PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Great Day in Boston Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this online:

BWh6keJIMAAhIpd.jpg

Went to bed during the baseball game. Otherwise I would have feel asleep on the couch and had a stiff neck for my golf game today.

Get this, after Brady's int I said **** it and went to help my wife put the twins down for bed only to come running down as Thompkins is jumping in the air to make the catch. Went bananas which got the babies all stirred up which also made the wife not too happy.

Then watching the sox after it went to 5-0 I said **** it and started watching nfln for pats highlights, fell asleep and woke up to wife losing her bananas after papi's grand slam.

So glad I missed two biggest plays of the year haha

Oh, the Bankofamericasox won? How pleasant for them and the meek families who attend that anachronistic snoozefest of a recreational event.

Oh, the Bankofamericasox won? How pleasant for them and the meek families who attend that anachronistic snoozefest of a recreational event.

At least no one at Fenway left early :bricks:

Game winning TD to a rookie UDFA WR in the last 10 seconds?

Game tying grand slam with 2 outs in the 8th by a line up that had been completely shut down over the previous 16 innings, followed by the game winning hit being set up by an errant throw and wild pitch that put a runner on third with no outs?

Based on a thread from a couple of weeks ago, the odds are infinitesimally against both of these things happening on the same day for two home teams from the same area (I triple checked the figures.) The only conclusion is that the NFL and MLB conspired together to get these outcomes.

Seriously, though, those were both awesome games to watch.

At least no one at Fenway left early :bricks:

How do you know that? Were you there? Last time I attended a Bankofamericasox playoff game, everyone around me (and as far as the eye could see) was fiddling with their cell phones, chatting with a neighbor or reading the newspaper.

How do you know that? Were you there? Last time I attended a Bankofamericasox playoff game, everyone around me (and as far as the eye could see) was fiddling with their cell phones, chatting with a neighbor or reading the newspaper.

Despising the Sox is one thing, but to defend a weak position is another. Watched both games, noticed the red seats at the Razor being empty a number of times as well as fans leaving the stadium with time on the clock. Fenway was packed when Ortiz crushed the grand slam. Maybe they put down their cell phones before they went ballistic.

Because the stands were jampacked.

Get this, the Red Sox had one hit in 16 innings, 30 strikeouts, no runs, and yet the park was jam-packed with people.

Now, let's put it in context. The Sox are in the ALCS and Foxboro hosted a regular season game.

The equivalent would be the AFC CS with the Patriots trailing 17-0 late in the 3rd quarter with only 1 first down all game.

Based on a thread from a couple of weeks ago, the odds are infinitesimally against both of these things happening on the same day for two home teams from the same area (I triple checked the figures.) The only conclusion is that the NFL and MLB conspired together to get these outcomes....

How Statistically Unlikely Was The Patriots Comeback? (Spoiler: Very)

After Brady missed Julian Edelman with 30 seconds left leaving the Pats stranded at the NO 26, the Saints WP was up to 0.99—the win was virtually assured. With 24 seconds left, it actually shot all the way down to 0.58 after a completion, before recovering to 0.78 with 11 seconds left. And then Brady hit Thompkins and the Saints' needed a miracle.

It's one of those days all Boston sports fans live for.

Rangers fan here - good to see Mike Napoli doing well there. He was a favorite here in North Texas.

BTW - how has Ryan Dempster panned out?

I'm always surprised at the number of people who feel the need to come into a baseball thread (of which there are maybe three all year that bleed into the main forum) and crap on people's happiness by reminding us (unsolicited) that they aren't fans of baseball.

What baffles me here is, fan of baseball or not, last night was an HISTORIC night in Boston sports. You won't see two more improbable comebacks happening back to back in the same night, possibly EVER again. But you baseball poo-pooers can't put aside your bias for one thread to acknowledge it?

I don't like basketball. But if this Patriots game had been followed by a Celtics 20 point comeback in the fourth quarter to beat the Heat in a playoff game, you better believe I'd have enough appreciation for the spectacle to let people just have a nice thread for once.

/Rant over :p

So which lucky ones were there in person at end of Pats and Sox games?

Would have loved to have witnessed two historic moments in Boston sports history!

Ah, Tunescribe -- the #1 poster about the Red Sox in PatsFans history! I knew you couldn't stay away. :D

I don't watch baseball either, but I did see replays of Ortiz's grand slam online, and it struck me immediately that in the bottom of the 8th, down 4 runs late at night, the stands were still PACKED. That's just the facts. By trying to deny it, you make it seem like you're **gasp** biased against baseball fans. ;)

Ah, Tunescribe -- the #1 poster about the Red Sox in PatsFans history! I knew you couldn't stay away. :D

I don't watch baseball either, but I did see replays of Ortiz's grand slam online, and it struck me immediately that in the bottom of the 8th, down 4 runs late at night, the stands were still PACKED. That's just the facts. By trying to deny it, you make it seem like you're **gasp** biased against baseball fans. ;)

I only know what I see. I was at the Bankofamericasox vs. Tampa playoff game a few years ago, another of those "amazing come-from-behind" beezeboll victories. And through the first seven or so innings of that narcoleptic nod-off, I might as well have been waiting for a train at North Station. NOBODY was paying attention to the non-action on the field of "play." The very nature of this recreational lawn game invites ADD.

I'm always surprised at the number of people who feel the need to come into a baseball thread (of which there are maybe three all year that bleed into the main forum) and crap on people's happiness by reminding us (unsolicited) that they aren't fans of baseball.

What baffles me here is, fan of baseball or not, last night was an HISTORIC night in Boston sports. You won't see two more improbable comebacks happening back to back in the same night, possibly EVER again. But you baseball poo-pooers can't put aside your bias for one thread to acknowledge it?

I don't like basketball. But if this Patriots game had been followed by a Celtics 20 point comeback in the fourth quarter to beat the Heat in a playoff game, you better believe I'd have enough appreciation for the spectacle to let people just have a nice thread for once.

/Rant over :p

so I guess you don't wanna hear me reminding you that I am no fan of my ex-wife, huh?....:ugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference