PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A. Samuel: "Belichick doesn't have a personality"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A. Samuel " Belichick doesn't have a personality"

It's SO true. Give me **** MacPherson back. What I want from my hometown football coach is PERSONALITY! Yes, that's it!!

Your point of "well doesnt he make enough" Is not only silly but naive. everyone lives up to if not over their means and everyone works for money everyone so dont act like my point makes no sense

Not everybody lives "up to if not over their means". Many of those people are the ones you're reading about wrt the mortgage crisis. (disclaimer- yes I know there are those who faced illness or crisis and that is what put them in a predicament but that is not the majority)Some save for a rainy day. The athletes who get good sound prudent advice plan for the future while others face bankruptcy if they don't. Bob Woolf, the noted sports agent who represented many of the Celtic greats set many of them up for life with comprehensive plans designed for their post-athletic lives.
Back to your point, everybody wants to make money, and more of it. BUT at some point when you have 'enough' which differs from individual to individual other things become more important.
it might be time with a family or the thought that playing another year might prevent you from walking normally in later life. It's an individual decision. for a player without a ring, it might be taking less money for a chance to win a Super Bowl with a team versus taking more money to go to an also-ran...

Last edited:

From South Park

Celine Dion: Oh Bob, I love your personality, but you're so hideously ugly.

"Sure Pete Carroll had a great personality and what did that get him? - like a 12-40 record here at NE?"

Try 27-21, 1-2 in the playoffs, 28-23 overall, but you were close......

Last edited:

"He's led this team to a Super Bowl, went to the NFC championship a couple times, so he definitely knows what he's doing and he's put a good program together."

A couple of times? Try three; in a row all at home, almost pulled an 0-3.

If you're going to praise someone moron, get your facts strait.

My everlasting memory of Assclown is checking to see if his feet were in bounds before he dropped a gift wrapped interception vs Gump junior in the SB, have a great rest of your career playing for the Iggles............

"He's led this team to a Super Bowl, went to the NFC championship a couple times, so he definitely knows what he's doing and he's put a good program together."

A couple of times? Try three; in a row all at home, almost pulled an 0-3.

If you're going to praise someone moron, get your facts straight...

Actually they went to four in a row and lost the first three to St Louis, TB and Carolina, the last two at home before beating Atlanta to go to SB 36.

Eh, who cares? Would any of us say any differently? From what I've read, he's only candid with people he's comfortable with... Would anyone trade him for a someone brimming with coach-to-player personality -- a la Wade 'Bum' Phillips? Nah. Get health and play, Asante.

Yeah ... Samuel is right.
172x135.jpg

99a9896efa_belichick_05302008.jpg

Last edited:

Actually the point is VERY much relevant..you made a compatison that is apples and oranges..THAT is a fact..if you do not like it..you look at the facts..the impact on lifestyle to one of us on the board in a MUCH different situation than any NFL player..THAT is a fact!! For you to deny that takes away all from your argument of so called hypocrisy. The impact to any of us is MUCH greater than to one like Asante..gee..6 million versus 9..Like he would not survive on 6??? What a joke...Really do you THINK that makes a BIG diffference to his lifestyle?? Only one short sighted would not understand that is one of greed.. And if that is your vakue system bowing down to the green..that is fine.,.but don't take that value system and throw it onto all others as a given. If you want to excuse the greed in players fine..but do expect others to not share you view. And plaese take that "well if you went to another job and got more money" argument and put it where the sun don't shine..because it
does NOT apply. Frankly, these athletes should be HAPPY that they have a skill that they get paid like they do..playing a kid's game. Many of them, I am sure understand that..other just want to get all they can..

that might be the dumbest thing I have heard yet. Its a job to these guys thats it. Do they love it? sure but at the the end of the day when they are risking their lives and well being I applaud them for using the system to get as much as they can when they can. most of these guys are done at 30. Could you retire at 30 no and they have an expensive lifestyle but they would like to maintain that long after they are not playing so that means get what you can while you can plain and simple. To say they should be happy with what they have is damn insulting you have no clue what these guys are doing in their personal life. Most of them are self insured that costs big $$$. Their families one of them gets cancer or another illness you can blow millions trying to fight it without insurance. so please shut up you sound like a schmuck who has no clue what he is talking about. thinking of 5 years from now is nothing these guys have to think 30 years from now on a salary that they are only going to be recieving for another 5 to 6 years

simple quick math

lets just say for the sake of argument Asantes expenses are total for the year $500 grand

taking only what he made in gauranteed salary from Phili he would have money for the next 64 years of his life. Sounds pretty good till you realize his agent gets 10 percent at least plus this does not include medical bills of himself and the ones he supports after retirement (please dont cite me the NFL takes cares of its past players cause it dont) Also cost of living increases every year. Still pretty set but I am just purely speculating. You are looking at this being the contract that sets him up for life and if anyone in this room says they wouldnt have taken it then they are blinded in Patriot red and blue. You win the lottery tomorrow you are quitting your job you are not staying cause you "like it there" cause "you are greatful for the gift you have" please he has accomplished what he wanted here a ring and a perfect reg season. let him go in peace and please stop bashing him it makes you look petty

Self insurance for cancer, whatever costs a reasonable amount in your 30s. Self insurance plus medical bills is ~$12,000/yr for a couple in their 60s much more expensive. Once more, not everyone goes for the top dollar offered. Once you have critical mass for financial security it's then a matter of what's important to you in life. Many choose money over all else. Some decidely do not.

I applaud them for using the system to get as much as they can when they can. To say they should be happy with what they have is damn insulting you have no clue what these guys are doing in their personal life. so please shut up you sound like a schmuck who has no clue what he is talking about. let him go in peace and please stop bashing him it makes you look petty
Hey buddy.. you basically are a rump swab for some these greedy athletes....keep making excuses for their greedy behavier..makes you JUST as bad..if not worse. Go applaud all you wish..There are others THAT DO NOT!!! And giuess what..I will bash athletes that I think are greedy as I please...and that is petty?? NOT even close....the manure you shovel is the worst..keep ignoring the facts..keep comparing apples to oranges again..that original comparison is long gone..Not even close to being explained by you..WHY?? because it's not even close!!!!..So go bark up another tree...
you sound like a little piglet squealing...grabbing money like some little money grubber...Clue?? you have none..so shut your mouth..because you show your ignotance with all you say..you appluad them..bow down to the greed..mindless one..BOW DOWN!! you have the character of a ****roach..BTW you know little about the health insurance NFL players get...WRONG AGAIN twit...

Last edited:

"Actually they went to four in a row and lost the first three to St Louis, TB and Carolina, the last two at home before beating Atlanta to go to SB 36."

Good point, I had three in a row at home on the brain. Imagine, they almost pulled an NFCCG "Buffalo Bills", finally beating a marshmellow Falcons team to avoid going 0-4.........

Hey buddy.. you basically are a rump swab for some these greedy athletes....keep making excuses for their greedy behavier..makes you JUST as bad..if not worse. Go applaud all you wish..There are others THAT DO NOT!!! And giuess what..I will bash athletes that I think are greedy as I please...and that is petty?? NOT even close....the manure you shovel is the worst..keep ignoring the facts..keep comparing apples to oranges again..that original comparison is long gone..Not even close to being explained by you..WHY?? because it's not even close!!!!..So go bark up another tree...
you sound like a little piglet squealing...grabbing money like some little money grubber...Clue?? you have none..so shut your mouth..because you show your ignotance with all you say..you appluad them..bow down to the greed..mindless one..BOW DOWN!! you have the character of a ****roach..BTW you know little about the health insurance NFL players get...WRONG AGAIN twit...

Right and I am the squeeling pig
All I am saying and was saying is I can understand why he left and you are waving your pats flag crying foul but I am the irrational one. For the record I dont know exactly what the NFLPA does for its passed players except from what i read and its very sketchy at best. so rather than scream till I dont reply (which by the way I am Italian so all your doing is feeding my argument gene) why dont you just realize that maybe just maybe leaving for the money isnt a sin and is Human nature. Not all do it but most would. I dont go to games but i am willing to bet you do. Who feeds who's wallet????

I can tell you right now there isnt a sport in the world where guys dont go for money. The NFL is actually one of THE most loyal sports in the world. Games like soccer have transfer systems and when a Man Utd or Real Madrid come calling with 200k a week salaries I can assure you they're all off

Loyalty in sports went away a long time ago

How much "personality" would Bill have if he had given Asante the big pay increase he was holding out for?

There seems to be some sort of bad blood between the Pats and Samuel. (Really?)

Jonathan Kraft was on WBCN before last week's game and said something along the lines of "Asante was a great player, but we'll leave it at that" and then went on to talk about Moss caring about the team, not money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore