PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Toast to Bill Belichick

Everywhere else? Im rolling my eyes at this. Everywhere?
The team is now going to get blown up with good players like Barmore, Dugger, Peppers, Jon Jones, Wise, Onwenu, Rham, etc. going elsewhere.
These guys aren't going to stick around during a new rebuild. Every team that starts anew trades the older players of value away.

Abandoning a rebuild when you have the GOAT is about the dumbest thing ownership can do.

Bill replaced Brady with Mac Jones. This is what did the team in. They need a QB.
Correction: Bill replaced Tom with Cam Newton and cap space for 2021.

Have you looked at the WRs, TEs and O-line lately?

How do you know those players are going elsewhere?

The team is now going to get blown up with good players like Barmore, Dugger, Peppers, Jon Jones, Wise, Onwenu, Rham, etc. going elsewhere.
These guys aren't going to stick around during a new rebuild. Every team that starts anew trades the older players of value away.

Abandoning a rebuild when you have the GOAT is about the dumbest thing ownership can do.

Bill replaced Brady with Mac Jones. This is what did the team in. They need a QB.
New QB
New OL
New WR'S

Major components of an offense. We get those we will be back into contention.

New QB
New OL
New WR'S

Major components of an offense. We get those we will be back into contention.
Agree on WRs and obviously QB, but not OL. They need a tackle.

OLs are always a product of the QBs abilities. If the QB is a wreck back there, teams pin their ears back and attack, because he can't hurt you.

Onwenu, Andrews, Andrews, Sow and Strange are fine (I'm basing young Andrews' on what I saw from him today, which was very good, better than Mafi).

Definitely need to address LT without a doubt.

Why are we tearing this down?

Correction: Bill replaced Tom with Cam Newton and cap space for 2021.

Have you looked at the WRs, TEs and O-line lately?

How do you know those players are going elsewhere?
Every rebuild starts with sending players of value away before they leave for free.

Why? Because for the rebuild to begin, you need draft resources and even younger players to grow with the new QB.

I don't understand your point. Cam signed for $1m, he was never the long term solution,.

And your years are off. Mac Jones started game 1 in 2021.

You're thinking of 2020.

Ok

What were their records without them? And how many of them ran their QB out of town just so he could win a superbowl somewhere else the next year
Answer this Jangles: what was Brady doing on Ross's yacht before the 2019 season? He wanted to join the Dolphins. He did this coming out of a Super Bowl victory. You honestly believe Belichick didn't get wind of that?

Agree on WRs and obviously QB, but not OL. They need a tackle.

OLs are always a product of the QBs abilities. If the QB is a wreck back there, teams pin their ears back and attack, because he can't hurt you.

Onwenu, Andrews, Andrews, Sow and Strange are fine (I'm basing young Andrews' on what I saw from him today, which was very good, better than Mafi).

Definitely need to address LT without a doubt.

Why are we tearing this down?
Agreed on LT.. but Andrews is older and banged up alot. He's seen better Days. Strange not sure on him.. Sow is a rookie, owenu definitely all pro caliber. I'd expect this roster to be 75% different come next season offensively.

On defense add a true FS in FA
Trade for A CB to pair with gonzo
Depth at LB and DL.

I really believe this is it for Bill. Rough past 5 years but you brought 6 super bowl championships. Beyond my wildest dreams. Best of luck to you whatever your next life objective is (except when you try to beat Pats)

You are a ****ing idiot. In the last 10 years they have been to 4 superbowls and won 3.
Get a clue buddy... We're talking the draft and first round picks .. obviously the record and results are superb... You should really get some class and not curse someone out

Yup Mac Jones and drafting very little offensive talent

Every rebuild starts with sending players of value away before they leave for free.
Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

When McVay took over in 2017 did he trade Aaron Donald?

When Bill took over did he trade Ty Law?
Why? Because for the rebuild to begin, you need draft resources and even younger players to grow with the new QB.

I don't understand your point. Cam signed for $1m, he was never the long term solution,.

And your years are off. Mac Jones started game 1 in 2021.

You're thinking of 2020.
Yes. I am because you are looking at it wrong.

My point is you are wrong in saying Bill replaced Tom with Mac.

He replaced him with Cam and future cap space for 2021. The NEP did not have cap space in 2020. They needed Tom's dummy years to come off the books.

Mac was drafted.

Sometimes yes. Sometimes no.

When McVay took over in 2017 did he trade Aaron Donald?

When Bill took over did he trade Ty Law?

Yes. I am because you are looking at it wrong.

My point is you are wrong in saying Bill replaced Tom with Mac.

He replaced him with Cam and future cap space for 2021. The NEP did not have cap space in 2020. They needed Tom's dummy years to come off the books.

Mac was drafted.
You know what I meant. Cam was not a longterm signing. He was a stopgap. Mac was the next one.

You know what I meant. Cam was not a longterm signing. He was a stopgap. Mac was the next one.
You generally know what you are talking about but I assume nothing on this board. No offense meant.

Bill did not know who nor how he would replace Tom.

What he did know was he wanted Tom's cap space.

You generally know what you are talking about but I assume nothing on this board. No offense meant.

Bill did not know who nor how he would replace Tom.

What he did know was he wanted Tom's cap space.
No offense taken, just a disagreement.

In the last 30 years, 7 out of 221 QBs taken after the 1st round have panned out. It was the right decision not to invest in a new QB in the 1st round especially when Brady was still on the team, because Brady would have gone ballistic. Not to mention we all saw Brady's frustration in 2019 with the lack of receivers (Edelman injury). I'm not sure to this day who thought bringing in Sanu was a good thing.

2020, a Covid year, they were smart to take all the dead money and shove it into that year.

As for Brady, I would've loved him to finish his career here, but it would've been like his last year in Tampa Bay, 8-9. We had much less talent than Tampa did.

Plus, don't forget, Tom showed up on Ross's yacht prior to the 2019 season wanting to join the Dolphins. While he was under contract with the Patriots. This is why I roll my eyes at the idea that Belichick did something wrong there. BB definitely heard about Tom showing up on that yacht.

Flores actually saved Tom from himself because if Brady ever left like that for the Phins, he would've been Clemens'd around here.

Get a clue buddy... We're talking the draft and first round picks .. obviously the record and results are superb... You should really get some class and not curse someone
GFY no one with any damn credibility can say the gm who won 3 Super Bowl and went 4 times sucked during that time. It is a completely moronic statement. Argue over the last 5 years, that is fine, 10 years you are a ****ing moron

GFY no one with any damn credibility can say the gm who won 3 Super Bowl and went 4 times sucked during that time. It is a completely moronic statement. Argue over the last 5 years, that is fine, 10 years you are a ****ing moron

Past 10 yrs of drafting has been subpar and the ones they hit on like joe thuney he let walk. Which guys got a second contract? But it's ok .. I'm sure you just became a fan the past decade

Bill got marginal QB play Mac's rookie year and they are in the playoffs. He gets good QB play the team is winning a game or two in the playoffs. He gets great QB play the team is in the SB.

Past 10 yrs of drafting has been subpar and the ones they hit on like joe thuney he let walk. Which guys got a second contract? But it's ok .. I'm sure you just became a fan the past decade
First, it shows when I joined the site genius. But I was a fan way before that, obviously unlike you. Secondly, what you typed made no sense. So don’t be a complete moron. Argue the game passed him by, argue that he went all in to win. Argue that drafting at the end of the draft, having picks stolen, you can do all that. But anyone in this site that argues that the gm who won 3 Super Bowls in 5 years sucked then is an idiot.

I really believe this is it for Bill. Rough past 5 years but you brought 6 super bowl championships. Beyond my wildest dreams. Best of luck to you whatever your next life objective is (except when you try to beat Pats)

Wise on BB starting at 4:15.

On BB: "I pray that he continues to have a great coaching career and whatever is in the future I wish him the best".

Interesting he'd put it that way. Sounds like a goodbye to me.

Great player.

Answer this Jangles: what was Brady doing on Ross's yacht before the 2019 season? He wanted to join the Dolphins. He did this coming out of a Super Bowl victory. You honestly believe Belichick didn't get wind of that?
Of course he was looking around

Dude was underpaid and under appreciated his whole career. Can you blame him? Because I don’t. I bet the guy actually had to negotiate his way to under market deals.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back