PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A. Samuel: "Belichick doesn't have a personality"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A. Samuel " Belichick doesn't have a personality"

I dunno, I'd wanna see the context of the conversation and the tone in which he said it. I'm as critical of Asante as anyone, but I get the feeling this wasn't meant as a dig. More of a joking conversational piece.

QFT

Context is key... this reads like Asante said it with a sh*t eating grin on his face... a joke, not a dig.

Sure Pete Carroll had a great personality and what did that get him? - like a 12-40 record here at NE?

27-21 to be precise... trending downward at the end though, thats what counts.

:rofl:

I can just see Asante's sly grin poking at the two coaches.

Only the girls who need an arm round them from time to time need personality in a coach.

Honestly who cares??!! Everyone on here who gives any athlete **** about leaving for more money is a complete hipocrit. How many of you stay at your current job if a different competing business offers a ton more? The answer is next to zero if not zero so please just give it up. I dont have a problem with anything said and frankly any person leaving for more money is human nature

Belichick has a personality; it's just not readily evident. He's a no-nonsense type of guy who makes it okay to look grumpy on and off the field. And ironically, I think he probably enjoys coaching the game than most other coaches in the league.

Like Belichick's personality is relevant. The guy's a proven winner.

I'll laugh everytime that douchebag gets burned going for a pick and trying to get on the highlight reel. So long, stupid.

Only the girls who need an arm round them from time to time need personality in a coach.

I guess I expected that after 4 years of being in NE with media prep, he would still have given the politically correct answer along the lines of,
"I'm lucky to have had and have two great coaches who are proven winners with their own unique style that isn't always evident to the press and public." (simulated quote) IIRC Givens and others have done the exact same thing when they move to a new team and it shows respect for the old and the new....

Belichick's a great coach, but it's pretty clear he doesn't have a personality. Oh well.

Most guys speak highly of someone who drafted you, mentored you and gave the opportunity to make millions of bucks...you want personality? I can name plenty of former coaches with 'personality' who don't win. I'll take BB thanks...

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20080813_Eagles_Notes___Asante_Samuel_on_Andy_Reid.html

Asante Samuel on Andy Reid

BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Sure, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick has more Super Bowl rings than Eagles coach Andy Reid, but your hometown team has the guy with more personality.

Just ask cornerback Asante Samuel, who spent five seasons with Belichick before signing with the Eagles in February.

"You know Bill doesn't have a personality," Samuel said after he practiced for the third straight day and talked for the first time at training camp. "So Andy wins that."

Some would argue that Reid is also lacking in the personality department.

"Not much," Samuel said. "But Bill doesn't give you anything."

Samuel certainly has respect for Reid.

"He's led this team to a Super Bowl, went to the NFC championship a couple times, so he definitely knows what he's doing and he's put a good program together,

maybe BB doesn't have a personality but Samuel doesn't have a brain. idiot cost us the super bowl and he couldn't care less about it.

enjoy your money Assante...

Pretty sure Bill won't care. The man doesn't have much of a personality so I don't know what's wrong with Asante saying that.

I mean, it's nice to have a good relationship with your boss, you know.

Honestly who cares??!! Everyone on here who gives any athlete **** about leaving for more money is a complete hipocrit. How many of you stay at your current job if a different competing business offers a ton more? The answer is next to zero if not zero so please just give it up. I dont have a problem with anything said and frankly any person leaving for more money is human nature
I think we always have every so often someone who tries to make this comparison..it doesn't hold water!!! any of us are HARDLY in any salary group as any pro athlete..so the comparison with the change in lifestyle of someone wishing more money here..DOES NOT compare at all...
It's simplistic and TOTALLY wrong!!! Please...most football players arein the top 1%...so what difference will that REALLY make?? PLease tell me...so you can buy a few MORE houses?? a few more Hummers?? Come back with a real argument rookie...

Assante was a 4th or 5th round pick, was coached up and the d played to his strengths resulting in a huge payday and he *****es about his former coaches personality.. another low life, keep your mouth shut and play the game.. wash Reid's balls after the season.

Assante was a 4th or 5th round pick, was coached up and the d played to his strengths resulting in a huge payday and he *****es about his former coaches personality.. another low life, keep your mouth shut and play the game.. wash Reid's balls after the season.

...and "Get Paid" for doing all that...

Who cares what Asante Samuel thinks. He gets paid to play football, and that's all that matters concerning him. I never got a feeling that he was carrying much intellectual clout anyways.

I think we always have every so often someone who tries to make this comparison..it doesn't hold water!!! any of us are HARDLY in any salary group as any pro athlete..so the comparison with the change in lifestyle of someone wishing more money here..DOES NOT compare at all...
It's simplistic and TOTALLY wrong!!! Please...most football players arein the top 1%...so what difference will that REALLY make?? PLease tell me...so you can buy a few MORE houses?? a few more Hummers?? Come back with a real argument rookie...

Your point of "well doesnt he make enough" Is not only silly but naive. everyone lives up to if not over their means and everyone works for money everyone so dont act like my point makes no sense which is going for the extra is human nature how much you make is irrelavant. Its all human nature and people do not think that way its a fact of life and if you were to sit back and look at it rationally you would see that

Last edited:

I read different in Patriot Reign.

Maybe "Personality" is slang for "Propensity to overpay" I've been out of the hood for a while.

Your point of "well doesnt he make enough" Is not only silly but naive. everyone lives up to if not over their means and everyone works for money everyone so dont act like my point makes no sense which is going for the extra is human nature how much you make is irrelavant. Its all human nature and people do not think that way its a fact of life and if you were to sit back and look at it rationally you would see that

Uh, no. Many people do not live up to their means (Please, no racist Scottish jokes)

Actually the point is VERY much relevant..you made a compatison that is apples and oranges..THAT is a fact..if you do not like it..you look at the facts..the impact on lifestyle to one of us on the board in a MUCH different situation than any NFL player..THAT is a fact!! For you to deny that takes away all from your argument of so called hypocrisy. The impact to any of us is MUCH greater than to one like Asante..gee..6 million versus 9..Like he would not survive on 6??? What a joke...Really do you THINK that makes a BIG diffference to his lifestyle?? Only one short sighted would not understand that is one of greed.. And if that is your vakue system bowing down to the green..that is fine.,.but don't take that value system and throw it onto all others as a given. If you want to excuse the greed in players fine..but do expect others to not share you view. And plaese take that "well if you went to another job and got more money" argument and put it where the sun don't shine..because it
does NOT apply. Frankly, these athletes should be HAPPY that they have a skill that they get paid like they do..playing a kid's game. Many of them, I am sure understand that..other just want to get all they can..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes