PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Toast to Bill Belichick

Of course he was looking around

Dude was underpaid and under appreciated his whole career. Can you blame him? Because I don’t. I bet the guy actually had to negotiate his way to under market deals.
Yes, you're under contract with the Patriots, you just won the Super Bowl, and you're messing with the archrivals. He would've been the next Clemens.

This story about him going for more money is a bunch of BS too. He signed for the same exact money in Tampa as the Patriots offered him: $25m.

And if Brian Flores didn't think what Brady did was totally unethical, he would've signed for $25m in Miami as well.

Brady would've been rightfully booed out of Foxboro.

The best first round pick the past 10 years?

Yes, you're under contract with the Patriots, you just won the Super Bowl, and you're messing with the archrivals. He would've been the next Clemens.

This story about him going for more money is a bunch of BS too. He signed for the same exact money in Tampa as the Patriots offered him: $25m.

And if Brian Flores didn't think what Brady did was totally unethical, he would've signed for $25m in Miami as well.

Maybe it was nice to be treated like a superstar for a change.

I don’t know. Either way I’m firmly in the let’s stop overrated Belichicks coaching job. Really good defensive mind. Must have been nice to have the greatest QB of all time in place so you didn’t have to do much with that side of the ball though

I don’t know. Either way I’m firmly in the let’s stop overrated Belichicks coaching job. Really good defensive mind. Must have been nice to have the greatest QB of all time in place so you didn’t have to do much with that side of the ball though
So let's stop overrating Red Auerbach then? Casey Stengle? Phil Jackson? Are you over rating all the greats or just BB? He has the most Superbowl wins. That is the best you can accomplish in your sport of choice. Nobody has ever been questioned regarding the amount of success he's had compared to the best in his sport.

He did enough: Moss, Welker, Lloyd, Cooks, Gronk, Hernandez and then even failed investments in Sanu and Antonio Brown. He also had Edelman. I don't think Brady was ever wanting except for 2006.

If the Bills fire McDermott after a bad playoff loss, I wonder if they explore hiring Belichick + McDaniels.

Imagine that.

Brady wanted 2/25, Krafty and/or Bill only offered 1/25. so, yeah, they cheaped out on the greatest player of all time. he got 2 years in Tampa, won a super bowl, while we watched Cam Newton running around going 5-15-65. So no, he didn't sign for the same $...Brady got $50m while the Pats offered him 25m

Bill gave the football world, and all of us, guys like Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Deion Branch, Matt Light, Matthew Slater, Devin McCourty, James White, Rhamondre Stevenson, Joe Andruzzi, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, David Andrews, Malcolm Butler, Dan Koppen, Dont'a Hightower, Chandler Jones, Jerod Mayo, Kevin Faulk, Danny Woodhead, Steven Gostkowski and so many more.

He got the best out of notorious malcontents like Randy Moss, Corey Dillon and Legarette Blount. And attracted all-time greats like Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison. And signed guys like Stephon Gilmore and Mike Vrabel.

He oversaw not one, but two dynasties and a 20 year stretch of excellence in Foxboro. Not to mention some epic news conferences...lol

He doesn't deserve a bust in Canton, he deserves a wing. He deserves a place in the Pats HOF by the end of the week.

He's largely responsible for my top ten sports memories (at least), and several of my happiest memories... period.

Thank you Coach Belichick.

Now will you guys stop cutting those onions? :D

A few games stand out :

*Intentional safety (high spike) in Denver
*Undermanned in Indy with Vinatieti passing for a TD and Troy B @cb
*(on to) Cincy
*epic AFCCGs

Coming back from 28-6 in the 3rd quarter :)

No Brady, no rings

I forget, who drafted Brady? Who benched the 1st overall draft pick QB for a gawky 6th rounder, who was one year removed from being the 4th string QB? For that matter, who kept 4 QBs on the roster because he saw promise in Brady? Who developed Brady and taught him the pro game?

The name's right on the tip of my tongue. I think his initials are BB. :)

Bill gave the football world, and all of us, guys like Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Deion Branch, Matt Light, Matthew Slater, Devin McCourty, James White, Rhamondre Stevenson, Joe Andruzzi, Vince Wilfork, Richard Seymour, David Andrews, Malcolm Butler, Dan Koppen, Dont'a Hightower, Chandler Jones, Jerod Mayo, Kevin Faulk, Danny Woodhead, Steven Gostkowski and so many more.

He got the best out of notorious malcontents like Randy Moss, Corey Dillon and Legarette Blount. And attracted all-time greats like Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison. And signed guys like Stephon Gilmore and Mike Vrabel.

He oversaw not one, but two dynasties and a 20 year stretch of excellence in Foxboro. Not to mention some epic news conferences...lol

He doesn't deserve a bust in Canton, he deserves a wing. He deserves a place in the Pats HOF by the end of the week.

He's largely responsible for my top ten sports memories (at least), and several of my happiest memories... period.

Thank you Coach Belichick.

Now will you guys stop cutting those onions? :D
Peach... Err. preach the word!

I forget, who drafted Brady? Who benched the 1st overall draft pick QB for a gawky 6th rounder, who was one year removed from being the 4th string QB? For that matter, who kept 4 QBs on the roster because he saw promise in Brady? Who developed Brady and taught him the pro game?

The name's right on the tip of my tongue. I think his initials are BB. :)
LOL. I'll help you to remember: all great coaches need great players. All great players need great coaches. Bill made a brady a better player, brady made Bill a better coach. It was a perfect union. Without them both we have no rings

Gut instinct here

I think he stays for one more year with O'brien picking his guy

Where did you get that?
Bart Starr was the Packers QB before Lombardi started coaching there and Starr outlasted Lombardi as well.

I got it from taking the games Starr didn't start for Lombardi, taking the wins, then dividing those by the wins + losses.

One more thing: do you honestly believe this stuff?

You guys really dont think he's the greatest coach ever?

It's another argument to say he's washed, but to say he's not the greatest ever is absolutely insane.

Do I believe Lombardi's winning percentage without Starr? Tough to argue against it?

I don't understand how your second question follows the first.

To argue Halas, Brown, and Lombardi don't belong in the conversation of greatest ever is absolutely insane.

Gut instinct here

I think he stays for one more year with O'brien picking his guy
There would have to be some major, major changes offensively. I habesaid that it had to be this ,looking this bad, rock bottom in order for the organization to make change.

BB/Brady.

Technically, the house that Bledsoe built. That’s where the resurgence and interest in the team started. Construction had begun long before Bill and Tom.

Yup. Rebuild 1.0 was a failure so the clock starts again on the next one. Bill is 71. I can't see him sticking around to see the outcome of this. No way.

Depends how you define rebuild.

Bill may look at it as with one good offensive draft and better injury luck he can win enough games to beat shulas record. Compete to win a playoff game? Probably not.

I mean we went from 7-8 to 10-6 in one offseason. A good offseason, easier schedule (maybe) and some injury luck you never know.

The defensive pieces are in place to beat a lot of bad QBs.

Everywhere else? Im rolling my eyes at this. Everywhere?
The team is now going to get blown up with good players like Barmore, Dugger, Peppers, Jon Jones, Wise, Onwenu, Rham, etc. going elsewhere.
These guys aren't going to stick around during a new rebuild. Every team that starts anew trades the older players of value away.

Abandoning a rebuild when you have the GOAT is about the dumbest thing ownership can do.

Bill replaced Brady with Mac Jones. This is what did the team in. They need a QB.

You are talking as if we aren’t in a new rebuild even if Bill stays. We just went 4-13 what do you call that?

Why would they blow up the entire defense? That makes no sense. The idea of a rebuild is to acquire more talent not less.

The offense is woefully untalented due to either neglect or poor drafting.

That’s not to say the team can’t rebound added they find a competent QB, a #1 receiver and fill out the Ol while keeping players like Duggar/Henry in FA.

Depends how you define rebuild.

Bill may look at it as with one good offensive draft and better injury luck he can win enough games to beat shulas record. Compete to win a playoff game? Probably not.

I mean we went from 7-8 to 10-6 in one offseason. A good offseason, easier schedule (maybe) and some injury luck you never know.

The defensive pieces are in place to beat a lot of bad QBs.
The downfall had to happen this way in my opinion in order to get the organization to enforce a philosophy change. Analytics, scoring is all what the NFL is about. The old way isn't working anymore. Most of the roster was mismanaged. So I agree the pieces on defense are where the foundation of this team is. I'm really warming up to jayden Daniels. We need to have a great offensive draft. 1 major move we could also look to make on defense is trading for jhaire Alexander in green bay to pair with gonzo .

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back