PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

400 people holding real Super Bowl tickets denied entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really cheesy.
I took it as a sign.
:rolleyes:

OT stadium;
Anyone else find that stadium to appear cold?
No charm at all.
Intimidating, techno metal mausoleum.
Reminds me of fascist architecture.

The sound was crap. Considering jerry spent 100's of millions on gadgets and wiring, I would say he has a couple of beefs with the builders/architects.
How could they not account for the possibility of a little ice?

A Billion doesn't buy what it used to, I guess.

I understand many here want to throw brickbrats at Goodell, but this is on Jerry Jones.

It was his monstrous ego trip that necessitated the extra seating in order to break the 1980 record for attendance.

It is his stadium.

The Cowboys haven't played there in over a month.

This Super Bowl was his business plan and it was part of the 50%-50% tab he threw on the City of Arlington back in 2006.

As they say down there, Jerry Jones is "all hat and no cattle". It couldn't have happened to a better owner (unless it was Dan Snyder).

I agree. I think Goodell still shares some of the blame just because he's the top man, but really this is Jones' fault. There is a REASON the Rose Bowl holds the record - because it's a college stadium, and the big D1 college stadiums are almost always bigger than pro stadiums.

On the radio I heard someone arguing it's the fault of the weather and the team, etc. had no control over that, but you can close the roof on the place, so why didn't they close the roof as soon as they found out there was snow coming?!

I just can't understand how you can have all this time to prepare for this and you overlook a detail like that. :bricks:

I understand many here want to throw brickbrats at Goodell, but this is on Jerry Jones.

It was his monstrous ego trip that necessitated the extra seating in order to break the 1980 record for attendance.

It is his stadium.

The Cowboys haven't played there in over a month.

This Super Bowl was his business plan and it was part of the 50%-50% tab he threw on the City of Arlington back in 2006.

As they say down there, Jerry Jones is "all hat and no cattle". It couldn't have happened to a better owner (unless it was Dan Snyder).

I agree that Jerry Jones deserves a lionshare of the blame. He wanted the highest attendance for a football game ever and he sold the temporary seats to the NFL as an idea. I blame him more than I do Goodell or anyone else.

Last edited:
Re: Goodell the cheapskate (link)

For all the people arguing about how we could never have a Super Bowl in New England... personally I cannot image a bigger cluster-mess than what happened in Dallas/Arlington over the past week. It was just one disaster after another. Some were unavoidable, but many could have been avoided.

I read an interesting analogy. Every year you have ticket scalpers rip people off by selling them tickets and promising to deliver the tickets at the game and then failing to come through, leaving people who hauled their butts all the way to the game out in the cold.

The NFL itself is now the scam artist ticket scalpers who sold a product and just couldn't deliver.

OH yeah, and tickets to next years SB.....c'mon these ppl made out like bandits
Getting tickets to next year's Super Bowl would not really mean all that much to me if it wasn't my team in it. Take my word for it: The Super Bowl is really a huge hassle to go to. I just don't see myself ever wanting to go through all that nonsense for Atlanta-Baltimore (for example).

I'm just glad someone had enough sense to prevent people from sitting on those makeshift bleachers and preventing a bigger disaster that would have played out on national television during the year's biggest TV event. Imagine the chaos that would have ensued had this disaster taken place?

I blame whoever was in charge of making sure the makeshift sitting area passed safety regulations. I can understand adding more seats to the game. What I can't understand is why it only got inspected hours before the game to deem it unsafe. Some needs to get fired for this.

Getting tickets to next year's Super Bowl would not really mean all that much to me if it wasn't my team in it. Take my word for it: The Super Bowl is really a huge hassle to go to. I just don't see myself ever wanting to go through all that nonsense for Atlanta-Baltimore (for example).

I believe you that it is a hassle to go, I haven't been to one as of yet. I WILL GET THERE one day however. Back to my point though, tickets to next years Superbowl is not all they got. I just read online that they received free food/drinks all night, got to walk on the field after the game, tickets to next years SB (also will receive free food drinks, and probably hotels too.) Not to mention 3x the face value. I am just having a hard time feeling bad for these people....

His league, his fault. Everything that happens falls on him, that's the way it goes when you're in charge.

Then it's as much Bob Kraft's fault as it is Goodell's if your going to take that dumb attitude about it. Seriously.

Perhaps if the Commish had spent his time SUPERVISING the affair, as it is HIS JOB to do, rather than spend time harping on Coach and the Patriots, this wouldn't have happened.

Goodell is the one in charge. He's the one responsible for everything that goes on, no matter who he hires to do what.

He blew this BIG TIME and I hope these fans get fully reimbursed for ALL of their expenses, plus free tickets to next year's SB.

Clearly another person who has never, ever worked at the top of a large organization. Might as well blame Bob Kraft while you're at it.

The overall presentation of this SB was probably the worst ever, definitely the worst I've seen:

- People screwed out of their seats
- Teams choose Fatboy Slim and 2 unlimited for their entrance music
- Crap field causing multiple injuries, one to Woodson could have cost the Packers a championship
- Aguilera F's up a line in the national anthem
- Black eyed Peas at halftime... nuff said
- Wasn't too impressed by the commercials

Total embarrassment

Really cheesy.
I took it as a sign.
:rolleyes:

OT stadium;
Anyone else find that stadium to appear cold?
No charm at all.
Intimidating, techno metal mausoleum.
Reminds me of fascist architecture.

The sound was crap. Considering jerry spent 100's of millions on gadgets and wiring, I would say he has a couple of beefs with the builders/architects.
How could they not account for the possibility of a little ice?

A Billion doesn't buy what it used to, I guess.

Clearly someone who just rambles for the sake of rambling. Not to mention your BS comments about "fascist architecture".

The SOUND was fantastic at home, except during the Half-Time Show. And that goes on the people running the sound mixers. Who happen to work for the Black-Eyed Peas. Not for Jerry Jones. And everyone who I've talked to, who has been at the stadium for games, loves how loud it gets.

As for the "possibility of a little ice", considering that the ice didn't do anything to the stadium itself, they did account for it. You didn't see it collapsing like the Metrodome or like quite a few buildings up in the New England Area.

As for the removal of said ice or the potential of people getting hurt from falling ice, that goes on the building management company, not on Jones or the architects. Seriously, people who don't know wtf they are talking about shouldn't comment on things.

The overall presentation of this SB was probably the worst ever, definitely the worst I've seen:

- People screwed out of their seats That's Jerry Jones for you.
- Teams choose Fatboy Slim and 2 unlimited for their entrance music Go b!tch at the teams. It was their decision.
- Crap field causing multiple injuries, one to Woodson could have cost the Packers a championship This is bs.. Sorry, but the field didn't cause these injuries.. It's a contact sport. Every single
- Aguilera F's up a line in the national anthem Did you even catch it when it happened????
- Black eyed Peas at halftime... nuff said Yep, their sound mixer missed several cues..
- Wasn't too impressed by the commercials There were some great ones and some that sucked. As there always are.

Total embarrassment

This idea that it was a "Total embarrassment" is a joke and just reinforces the propensity of Pats fans to totally blow things out of proportion. All the garbage you mentioned is the extraneous garbage that has nothing to do with the actual game.

Let's talk about the GAME. The game was AWESOME. The only thing that would have made it better is the Pats being there.

I've seen some interviews on mainstream TV news and people sound pretty pissed about a LOT of things but most seemed angry about the fact they couldn't go anywhere due to the conditions down there. Ice, snow, lack of plowing etcetc, plus the tix issues and everything else combined has served to anger a lot of people apparently.
I didn't read the thread but I just now saw more interviews on Fox News and figured I'd chime in:p
It doesn't sound like it was the fun experience people were expecting; personally we were going to go and as things worked out :( that didn't happen. Obviously you go to see your team but you also expect to go out and have a good time while you're there. If the Pats had won it would've been worth it but would I still complain about not being able to go anywhere and/or getting ripped off? Most definitely.

... tickets to next years Superbowl is not all they got. I just read online that they received free food/drinks all night, got to walk on the field after the game, tickets to next years SB (also will receive free food drinks, and probably hotels too.) Not to mention 3x the face value. I am just having a hard time feeling bad for these people....

But none of that fully compensates for not seeing YOUR team play in the Super Bowl. I'd be especially upset if I was a Packers fan and this happened to me.

But none of that fully compensates for not seeing YOUR team play in the Super Bowl. I'd be especially upset if I was a Packers fan and this happened to me.

They did get to watch, did they not??
I heard they received standing room only seats.
The seats they ended up getting were probably better than their original seats!!
Those 400 seats were crammed in the highest possible corner, probably an obstructed view. Anyways though, you have a point, I would be pissed too, for a little while. Then I would look back at all the stuff I'm getting and realize, hey it could have been a lot worse.

People have a lot of opinions about this which is no surprise. But let's talk brass tacks. If this goes to court and a judge awards each of the 400 people $10k in damages that's going to end up costing the league a cool $4 million plus lord knows what in attorney's fees.

Maybe Goodell should fall on his sword. His tenure hasn't exactly been sterling before this happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey