PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers hire Eric Mangini as consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time Mangini was relevant in football, the Soprano's was relevant TV. anyone remember that show? Seems like it was more than a few years ago.

Good for him and maybe this will give him a chance to get back into football and another reason to beat the 49ers next time we play (as if we needed anything other than they are the next opponent anyhow).

Good hire for the 9ers, Mangini has an excellent football mind.

IMHO

Good hire for the 9ers, Mangini has an excellent football mind.

IMHO

Yeah, right. His idea of trying to build a winning program is to run to the Commissioner complaining that the other coach stole his hand signals. Brilliant. That was the year the Jets went 4-12. Great mind.

Did I mention that the other coach was the guy who gave him his first job in the NFL and promoted him to the point where he could get a head coaching job?

Mangini is an ingrate rat snitch. Watch. He won't be able to help himself. Before long he'll rat out one or both of the Harbaugh brothers.

Yeah, right. His idea of trying to build a winning program is to run to the Commissioner complaining that the other coach stole his hand signals. Brilliant. That was the year the Jets went 4-12. Great mind.

Did I mention that the other coach was the guy who gave him his first job in the NFL and promoted him to the point where he could get a head coaching job?

Mangini is an ingrate rat snitch. Watch. He won't be able to help himself. Before long he'll rat out one or both of the Harbaugh brothers.
While I do think he's a smart football guy, I agree with your post. He's a scumbag. He's also perfect for a match-up with one of the Harbaughs. Cut from the same sanctimonious bolt of cloth.

Scum bag of a person but he's actually a pretty good coach. The proof is that after he was fired from the Jets and Browns they were good the next year but then tailed off the following years. He wasn't given enough time in NYJ or CLE.

Still a giant scum bag though.

He has a great football mind, but I still hate the little rat bas***d.

Why?

Let's assume the guy is a genius that makes Einstein look like Moe Howard.

Harbaugh has to realize that once he goes to another team he might cry to the commissioner about how evil a cheater he is.

Why did he take THAT risk? To my thinking no upside is good enough.

He'll be a head coach within the next three years. As for being a rat, whatever.

The fact remains that Mangini probably would have been the successor to BB as the head coach had he decided to stay in New England rather than going to New York.

The long term ties between BB and Mangini were rooted in history going all of the way to Wesleyan University and BB was disappointed that Mangini decided to take a head coaching job with another organization rather than stay in New England.

The rest of it is just fluff.

The fact remains that Mangini probably would have been the successor to BB as the head coach had he decided to stay in New England rather than going to New Yorkf.
Apparently he'd rather rule in hell than serve in heaven? Who else went for a deal like that?

He'll be a head coach within the next three years. As for being a rat, whatever.

The fact remains that Mangini probably would have been the successor to BB as the head coach had he decided to stay in New England rather than going to New York.

The long term ties between BB and Mangini were rooted in history going all of the way to Wesleyan University and BB was disappointed that Mangini decided to take a head coaching job with another organization rather than stay in New England.

Mangina plain and simple burned his bridge with BB. McD was close to doing that also, but, patched the cracks up.

If BB didn't see anything in him, he would have never hired him...so, the guy isn't a complete dunce. But, his way of doing things is uncouth.

If you think it's "just fluff" to Belichick, you're kidding yourself.

If you think it's "just fluff" to Belichick, you're kidding yourself.

Its' fluff and frankly if you think that he still cares about what happened then you are kidding yourself because he has better things to do in life than dwell about Mangini leaving.

And, considering that BB was the head coach of the Jets only to bolt to New England after Parcells left, he knows more than you that the NFL is a business and what Mangini did when he left for New York is the same thing that he did himself to New York.

In other words, don't be a homer. Know your facts.

The successor to BB? Are you nuts!? He wasn't even being allowed to call plays by the end of his tenure it was turning into such a disaster. He didn't "decide" to leave, he was going to be asked to.

The successor to BB? Are you nuts!? He wasn't even being allowed to call plays by the end of his tenure it was turning into such a disaster. He didn't "decide" to leave, he was going to be asked to.

Whatever you say......

Nothing I've seen has indicated any truth to this big drama we here at Patsfans like to concoct about Belichick and Mangini.

Its' fluff and frankly if you think that he still cares about what happened then you are kidding yourself because he has better things to do in life than dwell about Mangini leaving.

And, considering that BB was the head coach of the Jets only to bolt to New England after Parcells left, he knows more than you that the NFL is a business and what Mangini did when he left for New York is the same thing that he did himself to New York.

In other words, don't be a homer. Know your facts.
Yeah, you're right. Bill Belichick isn't bothered in the least by the Spygate damage to his legacy, the one-half million dollar personal fine or the loss of a first round draft choice. If you really believe that, you're a dope. And since I'm guessing you do believe that, you are a dope. Finally, you have a lot of balls suggesting that someone should "know (their) facts", because you obviously don't know yours.

Whatever you say......

I was shocked by your post, so I will own up to overstating it a little. However, I do recall a lot of surprise of him becoming a head coach at the time because he had lost his playcalling duties. That is not the sign of someone becoming a successor to anything.

Excuse the hyperbole on my part, but the overall point is valid- Mangini was very, very far off from being BB's successor.

Yeah, you're right. Bill Belichick isn't bothered in the least by the Spygate damage to his legacy, the one-half million dollar personal fine or the loss of a first round draft choice. If you really believe that, you're a dope. And since I'm guessing you do believe that, you are a dope. Finally, you have a lot of balls suggesting that someone should "know (their) facts., because you obviously don't know yours.

No dude - you're the dope.

Do you know who Mangini's quarterback coach was when he was with the Jets and with Cleveland?

I'll give you a hint - he works for Belichick now and I highly doubt that BB would hire anyone that worked for Mangini if your ridiculous premise was, you know, accurate and true.

You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back