PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

400 people holding real Super Bowl tickets denied entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, on TV.
Yes, 400 of the 2400 who had their seats declared to be in an unsafe area by the fire marshal, had to watch the game in a private area in the stadium. Then they got to go on the field during the closing ceremonies if they chose to.

Not sure I would consider this view an acceptable alternative to a seat.

YouTube - Cowboy Stadium Party Pass Plaza

Except that the Party Pass Plaza was outside the stadium.. Different area..

What if the team they were there to see is not in the SB again in their lifetime? One guy brought his 80 year-old dad from Green Bay. For many the SB is a perishable, non-substitutable good.

And for some, it is a yearly event that they go to. It's not a perishable item, either way.

Last edited:
Wow, that one would make a corporate lawyer proud, Dabruinz.

Care to elaborate whether they watched it live and not in a room with a tv set?

Of course they watched it LIVE on the TV Set. It's not like it was taped.

Did they get their seats? No. But they are being more than fairly compensated regardless of which package they choose.

You all who are b!tching that they got shafted really need to read the fine print on the back of your tickets some time. You're in for an education.

Did they get their seats? No. But they are being more than fairly compensated regardless of which package they choose.

You all who are b!tching that they got shafted really need to read the fine print on the back of your tickets some time. You're in for an education.
Fine print < The Law. Doesn't matter what the fine print says, the laws of the country overrule it. Every single ticket says in the fine print "This ticket is a revocable license" but just because they say it, don't make it true.

Not fair compensation. They deserve more.

In this case, the back of the ticket does not account for selling seats which are not available. The lawsuits will allege fraud, and they have every right to. You can't sell something that you don't have. The NFL will lose. You watch.

In this case, the back of the ticket does not account for selling seats which are not available. The lawsuits will allege fraud, and they have every right to. You can't sell something that you don't have. The NFL will lose. You watch.

I keep saying: the NFL should simply give each of the 400 $10k and be done with it. That would satisfy everyone and make this nonsense go away forever.

Yes, 400 of the 2400 who had their seats declared to be in an unsafe area by the fire marshal, had to watch the game in a private area in the stadium. Then they got to go on the field during the closing ceremonies if they chose to.

Not sure what "private area" means...

Except that the Party Pass Plaza was outside the stadium.. Different area..

Ok. There are conflicting reports. Where were they placed? Any pics?

And for some, it is a yearly event that they go to. It's not a perishable item, either way.

It's not? Great! When can we have them replay SB 42?

"Private area" means it was restricted to any one of the 100,000 with tickets to get into the game. Anyone can sit at those television bars in the stadium but when you're at the game, despite what dabruinz says, you generally don't want to because it is a HUGE downgrade. In fact, IMHO, it is a downgrade so significant that you couldn't pay me to go through all the hassle of getting to a Super Bowl only to be able to watch on TV.
I don't think there's any one single answer to that question. The conflicting reports could all very well be accurate, i.e. some went here, some went there, etc.

I keep saying: the NFL should simply give each of the 400 $10k and be done with it. That would satisfy everyone and make this nonsense go away forever.
But that wouldn't make it go away forever. There's more people filing suit than just the 400. The people who claim they were downgraded as well as people who got an obstructed view are taking legal action too.

But that wouldn't make it go away forever. There's more people filing suit than just the 400. The people who claim they were downgraded as well as people who got an obstructed view are taking legal action too.

The 400 are the ones with the biggest beef, not to say the others don't have reason to complain. Everyone who didn't get the seat they paid for should be compensated, some more than others.

They deserve more? I'm sorry, but no, they don't. Not when you consider the entire compensation package that is being offered to them.

It means an area where those 400 were the only ones allowed into it.

No, there aren't conflicting reports. The Party Plaza was outside the stadium. It cost $200 a ticket, minimum purchase of 4 tickets. That is where they were originally told they were going to, but the league stepped in and changed that.

It's not? Great! When can we have them replay SB 42?

They'll show the replay on NFLN here in a few weeks.

I think that you don't understand the meaning of the word perishable. Perishable means that it can spoil without being used.

And what was their view of the game from there?

No, there aren't conflicting reports. The Party Plaza was outside the stadium. It cost $200 a ticket, minimum purchase of 4 tickets. That is where they were originally told they were going to, but the league stepped in and changed that.

Due to "incomplete installation" of temporary seating at Cowboys Stadium, 400 fans were forced to the outdoor party plaza to watch the game. The seats were to be in the top section of the stadium behind the west end zone. As many as 800 other fans had their seats moved because of another section because of another seating snafu. Those who were left out in the cold were understandably unhappy...

Hundreds of Super Bowl ticket holders stiffed after seating snafu - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

They'll show the replay on NFLN here in a few weeks.

I think that you don't understand the meaning of the word perishable. Perishable means that it can spoil without being used.

Right. Those Packer fans who might not have a chance to see their team in a SB again had their experience "spoiled". The SB is gone. Finito. Done. They can't get that opportunity back.

They deserve more? I'm sorry, but no, they don't. Not when you consider the entire compensation package that is being offered to them.

Of course they do. They shelled out hotel, airfare, tickets, etc., took time off from work, and the vendor was selling them something he didn't have.

You can't make this up by offering them the same experience at some future date when there is absolutely no guarantee that the event will ever happen again in their lifetimes (the event being that their team plays in a SB.

The NFL should cover their costs. Simple as that.

Gee, Dabruinz, I watched it live on a TV set also!!!! I'm betting most every poster here did also!!!

You really want to continue this practical joke?

Stop it, you're killing us with the comedy. There is nothing equivalent to being inside the stadium and watching the game with your own eyes from a seat you paid for. The room with a tv set in the bowels of the stadium with the opportunity to walk on the empty field after the game is not an equivalent. The fact that you are spending time forwarding such a ridiculous argument is bizarre.

Last edited:
Well I gotta think it must have been a pretty crappy area since, if it was a nice area, there would have already been people allocated to that spot.
How does that apply here? :confused:

Of course they do. They shelled out hotel, airfare, tickets, etc., took time off from work, and the vendor was selling them something he didn't have.

You can't make this up by offering them the same experience at some future date when there is absolutely no guarantee that the event will ever happen again in their lifetimes (the event being that their team plays in a SB.

The NFL should cover their costs. Simple as that.

No. The NFL Shouldn't cover their costs. It's no different that going on a cruise in the Caribbean during Hurricane season. If the cruise isn't up to snuff due to weather, the cruise line doesn't cover the cost of your hotel before or after the cruise. Nor do they cover the airfare to get there.

OH, and, BTW, the SB happens again next year. Will it be different? Yes. Because every single one of them is different. Just like every game is different. Period.

Seriously, you all have a warped sense of what is right.

And what was their view of the game from there?

Are you really that stupid? I already said it was the TV sets.

So you pull an article out of your arse that has wrong information and you think that you are somehow vindicated. Did you even bother to look at the fact that it was posted an HOUR before the actual kick-off. And at just about the time the league moved them INSIDE the stadium.. And it wasn't updated.

Right. Those Packer fans who might not have a chance to see their team in a SB again had their experience "spoiled". The SB is gone. Finito. Done. They can't get that opportunity back.

When used that way, spoiled doesn't mean perishable. Nice try though.
Reality is that there were a plethora of things that "spoiled" their experience. Much of it was the weather. Something that NO ONE can control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes