick. If he slips though, you gotta take a long hard look.

Mayo, when he came in, looked like a man. He looks 30 years old and not out of place standing next to veterans. Maybin looks like a high school kid. Sometimes these boyish-looking guys act and play like kids too.

Mayo, when he came in, looked like a man. He looks 30 years old and not out of place standing next to veterans. Maybin looks like a high school kid. Sometimes these boyish-looking guys act and play like kids too.

There is a guy that looked like a high school kid that I can remember saying looked like one coming out of the draft

That happens to be the QB that beat the Patriots last year in the Super Bowl...Eli Manning

Looks mean nothing IMO

How many First Roundd draft picks has Belichick used on under classmen. Not many, (Any?)

So Maybin is a possibility, but a remote one. :D

How many First Roundd draft picks has Belichick used on under classmen. Not many, (Any?)

So Maybin is a possibility, but a remote one. :D

I think there was a guy named Mayo ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back