PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mouthing off to McDaniels is what Dobson benched for two games, then that's some pretty dumb ****. I'd be more inclined to evenly parcel out the blame if McDaniels didn't have a history of pulling this crap with his players. He shouldn't have the authority to be benching anyone.
He doesnt. Its BB's call. People just love to call out JMD.

Yes

NE brings 5 RBs to KC but passes the ball instead with Thompkins/Dobson benched.

And the in "BB we trust crowd" would agree that gives us the best chance to win.:mad: If BB ain't talking out of his @ss there I don't know who is.:rolleyes:

There's gotta be a way of punishing Aaron Dobson without punishing the team.
Iam not sure. What have you seen of dobson that wouldve helped monday night ? They would gotten steamrolled anyway. Unless they solve protection issues on a consistent basis and he can get open quickly , he wouldve made little difference. Thats at least my opinion. What happened Monday was the lack of commitment to run the ball with 4 backs., not the lack of a WR.

via Mike Reiss on his chat today- believe what you will

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/51193
andy (minot nd)

What's with Dobson's attitude problem? Do you have any insight in this?

Mike
(11:09 AM)

Andy, I'm aware of the report, citing an anonymous source, that Dobson might have "mouthed off" to Josh McDaniels. I don't know if that is true, but two people I trust who I believe are very close to that situation told me to be careful with that information. My understanding is that Dobson's lack of action is more football-based. Struggling to get open in practice. Don't do well in practice, hard to have confidence to put the player in a game. Take that for what it's worth, but that's the intel I have.

The second coming Aaron Dobson struggling to get open in practice blasphemy!

And the in "BB we trust crowd" would agree that gives us the best chance to win.:mad: If BB ain't talking out of his @ss there I don't know who is.:rolleyes:
check out reiss's film break down. The whole game plan was based on very quick throws so that brady wouldnt get hit and Oline wont have to hang on too long. Dobson isnt the player for that. Now do I agree with the game plan ? No. They shouldve lined up and run the ball.
Monday was one of the most disappointing games but you take it play by play, they convert one 3rd and 3, dont give up a TD in 3 plays , things change. There is a very short margin of error and things get out of hand when the team is not playign well.

And well deserved blame too if you cannot design plays for a 5Mill dollar WR you are not doing your job as OC. McDaniels play calling leaves alot to be desired too.
Money has nothing to do with it. They couldnt get Chad Johnson to work here. Many WR dont earn Brady's trust and leave NE but no one seems to call out brady because they no ground to stand on. Easy to kill the OC.

We don't usually hear about players in practice once the season is underway so it makes sense why Dobson is inactive game after game. It is a pretty bad sign he cannot play well in practice. I was never high on Dobson at all but I seem to be in the minority considering how many people on here are convinced he is going to be a stud.

I suppose at this point it does not matter who Brady has for receivers. This oline is so weak that Brady has no time to throw and when he does have time he is extremely inaccurate because he is always hearing footsteps.

Last edited:
If he's going against Revis, I'd expect him to not be open.

Andy, I'm aware of the report, citing an anonymous source, that Dobson might have "mouthed off" to Josh McDaniels. I don't know if that is true, but two people I trust who I believe are very close to that situation told me to be careful with that information. My understanding is that Dobson's lack of action is more football-based. Struggling to get open in practice. Don't do well in practice, hard to have confidence to put the player in a game. Take that for what it's worth, but that's the intel I have.

"Intel I have" = Someone from the Patriots spinning the story.

Because if it was about getting open Amendola should have been inactive all 4 games as well.

"Intel I have" = Someone from the Patriots spinning the story.

Because if it was about getting open Amendola should have been inactive all 4 games as well.
Well..last nite everyone claimed its the Pats who leaked the Dobson mouthing off story. So you have to decide, what the pats leaked. Cant be both.

A more reasonable problem to think about

Bob (Canton)

Mike...for years now we have heard how hard it is for receivers to grasp the Patriots offense and that is why free agents (Chad Johnson) and draft picks (a list of many) can't succeed. After years of hard evidence, why wouldn't the Patriots create a simpler offense instead of putting sub-par receivers on the field year after year?

Mike
(11:43 AM)

This might be the biggest issue, Bob, and I'm reminded of something that current Patriots assistant to the coaching staff Michael Lombardi once said during his time working in the media: The Patriots have to be careful of not having a similar situation to what unfolded with Miami with Dan Marino in his latter years. The playbook had become so thick, and once veteran receivers Mark Duper/Mark Clayton weren't around, Marino didn't have anyone else to rely upon because it was so hard for the young guys to pick up. I wonder if that's exactly what we're seeing.

Well..last nite everyone claimed its the Pats who leaked the Dobson mouthing off story. So you have to decide, what the pats leaked. Cant be both.

It's the patented "double bluff" technique. Belichich was bored, so he decided to send out conflicting reports through sources, in order to screw with the crazy people who blame offensive coordinators for everything.

SMY stated that Dobson mouthed off before the Oakland game or so it was explained to her.

If Sunday goes badly, I see more substantial entertainment coming next week

so what did KT say to not be on the active roster ? anyways I think Dobson will be cut after this season because of this and then we will see if can play

Well i'm not claiming the Pats leaked that story because I don't believe they would leak it and if it was someone from the Pats they decided to leak it on their own and the Pats then went to their most trusted beat guy to spin it.

so what did KT say to not be on the active roster ? anyways I think Dobson will be cut after this season because of this and then we will see if can play

If he was gonna be cut it would happen soon.

Well i'm not claiming the Pats leaked that story because I don't believe they would leak it and if it was someone from the Pats they decided to leak it on their own and the Pats then went to their most trusted beat guy to spin it.
Again, you can always believe what you want to believe and makes us happy. Doesnt mean it is true.

A more reasonable problem to think about

Bob (Canton)

Mike...for years now we have heard how hard it is for receivers to grasp the Patriots offense and that is why free agents (Chad Johnson) and draft picks (a list of many) can't succeed. After years of hard evidence, why wouldn't the Patriots create a simpler offense instead of putting sub-par receivers on the field year after year?

Mike
(11:43 AM)

This might be the biggest issue, Bob, and I'm reminded of something that current Patriots assistant to the coaching staff Michael Lombardi once said during his time working in the media: The Patriots have to be careful of not having a similar situation to what unfolded with Miami with Dan Marino in his latter years. The playbook had become so thick, and once veteran receivers Mark Duper/Mark Clayton weren't around, Marino didn't have anyone else to rely upon because it was so hard for the young guys to pick up. I wonder if that's exactly what we're seeing.

I think that is the big issue. One of the things that made this offense so hard to defend was the complicated schemes. Now it might be a hindrance for the team rather than a benefit. I don't think it is worth getting a high priced free agent or high draft pick WR if they have a complicated offense because the odds are not good enough that they will pick up the offense.

I have always been a proponent of not changing the playbook, but I think this year they might have to make it simpler.

That is the one problem I have with this. This punishment hurts the team. But Belichick has always done this this way (first quarter benching of Welker in the playoffs, benching Seymour for a half).

Benching Welker in the playoffs was one of the few things Belichick has ever done I've genuinely had a problem with. I wonder if we're running that asinine screen pass for BJGE, one of the worst receiving backs ever to come through here, if Welker is in the game.

The Dobson move would be on par if true. Reiss' two cents matter, too, though I should say SMY has proven she has sources in the team. And to be quite honest, I'm not sure Reiss has.

Iam not sure. What have you seen of dobson that wouldve helped monday night ? They would gotten steamrolled anyway. Unless they solve protection issues on a consistent basis and he can get open quickly , he wouldve made little difference.

Maybe true about the protection. But they need to take some shots deep, even if it means max protect. They can't play in a 15 yard box all year. Dobson is the only guy with real hope of being a prototypical deep threat on this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes