PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dobson probably yelled at McDaniels because Brady never throws him the ball when he is open...

Only one team per year actually completes their goal. We are spoiled fans who feel that winning the Super Bowl every year is the Pats' birthright and anything less than that is a complete failure of a season. Most teams in the NFL would have killed for three consecutive conference championship appearances.

Most teams don't have the undisputed GOAT at QB. We do. And he's going to waste.

Belichick had to sign off on it. People act like McDaniels did this by himself. No personnel decisions are done without Belichick's approval.

That kinda goes without saying since he's the coach and GM, and is a main reason why I was fine with McDaniels coming back in the first place.

Knowing McDaniels' history, I'm kinda surprised that Belichick gave his approval. Either there's more to this story that hasn't been reported or McDaniels is going full ****** with personnel management again and Belichick is letting him.

Most teams don't have the undisputed GOAT at QB. We do. And he's going to waste.

But some have guys like Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and haven't had much more success than the Pats over the last 10 years. Other than Montana, no other QB in the greatest of all time discussion have more rings than Brady.

People act like having greatest of all time QBs guarantee Super Bowls. Other than Montana, the opposite can be argued.

Id like Charlie Weis or someone that Brady respects.

Brady respects josh mcdaniels, more so than he did bill o brien. You think brady is upset now?

That kinda goes without saying since he's the coach and GM, and is a main reason why I was fine with McDaniels coming back in the first place.

Knowing McDaniels' history, I'm kinda surprised that Belichick gave his approval. Either there's more to this story that hasn't been reported or McDaniels is going full ****** with personnel management again and Belichick is letting him.

Or maybe Dobson said or did something worth a deactivation. Why are people automatically putting this on McDaniels?

There's gotta be a way of punishing Aaron Dobson without punishing the team.

Brady respects josh mcdaniels, more so than he did bill o brien. You think brady is upset now?

Yeah, people think Brady hates McDaniels. From most reports, he is closer to McDaniels than he ever was with either O'Brien (who he had a famous fight with on the sideline) and Weis.

There's gotta be a way of punishing Aaron Dobson without punishing the team.

That is the one problem I have with this. This punishment hurts the team. But Belichick has always done this this way (first quarter benching of Welker in the playoffs, benching Seymour for a half).

Or maybe Dobson said or did something worth a deactivation. Why are people automatically putting this on McDaniels?
No matter where you look media, forums, other message boards, it's apparent that many people do not like McDaniels. It doesn't just end with Patriot fans.

There has to be a reason for all of the disdain whether it's justified or not.

That's why he's getting blamed more than Dobson

No matter where you look media, forums, other message boards, it's apparent that many people do not like McDaniels. It doesn't just end with Patriot fans.

There has to be a reason for all of the disdain whether it's justified or not.

That's why he's getting blamed more than Dobson

Every team's fan base hates the offensive coordinator unless everything is going perfect. They hated Charlie Weis (other than 2004). They hated Bill O'Brien. They hate McDaniels. The worse the team does, the more they hate the OC. It is the same in every town in this country.

McDaniels is getting blamed for his because people are pissed off about the offense and of course they blame McDaniels for a lionshare.

And well deserved blame too if you cannot design plays for a 5Mill dollar WR you are not doing your job as OC. McDaniels play calling leaves alot to be desired too.

Well the whole Dobson thing is very concerning we don't want him to become a malcontent as well as We don't want him to get excluded from a offense that could really use his talents.
He's young and God knows I was a knucklehead myself Lets hope he makes a impact and plays against the Bengals.

Yes

NE brings 5 RBs to KC but passes the ball instead with Thompkins/Dobson benched.

That is Belichick's call. Blame him. He sets the inactives.

And what one do you think is more likely? If BB thinks McDaniels isn't doing a good enough job, he'll move on from him, just like he did Dean Pees, who coached with BB's dad at Navy.

And what one do you think is more likely? If BB thinks McDaniels isn't doing a good enough job, he'll move on from him, just like he did Dean Pees, who coached with BB's dad at Navy.

Sure, but I don't see how that answers any concerns re: what's happening right now. If McDaniels' incompetence in personnel management is screwing up this specific team, then it doesn't really matter for this specific team what Belichick decides to do with him in two years.

As far as which seems more likely, I dunno. I hope there's a lot more to the story, because the more likely alternative from where I'm standing is that McDaniels is up to the same **** that got his best offensive players run out of town in Denver. When forced to speculate, I'll go with the speculation that is consistent with a repeated pattern in a guy's history.

Charlie Weiss has failed miserably at every job he's has since The pats. And he has also ticked everyone off along the way. No thanks.

False

Weis took Cassel and KC to the playoffs at 10 -6. Cassels 2nd best season after leaving NE. Todd "Josh McDaniel's" Haley took over play calling at halftime of the Ravens playoff game LOSS. Weis quit because Haley is a doosh.

Also, what does Weis HCing NCAA football have to do with coaching in the NFL?

Absolutely nothing.

Sure, but I don't see how that answers any concerns re: what's happening right now. If McDaniels' incompetence in personnel management is screwing up this specific team, then it doesn't really matter for this specific team what Belichick decides to do with him in two years.
McDaniels doesn't get final approval on any personnel decisions. That's all on BB. What if Dobson said something to McDaniels in front of the whole team and BB was there and did all the disciplining? What if McDaniels didn't even have to say anything to BB about deactivating Dobson and BB made the decision all on his own?

People simply don't know enough about what happened and are using this to further their agenda on McDaniels.

It would need to be a pretty big damn infraction to warrant a 2 game deactivation. Seems excessive unless Dobson went absolutely HAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes